Construction Theme Dessert Table

Remember when I told you guys that my nephew was having a construction theme birthday party at Home Depot and that I used my Silhouette to personalize each guests’ lunch box? Well in case you missed it, I mentioned it in this post right over here. Now I’m ready to share this party with you. Why did it take me this long you wonder. I’ll tell you why…. because I was waiting on a particular feature. A feature on Amy Atlas’ blog!!! Yes, you heard me right! The dessert table that I designed for the party was just featured yesterday. Check out the feature here at Amy Atlas’ blog!!

I’m so lost for words. I can honestly say that not much planning went into this table. Once my sister-in-law Suzan told me she wanted to do it at Home Depot, I had somewhat of a vision of how I wanted to set it up but no detailed planning. Normally I’ll do a preliminary layout of how I want to set up for a table, and I know everything that will go on there to the last detail. With my busy schedule as well as Suzan’s, we had to keep it simple.

Each little construction worker got to take home their own personalized lunch box. I had found these lunch boxes by chance at Tuesday Morning (for those that don’t have this store where you live, it’s kinda like a Home Goods). They were actually Bakugan lunch boxes. Suzan and I spray painted them silver. I used vinyl for their names. The boxes were packed with turkey sandwiches, bag of apples, fruit snacks, and a cute “Thank You” note Suzan had made. Also, each child received their own construction cone cups.

As additional snacks, pretzels, sugar cookies, and clementines were placed in crates on the other side of the table. These crates were originally purchased for Malik’s 3rd birthday dessert table, so they came in handy once again!

I do usually make the cakes for the family, but my busy schedule didn’t allow for it. However it did allow for semi-homemade cupcakes! :D Semi meaning Suzan purchased the cupcakes and we dipped them in crushed Oreos. And you have yourself some “mud” cupcakes! What cuter way is there to present “mud” cupcakes but in a dump truck!

I hand painted the Happy Birthday sign and added the “caution” tape as a last minute touch. Suzan included photos of Malik from when he was a newborn up until his third birthday.

I have to say that the Home Depot tablecloth was the perfect finishing touch to this table. I had intended to cover the table with the brown kraft paper. However, upon my arrival to the party room I saw the tablecloth. I asked the Home Depot crew if I can use it, and they told me to go for it! Not only was that perfect for the table, it made the kraft paper I brought available for the back drop. Behind the table was a dry erase board that desperately needed to be covered. I had expected the table to be elsewhere in the room, so had not calculated needing a backdrop behind the birthday sign. It all worked out perfectly, wouldn’t you say!

The party didn’t stop at the dessert table. There’s more!

Each child got to take home their own hard hat as well as their own personalized aprons! All credit for the personalized aprons go to the awesome crew at Home Depot!

Suzan had asked them if they had aprons for the kids, and they voluntarily offered to personalize each one. I’m telling you, the crew was amazing to work with!

Here are the little construction workers hard at work…

Each child made their own tool box to take home with them. How fun! I was busy taking the pictures, but would have loved to make my own too:P

I think I’ve covered it all. Thanks for stopping by!

I look forward to sharing with you my next dessert table:) Yup, I plan on making one for my craft party this Friday!

Be sure to look for Malik’s party at these linky parties.

1. February 1, 2012  9:08 am by Salwa Reply

MashaAllah! That has to be the kyootest bday party on earth! Great job Maysem and Suzan! :-)

2. February 1, 2012  9:22 am by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

How wonderful and creative...So, so cute and I am sure they all had a grand time. Where did you get those lunch boxes? Super cute!! Love it all! My granddaughter loves going to the Lowes workshops with her "Pop"

3. February 1, 2012  11:28 am by Maha Reply

So creative! Love it so simple and cute!

4. February 1, 2012  11:46 am by folkhavenkaren Reply

I didn't even know you could have parties at HD. What a cool theme and activities for a little boy! I just love all of it. I'm going over to check out your feature at Amy Atlas now. Congratulations!

5. February 1, 2012  1:29 pm by Yasmine Reply

Fabulous as always! What a very lucky kid, so many wonderful memories!

6. February 2, 2012  12:29 am by esra Reply

This is amazing!!!!!! mashAllah you outdo yourself everytime! uber impressed

7. February 2, 2012  6:39 am by ColleenB. Reply

Think I will have to make a trip to Tuesday Mornings here in my area to see if they carry them small lunch boxes. They are adorable and what a great party and such clever ideas.

8. February 2, 2012  10:20 am by Katie Reply

OMG! This is darling!!! I want to make one of these tables for my husbands birthday! lol... he'd love it!!!

9. February 2, 2012  10:52 am by adventuresindinner Reply

I know this is meant to be more of a little boy's party but my little girl would have had a blast!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share at Pin'Inspiration Thursday. Hope to see you on Saturday to help "Beat the Winter Blues". Have an awesome day.

10. February 5, 2012  8:04 am by Jenny Reply

Oh my! I am so glad I found your site. This is such a cute party. I love the little lunch boxes. I found you through blogfrog. I'm your newest follower. If you get a chance stop by www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com Thanks for sharing!

11. February 6, 2012  11:17 am by Jessica @ StayAtHome-ista Reply

Amazing! Who knew Home Depot had a party room? Im going to look into it for my son's upcoming 3rd birthday.

12. February 8, 2012  5:19 pm by Vicky Reply

Wow, that is super! You did not miss a detail. That looks like every little boys (an big ones too) dream. I am a new Twitter follower visiting from Project Queen. Vicky from Mess For Less

13. February 9, 2012  11:03 pm by six sisters Reply

This is absolutely the cutest thing!! Every little boy would be loving this! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more fun ideas! -The Sisters

14. February 12, 2012  4:33 pm by Mandy Reply

Oh my goodness Maysem! This is adorable!!!
    I'll be featuring this tomorrow night at Project Queen's Highlight Party.
    Thank you so much for always sharing your amazing projects!!!

Mandy

15. Pingback : Link Party #20 Highlights – “Turning the Daunting Into the Do-able”

16. February 24, 2012  11:43 am by dottie Reply

This is so neat! It looks like tons of fun! Especially the hammering! Great job!

17. April 28, 2012  8:13 pm by Sheila Chrissanthis Reply

Where did you get the mini construction cone cups?