Snowball Fight Invitation

Hehe, that makes me giggle:D (For original source, just click on the image.)

I’m sure most of you know what a Snowball Cookie is, either by that name or another. Even though that is not the original name for the cookie, it’s obvious why it adopted that name:)  I was actually introduced to the cookie as Mexican Wedding Cake, but referred to it as a “Snowball Cookie” before knowing it was already referred to by that name! A few days ago, as I was thinking of making the cookies, an idea popped in my head! I thought how cute would it be to invite a family member or friend to a friendly snowball fight by sending them a bucket of Snowball Cookies!

Hey, do you guys think my tag looks like a snowball? I sure hope so! My friend Esra was my consultant on the phrase… I bugged her with text messages asking her which phrase she likes best. Thanks for the input Esra and for allowing me to harass you;P

Originally the idea was intended for family and friends only, but then another idea came about after making the tag. It reminded me of “You’ve been booed“. This can be the winter version… You’ve been snowballed! You wouldn’t necessarily have an actual snowball fight with your neighbors, it only would be sharing treats or trinkets just like “Booed”. Unless, your neighbor is willing to!

Now, we just need some snow for the games to begin! I promise, no rocks:P

I would love to hear your thoughts ya’ll so type away!

Linking up at these parties. Please do come on by and check out some great ideas from my fellow crafters!

1. December 16, 2011  11:20 am by Linda Reply

so nice! You are so creative. i also saw the wreath and i love it. you have inspired me to get more creative. Take care!

Linda

2. December 16, 2011  1:12 pm by Daneilia Reply

Those look delicious as well as fun!

3. December 16, 2011  1:54 pm by Kim Reply

This is so cute! I love your little snowball tag too!

4. December 16, 2011  5:33 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

The tag looks quite snowbally! It would be fun to be hiding somewhere to see the inevitable smile when the recipient finds this. What a fun idea! Maybe it will become a tradition?

5. December 17, 2011  5:13 am by Beth Reply

L~O~V~E this!!! What a cute presentation......... love the snowball fight ideas=-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I hope you have a wonderful, Merry Christmas!
    Beth =-)

6. December 17, 2011  5:57 am by Beth Reply

Ooops - I forgot to tell you I shared this with my Facebook readers here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957

Beth =-)

7. December 17, 2011  9:54 am by Christina Reply

where did you get that adorable bucket? target? Dollar store?

My 4 yr old just asked, "Are those snowballs we can EAT??!!"

8. December 17, 2011  11:36 am by Kristen Turner Reply

Cute idea! Pinned it. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the white rosettes on your header btw :)

9. December 17, 2011  4:21 pm by esra Reply

LOVE this!!!! looks D-lish and oh so cute!

10. December 18, 2011  4:53 pm by Wendy @HerBallistic Garden Reply

I love this! The whole look of a bucket of snowballs...so fun! Great tags! Came over from Sunday's Best...xo

11. December 18, 2011  4:55 pm by Cat Reply

What a cute idea! Love it!

Found you on Flamingo Toes

12. December 18, 2011  5:16 pm by Lisa Reply

Very thoughtful and tasty. I like most things with a witty humor.

13. December 19, 2011  2:57 am by Domestic Goddesque Reply

Love it: what a good idea. I have to say. I've no idea what a snowball cookie is, but then i come from the land of biscuits!!

14. December 19, 2011  11:21 am by Tamara @ Etcetorize Reply

Super cute. This will be a great way to 'pay it forward'....with cookies! I'm so glad you linked up at Etcetorize~

15. December 19, 2011  10:46 pm by Sher Reply

Cute idea and those snowball cookies look delicious!

16. December 20, 2011  4:04 am by Tina Peterson Reply

What a neat idea - it's like May Day only in the Winter! I'm sharing this idea on my blog & hopefully you'll get a few visitors. =D

• December 20, 2011  3:45 pm by Tina Peterson Reply

Here's the link - http://holidaygiftsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/12/menagerie-of-ideas.html I don't know why the other link I left didn't work. Blogger is having issues as usual I guess. =D

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

17. December 20, 2011  2:02 pm by youdoredo Reply

Love it. I love Wedding cookies or snowball cookies. We just ate a box last week. Merry Christmas from Bacon Time. This is such a cute gift.

18. December 20, 2011  7:30 pm by Splendid Little Stars Reply

I love it! very clever! The tags does look like a snowball. Those are yummy cookies. My mom used to make them and we called them nut cookies.

Here from Artful Rising.

19. December 20, 2011  11:17 pm by Jenn Reply

Such a fun idea and the packaging is SO cute! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. I'll be featuring this on my facebook page. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Jenn :)

20. December 21, 2011  10:53 pm by partycraftsecrets Reply

found you via sasse life - love the glitter snow-drift on the text! It's summer over here in Australia, but we're still trying to whip up some faux-frost - I just blogged about it today!

I love your idea, and your site - off to have a good look around. Would be thrilled if you could pop across to mine and help me get past 50 followers! LOL!

21. December 22, 2011  1:54 pm by Cathy@My1929Charmer Reply

so cute, and your tag does look snowbally. Love that word. The idea is so creative, and cute. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best and happy holidays!

22. December 26, 2011  9:53 pm by Mandy Reply

I'm featuring your snowball fight invite at Project Queen this evening! Thanks so much for linking it up to Link Party #14.

Hope your holidays were wonderful and that you will come back again this week for Party #15!

Mandy

23. Pingback : Link Party #14 Highlights – “Turning the Daunting Into the Do-able”

24. December 28, 2011  10:42 am by Ginger Reply

So cute! Featuring YOU tomorrow over on my blog at 11. Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me] wednesday last week. Have a happy new year!!

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

25. Pingback : Thank You 2011, Hello 2012! « Ode to Inspiration

26. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Winter Love

27. Pingback : Friday Link Party and Features {29/11} - Craftionary

New Kid on the Block

Hi everyone! Newbie blogger here. Just a little about myself and why Ode to Inspiration. About 3 years ago I began my journey into the craft world, starting with cake decoratin[...]

Bloomingdale's Pillow Copycat

Whenever I make a trip to Anthropologie (and Godiva for my free monthly truffle!), I tend to cut through Bloomingdale's (Home) because there's almost always a parking spot for me t[...]

Inspired Projects

Today I have for you two inspired projects. Both of these projects were found at linky parties. I love linky parties because there is so much inspiration and so much to pin! Both o[...]