Inspired Projects

Today I have for you two inspired projects. Both of these projects were found at linky parties. I love linky parties because there is so much inspiration and so much to pin! Both of today’s crafts can be found on my Pinterest boards:) The first awesome idea is by Claire at Fellow Fellow. She made votives using fabric and mason jars… of course it was love at first sight! Check out her oh so pretty version as well as her tutorial over here.

Here is my version:

Instead of votives, I used mine as flower vases and included tags that are all about inspiration!

The next project I came across a couple weeks ago. It’s by Janel at Hating Martha. She made fake mini cross-stitch art. At first glass, her “cross-stitch” looked oh so real! Check it out for yourself over here where you’ll also find the tutorial. Aren’t they so stinkin’ cute! Just like Janel, I love cross-stitch, but I don’t cross-stitch. Her overall presentation of the project was adorable. Jute, doilies, and pretend cross-stitch… I was sold!

Mine didn’t turn out as real looking as her’s… it seems I don’t have the talent for real or fake cross-stitching. LOL! I guess that just means I need to practice my fake cross-stitching, and maybe one day will get lessons for the real thing! :D

I didn’t have cardboard hoops like Janel, so I used an embroidery hoop for my version.

These two projects are the last pieces to my spring mantel. Be sure to come back for the next post where I’ll finally be revealing my mantel! I hope you are excited as I am:D

Linking up at these parties and off to find more inspiration! I recommend you do the same!

1. February 27, 2012  1:28 pm by Pat Reply

Cute, cute!

2. February 27, 2012  4:14 pm by Janny Reply

Very cute! I love the flower pots. I'm actually planning to do something similar to that on mason jars. Thanks for stopping by Que Linda too. I'm your newest follower (on FB)

3. February 27, 2012  6:10 pm by okoraf Reply

I really like your fake cross stitch. It came out cute.

4. February 27, 2012  7:33 pm by Janel @ Hating Martha Reply

Yours is sooo stinking cute!! I think you kicked my butt!! Sharing this on Facebook!!

5. February 27, 2012  9:05 pm by Maria Reply

I love those cute flower pots and the pretty yellow flowers! So sweet, and perfect for spring!

6. February 27, 2012  11:50 pm by MJ Reply

What great inspiration. I loved the fake cross-stitch idea so much, I might do it with real cross-stitch *gasp*.
    Very cute projects and well done, too.
    www.ahappysong.com

7. February 28, 2012  4:24 pm by Kristen Turner Reply

Cross stitching isn't for me either!! Yours looks lovely though. Your photos are always pretty!

8. February 28, 2012  8:27 pm by Claire Reply

Your votives turned out beautifully! I love the yellow :)

9. February 29, 2012  2:14 pm by Tara Reply

I love linky parties too-it's so fun to see what people come up with. Thanks for joining mine:)

10. March 1, 2012  3:27 pm by Mindie Reply

So sweet and pretty!

11. March 3, 2012  1:18 pm by Lauryn Reply

these are DARLING! i would love for you to add this to my new link party… spreading the love. please go check it out if you are interested! there’s a great scarf giveaway going on there as well!
    {love} lauryn @ love notes by lauryn

12. March 3, 2012  10:54 pm by Sarah Reply

I just found a cute vintage cross-stitched tablecloth underneath my mom's plastic one today while I'm staying at her place. Do you think it would be wrong of me to steal it!?! Maybe I don't have to do that anymore because I can totally fake it!!! Thanks for sharing :)

13. March 3, 2012  11:51 pm by Rachel Reply

So cute!! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.

14. March 5, 2012  11:43 am by Stacey Reply

Love those adorable litle flower vases! Precious! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations party - please come back Thursday to link up again!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

15. March 6, 2012  3:22 pm by Carrie Reply

How fun! They came out beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! Have a great week!

16. March 6, 2012  6:46 pm by six sisters Reply

These are so cute. We are so glad that you linked up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

17. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Spring Mantel

18. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Getting Ready for Spring

Thank You 2011, Hello 2012!

As each year comes to an end, there is always a sense of sadness because it makes you reflect on the time that flew by and what you have done in that time. At the same time, there [...]

Anthropologie Inspired Project

I love Anthropologie! Who doesn't?! How can you not?! Other than for the obvious reasons to love Anthropologie, another reason I love it so much is because it's filled with inspira[...]

Spring Mantel Reveal

The day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived! Okay, maybe it's not the day we've all been waiting for... but it's the day that I finally reveal my spring mantel! After al[...]