I have a friend who always goes above and beyond what is asked of her…or even when not asked. She is one of the most generous people that I know. Over time she has done a lot for me, and a couple weeks ago she came through with a last minute favor despite the fact that she had a busy week going on. I wanted to make her a “thank you” gift to show my appreciation, but wasn’t exactly sure what. This friend’s name is Esra:)

A couple weeks ago, during that same week, I made a trip to Ikea with another friend for a few things we both needed. As we were browsing the frame department, I noticed a pack of four frames for $.99! My friend convinced me to get them. Really, you can’t go wrong with $.99. I’m sure one day I’ll come up with something to do with them, and if not I can just give them away, right? On my way home, as I was trying to figure out what can I make out of those frames, I thought about the “thank you” gift and an idea was born!

If you’ve been to ikea, you may recognize these frames. This is all they consist of: glass front, backing, and silver metal clips that hold the front and back together.

I picked out scrapbook paper that I thought was suiting to Esra. She is obsessed with black and white so that was an obvious choice. She had told me that she loves pairing up gold jewelry with a simple black dress, so gold it was too…and I couldn’t resist that wrinkly gold sheet so it was perfect that she liked gold! I also grabbed some black satin fabric along with lace…you’ll just have to read on to find out how I used these:)

First thing I did was spray the silver clips gold.

Next, I cut out the black/gold words sheet to the size of the frame and the wrinkly gold sheet a quarter of an inch smaller on each side. Then I glued them to the frame backing.

With the help of my handy dandy Silhouette, I cut out the letters of Esra’s name and glued them on. I clipped the front and back of the frame together.

Lastly, I linked each frame with black satin ribbon which was hot glued to the back of each frame. I created a hook on top with a lace ribbon which was also hot glued on and embellished it with a satin and lace flower. Flowers are always the perfect touch to anything! Well almost anything:D

Voila! All done!

I hope Esra truly likes it!

Linking at these fab parties so come on over!

1. December 28, 2011  9:08 am by Deb Reply

How creative! I bet your friend will treasure her gift for long to come!

2. December 28, 2011  9:46 am by karen Weight Reply

I am sure she will love this! What a great handmade gift to give a friend. Thanks so much for sharing the idea!

3. December 28, 2011  10:10 am by Creative Mind Reply

Beautiful :)
    sure Esra will love this & she is lucky to have this cute gift!!
    ~ Khadija
    www.creativemind.tk

4. December 28, 2011  12:50 pm by esra Reply

Yes SHE did:)~ I absolutely love it. I still can't believe you went thru all of this Maysem, your the best!!!

5. December 28, 2011  1:42 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

How thoughtfully created for her unique personality! She will love it! How could she not, it looks great and comes from a loving friend.

6. December 28, 2011  6:20 pm by Jodi Evans Reply

WOW!! love this!!!!

I think handmade gifts are the best.

I just got a silhouette cameo for Christmas, love seeing all these great ideas on how to use it :)

7. December 30, 2011  6:02 pm by Jenni Lou Reply

What a GREAT idea and what an amazing Thank gift. Thanks for sharing this.

8. December 30, 2011  11:19 pm by Dina Reply

LUV IT ;) !

9. January 3, 2012  3:58 pm by Tamara @ Etcetorize Reply

What a lovely thank you gift. It'll be even more special because she won't be expecting it all! Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

10. January 3, 2012  5:03 pm by The Southern Product Queen Reply

It's linky party time again! This post would be great at it if you wanna share it! Here is the link! http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

11. January 4, 2012  9:57 pm by Pat Reply

Love this gift idea.
    seems perfect for you friend.
    Don't you just love it when projects come together with little effort or cash!?!

came by way of the newbie party- Pat

12. January 5, 2012  2:55 pm by Jerri Reply

Cute project! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

13. Pingback : Another Vintage Sewing Machine! « Ode to Inspiration