Thanksgiving Decorating

I really enjoyed putting together my Eid vignette, so I decided to put one together for Thanksgiving.

I shared the give thanks sign in my last post. In case you missed that post, check it out… I tell you how I made it and what we did with the leaves. Since the sign was mainly made using yarn, I carried out the yarn theme throughout the vignette.

Everything I used for the vignette I already had on hand. I had these pumpkins displayed elsewhere but moved them over here and added yarn and chiffon fabric scraps for the bows.

You probably will never guess what my candle holders are, so I’ll just have to tell you! They are wooden serving pedestal bowls that I just turned upside down. I probably should have taken a “before” picture! I tied yarn around them and mini pumpkins. Then I placed little mason jars on top. Since I don’t intend to keep the bowls as candle holders (the bowls are really cool as serving vessels too!), I held the jars in place with sticky dots. I placed tea candles in each jar. I have to admit that these “candle holders” are my favorite part of the vignette…they make me smile:)

Especially when the candles are lit up…so pretty!

I would love to hear your thoughts! Also, if you’ve decorated for Thanksgiving, I would love to see it!

Don’t forget to check out the linky parties I attend where you will find all these amazingly talented and inspiring crafters! Also, as always, the list of parties is in the right hand side panel.

1. November 14, 2011  10:44 am by Chris Reply

Lovely job.

2. November 14, 2011  11:30 am by Linda Reply

I love using items in a totally different way! Bowls turned upside down is a great idea!

3. November 14, 2011  12:48 pm by CREATIVE MIND Reply

Slam, Maysem,
    MashaAllah you are doing great..keep it up & All the best!
    Have fun :)

4. November 14, 2011  1:07 pm by Yasmine Reply

Soooo pretty! My favorite is the tall grass. It makes everything feel really organic.

5. November 14, 2011  4:20 pm by Jenan Mohajir Reply

Looks awesome! Where can i get the lil' pumpkins?

6. November 15, 2011  2:54 pm by Amber Reply

I love our Thanksgiving Decor! Adorable!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the Initial Canvas Art. Hope it helps you if you decide to make one!

7. November 15, 2011  7:00 pm by Holly Reply

Your table decor turned out great... and how smart to use upside-down pedestal bowls for candle sticks! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower, btw! ;) Plz come check out the Bella Nest if you get a chance. -Holly

8. November 17, 2011  10:28 pm by MissMOE Reply

So pretty. Can you come decorate at my house? ;)

9. November 18, 2011  3:06 pm by Beth Reply

You have such beautiful ideas!! You have a GREAT eye for beauty! Thanks for linking up these beautiful ideas to TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth =-)

10. November 18, 2011  11:11 pm by Julie Reply

Love your vignette! So pretty!! I will check out how you made your sign!

Julie

11. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Getting Ready for Fall!

12. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Thanksgiving Vignette

13. Pingback : Top 10 Amazing DIY Decorations for Thanksgiving - Top Inspired