Wedding Cake Complete!

Here it is… my first wedding cake!

Thankfully everything went smoothly! As with every cake, there was a new found excitement after finishing it as if it was my first. I do get that feeling with every project:)  I loved the way the cake turned out, and hopefully so did the bride and groom!

Next on the agenda: Another cake along with cupcakes for this weekend, which I’ll hopefully be sharing with you a week from today. For now, I’m off to prep starting with making the decorations!

1. Pingback : My First Wedding Cake!! | CakeChannel-blog.com

2. October 3, 2011  10:01 am by debbie Reply

You are simply amazing and oh so talented. Wish you were in WNY, my sis is getting married next year and I would have you make her cake. Thanks for sharing.

3. October 4, 2011  1:38 pm by Dina Khalil Reply

This is the most elegant, simple yet luxurious cake wedding cake I have ever seen. Excellent job!

4. October 5, 2011  12:20 am by Haley Reply

This is wonderful! I would have never guessed it was your first! The fondant looks flawless and the flowers are SO elegant and beautiful! You should be so proud of yourself :) Thanks so much for sharing!

5. October 6, 2011  3:02 pm by Ruth Reply

I've made numerous cakes and YOU OUTDO me.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

6. October 7, 2011  8:28 am by Maha Reply

Maysem- Beautiful work! You never cease to impress!

7. October 7, 2011  10:01 am by Hollie Reply

Spectacular cake!

8. October 7, 2011  10:07 pm by Robin Reply

I am in love with those flowers...love, love, love! Fantastic cake!

9. October 8, 2011  11:02 am by Hetal Reply

Beautiful cake! You are awesome!

10. October 8, 2011  3:54 pm by Ruth Reply

That's amazing for a first attempt at a wedding cake. frankly it would be amazing for the 350th attempt!

11. October 10, 2011  9:42 pm by Judy Reply

Your cake is beautiful. I like that fondant icing and the pink really pops.

12. October 14, 2011  6:32 am by Amy Davidson Latta Reply

WOW! That is GORGEOUS! Amazing! I agree with everyone else, you'd never guess you hadn't made hundreds of them before. I'm sure the bride and groom loooved it!

13. October 15, 2011  11:06 pm by Candace Reply

great job!!!

Thanks for linking up to scrappy saturdays last weekend, come on back and link up again!

Candace

Cupcakes with a Cherry on Top

Last week I was buried in flour, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, fondant, buttercream... and all the good stuff that a cake and cupcakes are made of and the decorations that make tho[...]

Wood Love Bird Cake Topper

This past weekend I attended a wedding for one of my dearest friends. She asked me to make the cake topper for her wedding cake. I gave her a few ideas, and she fell in love with t[...]

Fondant Ribbon Rose

I bet you thought I was going to share Sofia's dessert table with you today. Sorry to disappoint if you did.... but don't worry, this post is related to it. Then I promise you in t[...]