Recycled Sweater Baby Doll

I love making the gifts I give. Whenever I need a gift for someone, I immediately start thinking of what I should make. However, for bridal or baby showers, if someone has a registry, I am a firm believer of respecting the registry. It’s there for a reason! Besides, it does make gift giving easier, doesn’t it?

I will be attending a baby shower this weekend for a good friend. I did make sure to get her a gift off of her registry. However, I couldn’t help but throw in a little handmade gift as well. :) I made her baby a doll made out of a recycled sweater.

Meet “Sleepy Baby”. I hand embroidered her facial features and little sprouts of hair “peaking” over her forehead. For the sleeves, I made them out of the sleeve ends of the sweater and sewed in little hands. As a finishing touch, I made a pom pom ball to add to the “hood”.

I hope my friend’s little one enjoys “Sleepy Baby” and cuddles with her for many years:)

Sweet dreams “Sleepy Baby”.

As always, linking up at the linky parties that you will find here on my “Let’s Party” page.

1. January 31, 2012  9:12 am by Jenan Mohajir Reply

OMG, this is SO CUTE!!! Can I have a manly version for Sulayman?

2. January 31, 2012  9:19 am by Kim Reply

Sweet as can be!!

3. January 31, 2012  9:24 am by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

That doll is ADORABLE!!..What a fantastic idea and what a fabulous job you have done. The recipient is going to be thrilled!..I know I would be honored to have received such a wonderful, thoughtful gift!..Your creativity is amazing!

4. January 31, 2012  9:34 am by folkhavenkaren Reply

SO sweet and unique! I'm pinning this idea.

5. January 31, 2012  10:22 am by Creative Mind Reply

This is amazing my dear!
    You are Awesome...no doubt :)
    have fun!!

6. January 31, 2012  12:12 pm by Maria Reply

Oh my goodness your "Sleepy Baby" is adorable!!!!!! It's just the cutest thing!!!!! You could make a whole collection of these "babies"! I feel so inspired! I love to make the gifts I give too!

7. February 1, 2012  5:28 am by Papgena Reply

I saw you on Homework! That doll is very, very sweet! I agree with you in your gift giving policy! ;)

8. February 1, 2012  8:36 am by Linda Reply

that is so cute! i wish you could make a tutorial of this project. My daughters would love this.
    Linda

9. February 1, 2012  12:09 pm by Jodi Evans Reply

I love this!!! so, so cute!! :)

10. February 1, 2012  4:46 pm by Bronwyn Reply

This the cutest dolly I have seen in a long time! I am sure your friend will love it!!

11. February 5, 2012  11:10 pm by Amy Reply

Awww. Iove the repurposing. Thanks for sharing this at drab to fab. This was a great transformation!

12. February 7, 2012  8:53 am by Cathy@My1929Charmer Reply

She is a.dor.able! the cutest doll and love that you re-purposed the sweater. Who would of know you could do so much with sweaters. Would love it if you would do a tutorial someday., We'd love to know how to make something this cute. My booth is down in Bourbonnais, about 45 minutes south of me. Just feel in love with hit. Did a post on it! Thanks for sharing your creative inspirations at Sunday's Best!

13. February 7, 2012  8:01 pm by Amy Clark Reply

That doll is totally adorable. I would also love to see a tutorial.

14. February 12, 2012  11:23 pm by Jessica @ Clip with Purpose Reply

This is so super cute and CREATIVE! Love it! Please, please, please share this with my readers on my Made for You Monday Link up http://www.clipwithpurpose.com/?p=8933

15. February 20, 2012  11:08 pm by Rachel Sue Reply

This is so cute! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

16. Pingback : Announcement! « Ode to Inspiration

17. April 11, 2012  12:45 pm by Amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com Reply

Maysem, these dolls are so precious..no wonder they are flying off your etsy shop shelves :). I bet your friend was thrilled to get a homemade gift from you!