Glass Etched Hot Chocolate Mugs

I’ve been keeping my Sihouette busy for the past week. Over the weekend it was for Susu’s science project which turned out fabulous! Great job to Susu! Then it was vintage Barbie silhouette t-shirts for my friend Veronica’s daughters. They came out so stinkin’ cute! Next on the agenda was for my nephew’s birthday party favors which is this weekend. The theme of the party is construction and it’s being held at Home Depot. Each child will be receiving his/her own classic construction worker’s dome lunch box. With the help of my Silhouette, I designed and cut out each child’s name in vinyl to personalize the lunch boxes. I used a font that was just like the Home Depot font… so fun! Susu is having a spa party so she is making a pennant banner. We made the letters with the Silhouette. I can’t wait to see the final product! Last but not least, I made stencils with vinyl for my glass etching project.

Hot chocolate mugs! What do you think? I admit, it was a pain getting the vinyl nice and smooth on the curve. It wasn’t as perfect as I would have liked, but after seeing the end result, all was good! Hehe:) If anyone has any tips on how to work with curves, I’d be happy to hear them ya’ll!

I sure do love my Silhouette! If you don’t have one, you must get one!

Have a great weekend! I’ll see you next week.

I will be sharing this project at these linky parties!

1. January 13, 2012  9:21 am by shirleysms Reply

I just love those mugs..they would make great gifts too, adding hot cocoa mixes, etc! Great job!!

2. January 13, 2012  1:46 pm by Linda Reply

so cute!

3. January 13, 2012  2:08 pm by Kelley Reply

I just won a silhouette.. and I cant wait to get my hands on it and try all these great crafts! I didnt even know it could etch glass.. how does that work?

4. January 13, 2012  3:11 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

I agree with Shirley, this is a great gift idea. I would love to try out the Silhouette someday. There are so many wonderful ideas out there (and some of my own) that would be fun to use it with.

5. January 13, 2012  9:10 pm by Bethany Reply

These are adorable! Great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. :)

6. January 14, 2012  8:01 am by Katie Reply

So cute! My mom gave me something called a "Cricut" awhile back. Have been wanting to pull out of closet and play with it ;-) Do you know if the "Cricut" is similar to your "Silhouette?" If it is, I will be in heaven. Thank you so much for your sweet comments...XoXo

7. January 14, 2012  8:22 pm by Jennifer Reply

Wow! You really did keep your machine busy this week. Wish I had some tips but I just got my Silhouette for Christmas and am still learning! I bet the Home Depot boxes looked adorable and the cups look pretty!

8. January 14, 2012  11:19 pm by Kathi Reply

What a great idea, would be good in a gift basket too...Kathi

9. January 14, 2012  11:36 pm by Miriam Reply

Oh so cute! I have had probs with curves too, so no suggestions. But I just can't get enough of etched glass. It's become the family joke: Oh it's your birthday? What would YOU like etched on glass?... I can't help myself.

10. January 16, 2012  12:29 pm by rachel Reply

I've never tried etching, but I would say that these turned out perfect!!! I love it!

11. January 16, 2012  7:19 pm by Melissa Reply

THIS is why I can't wait to get my Silhouette (it's coming any day now)! I'm hosting a winter theme linky party and would love it if you'd link up!
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

-Melissa

12. January 18, 2012  10:02 am by chandra Reply

These would make a great wedding gift! New to your blog and glad I found your creative space on the web.

13. January 19, 2012  12:43 pm by adventuresindinner Reply

What a beautiful project, anyone I know would love to get these as a gift.

Thank-you so much for taking the time to share at our Pin'Inspiration party this week. I really hope that you can take part in my "Beat the Winter Blues" party on Saturday. :-)

14. January 20, 2012  2:33 pm by Tonia @ The Gunny Sack Reply

I've never tried etching but your cups are so cute! I really need to try it sometime! Thanks for sharing.

15. January 21, 2012  12:45 pm by Melissa Reply

Thanks so much for linking up to my Manic Monday link party…it was a huge success! Make sure you check back tomorrow when I feature the top 3 posts. I’ll be hosting another Manic Monday linky party this week- the theme is LOVE. :)

16. Pingback : Construction Theme Dessert Table « Ode to Inspiration