Winter Mantel

Let it snow, let it snow… Oh let it snow! I love snow! (Except driving in it..hehe) I love watching the snow falling down as it creates a velvety white blanket for the Earth. It looks and feels magical:) If you look very closely as it falls against a window, you can see each individual tiny snowflake that creates that blanket. How beautiful is that! Snow! That’s my inspiration for my winter mantel. I went with white and earthy elements and colors.

You may remember the fabric flowers frame if you read the Fabric Flowers post. It’s the same frame. I took off the original flowers and switched them out with all white flowers. I had hot glued them on, so thankfully they came off with ease without causing any damage to the frame. I love how the white flowers make the frame appear to be frosted. It’s easier to see in person than in the picture… Or it could be just in my imagination;) To find out, I asked Susu and she did agree! Ha! Not my imagination!

If you read this post, then you probably recognize my jute container. I took out the gourds and  switched them out with yarn snowballs! Very easy to make. All you need are styrofoam balls and yarn (you can use a thumb tack to hold down the first end), then just wrap the yarn around the styrofoam balls. When done, you get snowballs..hehe:D

Isn’t that tin snowman so cute? I found him at Joann’s, and with 50% off I couldn’t resist him! His hat comes off to fill the container with treats. Who wouldn’t love receiving treats inside this cute guy? Hehe. For now, I thought he would make a cute decorative piece in my winter mantel. Afterall, what’s winter without a snowman!

I found those milk bottle candles at a local craft fair this past summer. I wish I remembered the name of the talented candle maker that made them. Aren’t they so neat?! What’s missing here is some cocoa to add to the warm milk:P

On the other side I gathered up some jars that I had saved up. I always try to save jars after they are emptied. Here you see jars from pasta sauce, gravy, pickles, and maybe jalapeno peppers:P  I filled them up with pine cones, cinnamon sticks, and peppermint scented candles. Staples of the winter season!

For the final touch, I added a snow frosted pine cones garland in front of the fabric flowers frame.

There you have it, my winter mantel. I hope you find inspiration in it, and I hope it says winter to you as much as it does to me! If you have decorated your mantel, I would love to hear or see how you decorated it:)

In my next post, I will be sharing my winter wreath and giving you a tutorial to make your own. Be sure to come back and join me!

I’ll be linking up to these great linky parties. Please come check out my fellow crafters and their awesome creations!

1. December 5, 2011  10:29 am by CREATIVE MIND Reply

Slam Dear,
    Your winter mental is superb! I also Love snowfall but it falls hardly once in winter! its unique here.. :)
    Yarn balls are just superb! no one can imagine these are wrapped around Styrofoam balls :) So much fun!! MashaAllah

2. December 5, 2011  10:34 pm by Rose Reply

I definitely found inspiration in your mantel! I love all of the different components that you used. I bet that the cinnamon makes it smell really good.

3. December 5, 2011  10:50 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

The sweet cream bottles are so nostalgic! Your mantle is lovely:-)

4. December 6, 2011  11:30 am by Tamara @ Etcetorize Reply

So pretty, love all of the jars that you used. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

5. December 6, 2011  11:31 am by Brooke Reply

Love all of this! I am your newest follower, returning the love from Spruce Your Nest :-)

6. December 6, 2011  9:20 pm by Beth Reply

Super cute!! Did you make the candles in the milk jars or find them somewhere - they are darling!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth =-)

7. December 8, 2011  12:03 am by marissa Reply

this is beautiful I'd love you to add it to what we wore and made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

8. December 8, 2011  12:41 pm by Lori Reply

So beautiful...thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower so I can get all your great ideas. Stop by and enter my Christmas giveaway if you get a chance. Warm wishes

9. December 8, 2011  1:03 pm by Ruth Reply

It all looks beautiful. Love all the mason jars.
    Ruth

10. December 8, 2011  1:17 pm by adventuresindinner Reply

So lovely! I really should put some more time in my mantle ;-)

Thank-you so much for adding to our Pin'Inspiration Party this week.

Happy reader and would love if you stopped by and grabbed a button.

11. December 8, 2011  7:06 pm by Bronwyn Reply

Love the yarn snowballs! What a whimiscal element in your display. Well done.

12. December 11, 2011  12:25 pm by Jen Reply

How beautiful! The combination of your soft and feminine flowered frame with the natural elements of jute, cinnamon and pine cones works perfectly! I'd be thrilled if you came and shared this at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

13. December 13, 2011  11:26 am by Nessa Reply

That is pretty!!

14. December 20, 2011  8:25 pm by Karah @ thespacebetweenblog Reply

Oh, I think it's great. Those yarn snowballs are great! So perfectly simplistic and fun with the pine cones and cinnamon sticks. Nice job and Happy Holidays!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

15. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Rustic Fall Mantel

16. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Winter Love

17. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Winter Mantel

18. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Winter Wonderland Vignette