Crafting & Hot Chocolate Party

I finally get to share my crafting party with everyone! I had it last Friday in my home for a few of my friends. If you haven’t already guessed from some of the clues in previous posts, “Hot Chocolate” was the theme with burlap and doilies as the theme of the decor. I wanted to create a rustic, cozy environment which I felt white and natural colors give off.

I put together a small hot chocolate bar along with a few sweets and snacks.

A friend of mine made the banner for me. I just told her what I wanted and she went at it! I added lace and cotton “lace” ribbon on each end.

Remember these “Hot Chocolate” mugs? Each guest got to take one of these big boys home! Inside each mug was cocoa on a stick that I made using a yummy recipe I found on That’s What Che Said. Each stick was stamped with the word “cocoa”.

What’s hot chocolate without marshmallows? Not big on marshmallows (gasp!), it’s ok. There’s still the option of crushed peppermint, crushed graham crackers, or a cinnamon stick to stir around in your hot chocolate! Want just plain old hot chocolate? That’s ok too:)

Some of you may recall that I mentioned in a previous post that I was going through a stamping craze. Well, as with the cocoa sticks, each serving utensil (scoopers and tongs) were stamped with the item’s name.

Macarons and macaroons were served (hehe!). French macarons and coconut macaroons that is! The French macarons (along with the cake) were purchased from my favorite bakery in Chicago, Bittersweet. And in my humble opinion, the best bakery in Chicago! For the coconut macaroons I used Rook No. 17‘s amazing recipe! One look at the pictures in her post and I was sold! Beyond sold folks!! I had pinned the recipe five weeks ago, and since then my pin has been repinned 4,934 times (as of this moment)!!! I had my Pinterest set up to receive emails every time someone repins any of my pins. Just imagine how many emails bombarded my inbox! My phone alerts me when I receive a new email…so I was getting little beeps practically back to back every second! Oh my goodness folks! So now I have my Pinterest settings to receive only one email a day. These cookies are worthy of every pin!

Let’s not forget about the chocolate hazelnut wafer roll cookies (from Pepperidge Farms). I love wafer rolls because they seem to always add an elegant yet rustic touch to drinks and desserts.

I am about to introduce you to the most amazing cake I’ve ever had! This is my favorite cake on the planet folks! It’s a hazelnut cake with creme brulee and fresh strawberry filling covered in dark chocolate ganache with a buttercream layer underneath the ganache. My friend Jenan introduced me to this cake years and years ago (I can’t remember exactly how many years ago, so “years and years” about covers it..hehe). Since then, nothing has compared or come anywhere close to it’s amazing-ness!! If you are in Chicago, you must make a trip to Bittersweet and try this cake! Just be sure to call in the order 48 hours in advance:) They always dress it up with fresh flowers on top unless otherwise specified.

Surrounding the cake are chocolate chip cookies, Muddy Buddies (or puppy chow if you prefer), and pretzel treats with Hershey Kisses and M&M’s. The chocolate chip cookies were made by Susu. I like her’s better than mine… she has a little magic trick that I can’t share:) The containers that each of the treats are presented in are planters that I found at Ikea. Don’t they look like doilies? I love them!

The milk and “Nibling Necessities” (Thanks Veronica for the cute phrase!) were served on a small console table. I turned the table so the drawer would be facing to the side, and placed the plates, forks and napkins in the open drawer.

The forks were stamped with “Eat Cake”:D Hmm…recognize anything from previous posts over here? Hehe.

Hot drinks and sweets tend to make you thirsty, so I included water bottles with “doily” labels presented on a 3-step stool. Also, a marker was available for the guests to write their names on their bottles. I placed a doily sign on the stool that said “Put your name on it!”

I made “Take Home” treat bags for the guests and placed them in a “doily” tin tray. The original color of that tray was red, then I spray painted it white but the white with the mix of the red looked pink (I used a whole can of white!). I went with bronze for the final color to hide the crazy pink color. The tray just didn’t want to be white!

I had a “carry all” bag for each guest with a thank you tag that says “Thanks for crafting with me!”

Last but not least, the craft! You will just have to come back for the next post to hear about what we made, but here’s a little sneak peak. Can you guess what it was?

Thanks for joining me today. Have a wonderful weekend!

I will be sharing at these linky parties.

1. February 10, 2012  10:18 am by julaybeeba Reply

And to think i was able to be apart of this! COMPLETE AWESOMENESS!!!!!

2. February 10, 2012  10:21 am by ColleenB. Reply

Everything is so Awesome looking as well as looking so yummy. I did regonize those napkins that you bordered punched..
    Yum; I'd say by the those wooden blocks and them sponge paint brushes that there will be some painting involved. Can't wait 2 C the finished product.

3. February 10, 2012  10:24 am by ColleenB. Reply

Painting / brushing with Mod Podge that is

4. February 10, 2012  11:14 am by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

You are the Queen of everything crafty!!...Love this post..and all the stamping...Did I miss something prior?...How did you stamp the wooden items?

• February 10, 2012  6:29 pm by Salwa Reply

lol she is the queen!

5. February 10, 2012  11:44 am by Creative Mind Reply

What a great Party! I love the treats & yummy creative stuff!!! Maysem you cant cease to amaze me with your awesomeness!! Yep lovely!
    And my guess you are going to mod podge these wooden tile costers,,Right??
    All the best ~

6. February 10, 2012  1:20 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

Maysem, you sure know how to treat your friends like royalty! It's been fun following the build up to the big day. It all came together so beautifully! :-)

7. February 10, 2012  1:45 pm by Vanessa Reply

Thanks for linking up! I just featured you on my fb page: http://www.facebook.com/seevanessacraft

8. February 10, 2012  6:31 pm by Salwa Reply

Thanks Maysem for such an AHHHmazing party! I still can't stop talking about it to everyone and thinking about how awesome it was. There wasn't a single detail you didn't miss out on. ;-)

I have to check out bittersweet some time, maybe next week! I have to say my favorite were the coconut macaroons stamped with a hershey kiss and the home made hot chocolate with all the fun toppings.

Thanks again! :-D

9. February 10, 2012  8:39 pm by Cheryl Reply

I am smitten that my hot chocolate on a stick made it to your party! What an awesome craft party! Have a great weekend!!

10. February 10, 2012  9:13 pm by Jasmine A. Reply

Maysem, you're my hero. haha :) mashaAllah your work is amazing!

11. February 11, 2012  7:04 am by Danielle Reply

What a great idea for a party and I love all: the banner, the favor labels, the stamped forks etc. Very nice!

12. February 11, 2012  7:24 am by Maha Reply

Love it! Pure talent!

13. February 12, 2012  1:10 pm by CB Reply

Very Elegant. I will have to try that bakery soon!

14. February 12, 2012  3:48 pm by Bridget Hedger Reply

I want to be at this party! So glad I found your blog, I am really enjoying it! Thanks for sharing! Those cookies are also very adorable

15. February 13, 2012  10:39 am by Kristin Reply

Love all the details and time you put into this! Lovely!

16. February 13, 2012  1:40 pm by dottie Reply

Boy howdy this looks absolutely delicious!

17. February 13, 2012  1:48 pm by april Reply

I would love to see those pictures of your flea market!!! Thank you for the sweet comment! xoxo

18. February 13, 2012  9:04 pm by Emily Reply

FUN!! I am so loving your decor! I've totally pinned your hot chocolate station for future party reference!!

19. Pingback : Craft Party: Doily Wood Coasters « Ode to Inspiration

20. February 14, 2012  9:16 am by Michelle @ Teagans Travels Reply

Oh my gosh! I so hope you'll share on my linky party. My friends and I have gone craft crazy (as in ka-Ra-zy!) since we discovered Pinterest. We had one craft party at Christmas and talked about making it a monthly get together. This idea is simply awesome!! So inspired!

Happy Valentine's to you and your family!
    Michelle

21. February 14, 2012  6:18 pm by Kristen Turner Reply

Ahhh this is LOVELY. Pinning this party idea. I also have those Ikea planters. Love them!! :)

22. February 15, 2012  6:22 pm by six sisters Reply

What a cute idea! We loved having you at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come back next Saturday and share more of your great ideas! -The Sisters

23. February 15, 2012  9:44 pm by Maria Reply

I absolutely love your hot chocolate bar!! It's adorable and I love all the cute little details! Those are always what really makes the party - the thoughtful attention to detail! So cute!

24. February 16, 2012  2:51 am by Jessica Reply

I found you via HOH. I love all of this, but I just have to know where you found the wooden scoops? I think I need some, haha.

25. February 16, 2012  9:43 am by the cape on the corner Reply

oh my gosh, how adorable! i'd love some hot chocolate right now, it's so dreary and dark outside even thought it's not even 11 am. the perfect weather for hot chocolate!

26. February 16, 2012  2:58 pm by Jenn Erickson/Rook No. 17 Reply

WOW....nearly speechless...WOW! What an incredibly creative and beautiful party. Pinned it immediately to my "perfect parties" board. So many creative touches!! I especially love all the wooden utensils and the way they were all hand-stamped. Brilliant!

Jenn

27. February 16, 2012  9:26 pm by Sarah Reply

Thanks so much for sharing this great party at Dwell on Fridays! I just love this post and would like an invite next time I'm in Chicago ;)

Come by again tomorrow to link up your newest projects! Have a great weekend.

• February 16, 2012  10:40 pm by Sarah Reply

And...I'm going to feature this post tomorrow at Dwell on Joy! Come by and grab a button!

28. Pingback : do something crafty #27

29. February 16, 2012  11:29 pm by Vanessa Reply

I just featured this post at Do Something Craft Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/

Feel free to grab a "featured on" button :)

30. February 17, 2012  8:17 am by Cathy@My1929Charmer Reply

What an amazing and creative party. Living around Chicago I will have to try out Bittersweet for some of their amazing items. Love all the wooden utensils! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best Par.tay.

31. February 17, 2012  3:25 pm by Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com Reply

Love this! We just posted our 2nd Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party and would love for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_16.html

32. February 18, 2012  10:58 am by Molly Reply

I'm in awe! I can't believe how great this party is, you did a great job! Thanks for sharing your post here. I pinned you, and made sure to tell everyone to link back and check out the entire blog :)
    I'd love for you to come share this at my very first *Get Creative* linky party...
    I really hope to see you there
    -Molly

33. February 21, 2012  10:47 am by Stacey Reply

Love your crafting and cocoa party so much I featured it with the Inspired Creations Linky Party features! Stop by to see and grab a featured button while you are there! Thanks for linking up and please come back weekly on Thursdays to link up again!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

34. February 21, 2012  10:54 am by Stacey Reply

Love your party idea so much I featured it with the Inspired Creations Linky Party features! Stop by to see and grab a featured button while you are there! Thanks for linking up and please come back weekly on Thursdays to link up again!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

35. February 21, 2012  10:37 pm by Jaime from crafty scrappy happy Reply

what a FABULOUS party!!!! I love all of the amazing details!!! Thank you so much for the great ideas!!! :o) ps thank you for linking up last week!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

36. Pingback : Dessert Tables : My Yosemite Wedding – The Yosemite Wedding Experts

37. Pingback : spring craft party

38. Pingback : Chalkboard Labeled Planters « Ode to Inspiration

39. Pingback : Art Supply Center « Ode to Inspiration

40. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » My Grandma

41. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Winter Wonderland Vignette

42. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Gift Basket Making With Anthro!

43. December 19, 2012  11:33 pm by Bee Reply

great idea! i'm doing something like this on the weekend! I have to know.. where did you get the tree stumps from? such a cute idea!

44. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » “Hop” Chocolate Bar

45. Pingback : Dessert Tables » Embellish

Winter Chalkboard Craft Party

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday celebration! The new year is just a few days away and I thought to end 2013 with a final post.... just because I've been anxious to share my[...]

Eid Giveaway

Ramadan is almost over and Eid is fast approaching. Usually I'm on top of it when it comes to the Eid gifts, treats, decorating, etc. I admit I have been procrastinating a bit this[...]

Construction Theme Dessert Table

Remember when I told you guys that my nephew was having a construction theme birthday party at Home Depot and that I used my Silhouette to personalize each guests' lunch box? Well [...]