Pumpkin Tree Plant

Yes, a pumpkin tree plant! They were in the floral section at Trader Joe’s. The sign said “Pumpkin Bouquet”. I think this is the first time I’ve seen and heard of them. From a distance they looked like little plastic pumpkins, BUT they were REAL!! Check them out!

Aren’t they so stinkin’ cute! I did google them and found out that they are called pumpkin trees or pumpkins on a stick…but they are actually eggplants! Eggplants? Um, I’ll stick to calling them pumpkins like everyone else. After all, that is what they look like:D

Anywho, I think these cute pumpkins deserve to be in a cute vase… don’t ya think!! Besides, it’s an excuse to do some crafting:P Five minutes of crafting…that’s all it really took! I came up with the idea the second those pumpkins entered my shopping cart! I already had a glass vase, burlap garland, jute, and extra fabric flowers at home. How easy can that get?! As soon as I got home, I started putting together their new home…and ta da, it’s what you see in the picture! Very simple!

Hmm, I wonder how long these cuties will last. The lady at the check out counter at Trader Joe’s told me to just treat them like flowers. I did more googling but I couldn’t find info online… so I guess I will have to just wait and see. In the meantime, I will just enjoy my little pumpkins while they last!

1. October 6, 2011  11:59 pm by thecraftynest Reply

I saw that awesome plant...flower...whatever it is at Trader Joe's last week and fell in love! I'm so buying it the next time I head to TJ's!

2. October 8, 2011  8:19 am by Emily Reply

Awesome! I wish there were a Trader Joe's near me! I've never seen that plant before. And, that vase is so cute! What a great way to display the plant.

Thanks for the comment on my blog!! I love your blog. The cake below is amazing!!! I can't believe that's your first wedding cake! Talented!

3. October 8, 2011  12:03 pm by Susu Girl Reply

Wow! That is so cute! The pumkins dont look real at all!

4. October 9, 2011  4:03 am by Haley Reply

So funny- I saw this the other day when I came to comment on your beautiful cake. Then, the next day I went with some friends to an "ancient town" {I live in East Asia} and we saw someone selling the same things. The kids we were with wanted lots of these cute "little pumpkins" but all of the adults were perplexed as to what they really were. Someone kept saying, "i really think they're tomatoes." I told them all that I had seen the same thing on a blog the day before and that I really thought that it was eggplant and they looked at me like I was nuts. We asked him what it was and sure enough he said 茄子 {eggplant!} So thanks for sharing your fun little find! It was helpful even on the other side of the world! Have a great day!

5. October 11, 2011  2:10 pm by debbie Reply

That is so simple yet makes such a statement. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

6. October 15, 2011  11:07 pm by Candace Reply

that is so cute! love the pumpkin centerpiece!

Thanks for linking up to scrappy saturdays last weekend, come on back and link up again!

Candace

7. November 12, 2011  8:52 pm by whisperwoodcottage Reply

Great arrangement! I have never seen those before!! Thanks for linking up to the Burlap Month party at WhisperWood Cottage!

8. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Getting Ready for Fall!

9. October 17, 2013  1:20 am by Worm Reply

Um....what are these things? I feel like these should have some sort of life on google. Somehow I feel like Trader's Joe's is pulling a fast one on my wife and all of the interwebs. You can't find anything about these things, such a mystery. I would love to find out what these things actually are and what type of flower it is besides the "pumpkin flower" tag Joe's puts on em.