Primitive Pumpkin Patch

In my first post I talked about my journey into the craft world that started about three years ago. Amongst the classes I took at that time was an online primitive craft class. I don’t remember what I was searching for at that time, but whatever it was brought me to The Ragged Fence, an online primitive craft shop… my first introduction to handmade primitive crafts. They have a large selection of products, and most of them are handmade by the shop owners, Deb and Gerald… a husband and wife duo! As I was browsing, I learned that they offer classes. I thought how neat would that be to make my own primitive crafts? So I signed up for a class! I started with one class… and enjoyed it so much that I took two other classes after that. Deb teaches the classes. Her instructions are well put together and easy to follow. She was so sweet and encouraging… and readily available to help! Today’s show & tell craft is inspired by Deb. It’s this fall’s first craft project that I share with you… a primitive pumpkin patch!

My SD Susu joined me in making one… her first primitive craft! I have her’s sitting on our fireplace mantel, and I gifted the one I made. What do you guys think? I hope Deb approves of them!

What I love about primitive crafts is that the imperfections are what makes them perfect! It’s the craft that says “it’s ok not to be perfect”! :D

You can purchase the muslin pumpkins and mini and large crows from The Ragged Fence. They come cut and pre-sewn… ready for you to stuff, stain, paint, bake, and sand. The grubby tags are from there as well. Now go check out this shop!

Thanks Deb for the inspiration!

1. September 13, 2011  7:59 am by Deb Reply

Wow!! I am totally impressed!! You did a great job on your pumpkins....the workmanship is awesome! Enjoy!

• September 13, 2011  11:09 am by Maysem Reply

Thanks Deb! It's because I had a great teacher:D

2. September 17, 2011  10:41 pm by suzan Reply

super cute!

• September 18, 2011  8:08 am by Maysem Reply

Thanks Suzan! And thanks for reading:)

3. September 18, 2011  10:41 am by Ruth Reply

Love these pumpkins. They came out fabulous.

Ruth

• September 18, 2011  10:57 am by Maysem Reply

Thank you Ruth! Thanks for checking out our pumpkin patches and leaving a sweet comment!

4. Pingback : My Primitive Pumpkin Patch « Susu Girl in this World

5. September 27, 2011  9:55 pm by Lauren Reply

I just love this project! You did such a great job :) Would love if you linked up to the Scatter Girls' Fall Front Porch Party that is going on right now: http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html

6. October 13, 2011  8:05 pm by Lauren Reply

These are fantastic! Absolutely beautiful :) Thanks for linking up to Scatter Girls.

7. Pingback : Primitive Snowman « Ode to Inspiration

8. Pingback : Thank You 2011, Hello 2012! « Ode to Inspiration

9. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Getting Ready for Fall!

10. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Rustic Fall Mantel