Valentine’s Day: Sew in Love

Valentine’s Day is not too far away! There are so many adorable ideas out in blog land, which have inspired some of my own ideas that I want to share with you:) Today’s idea is all about the packaging. I’m a sucker for cute packaging! Wanna see what I have for you?

I’ve been in the sewing mood this past week…can you tell? :P

So here I give you my “quilt” pieces treat packages! Instead of using fabric, I used card stock and scrapbook paper. I first crisscross stitched the front piece. Next I sewed the two pieces together leaving the top open to fill with candy and then sewed it shut.

I cut out the hearts with my Silhouette. Before I cut them out, I designed my phrase in the fonts and size I wanted in proportion to the heart. Then on regular printer paper I printed out “Sew in Love”. Next I transferred the phrase onto the heart by creating an imprint. To do that, you just place the paper with the phrase directly over the heart and with a pencil trace the letters. Since it was printer paper, it was easy to see the heart through it and center properly. I used that imprint to sew in the phrase. I hand sewed it with embroidery thread.  I did try printing the phrase directly onto the heart, but I didn’t want any ink peaking out.

To attach the heart to the envelope, I punched a hole through each and tied them to each other with lace and fabric scraps.

And there you have it, “Sew in Love” Valentine’s! I hope you like them!

I do have another Valentine’s Day idea for you… this time treats! I’ll be sharing them along with a tutorial at The Artsy Girl Connection’s Crafty Lil Hearts blog hop. I’m so excited!! The event runs February 1st to February 14th. My post will be up next Sunday, February 5th. I hope you join me there!

As always, you can find me and my ideas at these linky parties!

1. January 24, 2012  9:24 am by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

Such a cute valentine project. You are ever so creative!

2. January 24, 2012  10:10 am by folkhavenkaren Reply

These are adorable! What attention to detail that you hand embroider the phrase on each heart!

3. January 25, 2012  2:08 am by marissa Reply

what a great and beautiful idea. thanks so much for linking up at my What We Wore and Made party!

4. January 25, 2012  1:31 pm by Jodi Evans Reply

I love this!!! I have a cameo now and I'm having so much fun with it!!

did you hear about plum districts awesome silhouette deal?? Get $50 worth of silhouette stuff for just $30 and you get 10% off w/ the code: FABULOUS

if you take advantage of the deal, will you use my link so I can get credit?

happy crafting!!

5. January 25, 2012  2:06 pm by Lauren @ SummitStreetJoy.com Reply

So creative! Please consider sharing at my Valentine Link Party at www.SummitStreetJoy.com :)
    blessings!
    lauren

6. January 26, 2012  7:33 am by Maha Reply

So cute! They have a romantic touch to them.

7. January 26, 2012  12:04 pm by Linda Adams Reply

Cute idea, love your little packages. Thanks for sharing, Joyous Wishes, Linda

8. January 27, 2012  1:06 am by rachel Reply

Oh I love this idea!!! Too cute!!! Thanks for linking it up!

9. January 27, 2012  9:31 am by Maria Reply

These look so sweet! I love cute packaging too, it just adds so much to a gift and makes it that much more special! Nice idea!

10. January 27, 2012  9:46 am by susu Reply

I am sew. in. love. with THAT!

11. January 28, 2012  3:06 am by Lowri McNabb Reply

These are so much fun - thanks for sharing how you made them!
    Lowri

12. January 29, 2012  3:18 am by Jenn Reply

Those are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at The Creative Spark! I'll be featuring these on Sunday. Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Jenn :)

13. January 29, 2012  10:29 pm by Cathy@My1929Charmer Reply

How cute are these. This is the 2nd time I've seen sewing on paper. I never knew you could do that. But sure am going to try. I like the paper you choose, and I'm so going to get a Silhouette. Your projects always have such attention to the details. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

14. January 30, 2012  8:30 am by Tamara @ etcetorize Reply

These are wonderful! I love the look of sewing on paper. Definitely putting this on my "to make" pin board. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

15. January 30, 2012  8:04 pm by Kelley Reply

Cute! I would love one of these.. just to have.. because they are adorable! :)

Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday :)

16. February 1, 2012  1:31 pm by Jami Reply

This would be a great addition to The Pretty Packages Party! Would love for you to stop by and link up!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    The Blackberry Vine

17. February 2, 2012  12:31 am by esra Reply

i loved this so much and couldn't believe u used cardstock! so cool!

18. March 1, 2012  8:45 am by Jami Reply

These are really adorable! Thank you so much for linking up to the Pretty Packages Party. The March Pretty Packages Party will begin tonight at 9:00 PM CST. Hope you'll stop by again!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

19. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » More Valentine’s Day Ideas