Silhouette & Ruffles

How do you guys like my new outfit? Well, not my new outfit as in for myself, but I’m sure you figured that out, right? I made this outfit for a sweet little girl. It’s her birthday present from me. Ruffle cropped pants with a silhouette top.

It’s not visible in the picture, but the pink fabric has white pinstripes. The silhouette on the shirt was made out of the same fabric I used for the contrasting ruffles. If you’ve read my Fabric Flowers post, you may recognize a similar outfit I had made for my niece. Other than different fabrics, I made a framed silhouette with a rosette for my niece’s top. The silhouette was cut with my handy dandy Silhouette:)

I love making ruffle pants, the more ruffles, the cuter they get! I do love them as pants, but find them more adorable cropped. To make them, I used Pink Fig Design’s pattern, Rosie Posie Ruffle Pants. I love her patterns…cute stuff!

The fabric I used here were both one of  those finds with no specific plans but I purchased because I liked them. I think I’ve told you guys how I just buy fabric for no reason other than I like them. I do have a little fabric shop in my home… that’s what my husband calls it! Well, my little fabric shop has come in quite handy on a few occasions:D

I will be sharing my new outfit at these linky parties. Come on by!

1. January 6, 2012  10:38 am by Salwa Reply

Umm….why haven't you open up at etsy shop yet?? :-(

2. January 6, 2012  11:07 am by Jenn Erickson/Rook No. 17 Reply

Oh my word....this outfit is absolutely darling! I love the silhouette and the perfect ruffles! Definitely an ensemble that would have caught my eye, and ended up coming home with me from a boutique when my girls were little!

Thank you so much for visiting me and for all your kind comments at Rook No. 17! It's crazy how that Macaroon Kiss post has taken off on Pinterest. It's funny because it wasn't a planned post. My daughter had a cookie exchange at school, and at the last minute she changed her mind about what she wanted to bake. I typically avoid "my favorite cookie", since I end up eating half the dough and the rest of the cookies, but she didn't have to twist my arm too hard. I snapped a few pics at the party and decided to post the recipe later. It makes me happy to know that the cookie might become a part of other families' holiday traditions too.

Enjoy!
    Jenn

3. January 6, 2012  11:35 am by Creative Mind Reply

Pink is always awesome for girls :) is it for Suraya?hmmm...:)

www.creativemind.tk

4. January 6, 2012  12:05 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

So sweet! That's going to be one happy little girl? Have you considered selling your things on Etsy? You make such adorable and high quality items.

5. January 6, 2012  3:23 pm by Marilyn Reply

THIS IS ADORABLE.. LOVE LOVE IT!!!
    Hi Maysem, would you happen to have an email addy..? Wanted to ask you something..

6. January 7, 2012  12:52 am by rachel Reply

This is so pretty!!! Any little girl would love this outfit!

I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
    Have a great day!
    -Rachel

7. January 7, 2012  1:53 pm by rachel Reply

I just keep coming back to this!!! So cute!! thanks for linking up! :) Have a great weekend!

8. January 8, 2012  9:35 pm by Laurel@Ducks in a Row Reply

Pink and ruffles - what a fantastic combination! My girls would love this!

9. January 9, 2012  7:24 am by Rebekah L. Reply

How cute! Love those pants!

10. January 9, 2012  4:01 pm by h. rae Reply

This is soooo very cute! I would love for you to link up with my party at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-10-link-up.html

Happy Monday!

11. January 9, 2012  4:04 pm by Jennifer Reply

Very cute! I'm so loving the girl silhouettes on kids clothes lately.

12. January 9, 2012  5:33 pm by Sandy Brown Reply

This is adorable! I remember when my girls wore cute little outfits like that..miss those days:) You did a great job!

13. January 9, 2012  6:39 pm by Tonia @ The Gunny Sack Reply

What a beautiful outfit! I would love to give it to one of my nieces. It's been way to long since I've sewn anything...I need to get back at it! Thanks for sharing!

14. January 11, 2012  8:05 am by anne maskell Reply

Oh my goodness this is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

15. January 11, 2012  10:19 pm by cathy@ My 1929 Charmer Reply

So adorable, I'm with you girl, you can't have too many ruffles! Love the girl silhouette on the top. Really an adorable outfit. Pink is the color for little girls. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

16. January 12, 2012  6:51 am by Crystal Reply

Adorable! I'm getting ready to start sewing lessons. Can't wait to learn to do something like this!

17. January 13, 2012  6:04 pm by Lindsi B Reply

Wow that turned out AMAZING! What a great post! Would you please share this with our readers for fun stuff fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

18. Pingback : Link Party #16 Highlights – “Turning the Daunting Into the Do-able”

19. January 16, 2012  11:58 pm by Mandy Reply

Hi Maysem, love this sweet little outfit. I featured it tonight at Project Queen's highlight party. Thank you for linking up this past week.

Mandy
    Projectqueen.org

20. January 17, 2012  3:33 pm by The Southern Product Queen Reply

Love this post! You are so talented!!! I'm having a linky party again, and would love for you to join! Here is the link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!!!

Eid Al-Adha Decorations

In my last post I shared a couple cookie stenciling ideas with you using the cookie stencils that I received from Eidway. Along with the cookie stencils, Eidway also sent me cake s[...]

Pink Fig Patterns Giveaway

I'm so excited about this week! It marks the one year anniversary for my blog. To make it even more special, Pink Fig is helping me celebrate by offering one of my readers 3 free p[...]

Retro Inspired Patchwork Dress

Suraya was the vintage inspired, and for Susu it was retro! Actually, the dress being retro inspired is quite accidental... but I love that it does look retro! I used Anna Mar[...]