Spring Mantel Reveal

The day we’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived! Okay, maybe it’s not the day we’ve all been waiting for… but it’s the day that I finally reveal my spring mantel! After all the little sneak peaks, you finally get to see all my projects together… I hope all the anticipation was worth it! Check it out….

I’m always in love with vintage teal, but this time I decided  to pair it up with yellow. I’m so in love with this color combination!

I wanted the shutters to be the main teal piece on the mantel, with everything else in yellow but with some teal.

Lately, I’ve been in love with birds and anything related to birds… So of course I had to have a birdhouse along with a little birdy…

And a bird cage with a bird perched on top:)

If you read my previous posts, you already know that majority of the pieces in my mantel were found antique and thrift shopping. The second I saw the yellow doily, I knew it would be perfect for my mantel, but it wasn’t until I found the frame that I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! I do love how it turned out! If you missed that post, you can find it here.

There are some pieces here I have not yet introduced you to…

This small wooden art piece was another thrift find. It was so cute, and it was asking me to take it home… for $.50 I figured I couldn’t go wrong!

I love my vintage milk jug! I had purchased it from the antique mall before I started planning my spring mantel, but once the planning began I knew I wanted it on there along with a sunflower tied to it’s handle.

If you saw my winter mantel, then you probably recognize my milk bottle candles. There was no need to get rid of them since they went perfectly well with the milk jug! I added some shabby chic clothespins for a touch of color. I had purchased those about a month or two ago from Michael’s, but you can still find them there.

Adding flowers to the mantel was an obvious choice! It’s a spring mantel after all! There’s the obvious flowers in the fabric vases I made, but there were the little touches of flowers I included on the bird cage, the doily art frame, and let’s not forget my little fake embroidered birdy! I embellished it’s frame with a fabric flower and used a vintage button for it’s center.

I had some fun playing the word game as well…”Home” and “Family”, “Love” and “Faith”. Each word followed the next thoughtfully, as well as the font chosen for each word. There were other words and phrases thrown in there as well: “Grow”, “Fly”, “Be Inspired” and “Inspire Others”. Can you decipher the message being sent? :D

Now, go ahead, tell me what you think! :D I hope ya’ll liked it and found a little bit of inspiration!

Thanks for coming by to check out my spring mantel:) It feels like spring today where I am at, so it couldn’t have been a more perfect day for the reveal!

I’ll be sharing my mantel at these linky parties. Be sure to stop by because you are sure to find inspiration for your next project at these parties!

Oh…Happy Leap Year folks! :D

1. February 29, 2012  10:20 am by Creative Mind Reply

Amazing! What a perfect mental..I just Love the colors & theme! Superb :)
    MashaAllah you are so smart! Keep sharing more beauty :)

2. February 29, 2012  10:43 am by sahara Reply

FINALLY!!!! It came out even nicer than I imagined. So fun, so nice and definitely Springy!!

3. February 29, 2012  12:20 pm by esra Reply

i thuroughly enjoyed this!!!! the colors are so vibrant! love!

4. February 29, 2012  2:15 pm by Tara Reply

Gorgeous-love the yellow and blue!

5. February 29, 2012  8:25 pm by Bethany Reply

Love this! The colors are awesome! :)

6. February 29, 2012  9:51 pm by folkhavenkaren Reply

Looks great, Maysem! It looks sunshiny and happy. I was so pleased to see your shutters featured at one of the link parties. :-)

7. February 29, 2012  10:25 pm by Doreen Reply

Hi Maysem,
    Thanks for visiting my blog, Altered-Artworks, and saying hi. I love your blog, and am now following you. I really like your teal and yellow mantel. Teal and yellow are my fave colors (along with sage).

I hope your area was not affected by the tornado.

8. February 29, 2012  10:50 pm by Swirlygirl Dreams n Decor Reply

Really, really adorable! I, too, have a love for little brdies :) Looks like we have a lot of the same tastes. I'm now on the search for some little shutters! Newest follower here!

9. February 29, 2012  11:15 pm by Gabby Reply

Oh, this is so pretty! Love all of the bright yellows, and now I'm ready to go thrifting! Saw your post on ArtsyGirl Connection.

10. February 29, 2012  11:50 pm by Mindy Reply

This is really too cute! I love seeing your bird house along with your little birdie on your mantle. It fits in with the rest of your decorations for your mantles!!

11. March 1, 2012  4:00 am by ColleenB. Reply

Outstanding and the colors go so well together.

12. March 1, 2012  7:01 am by Stacey Reply

Love your mantel! I am definitely inspired! I must start my spring mantel tonight!!! All the things you have been working on look just lovely together! Thanks for linking up - feel free to put my new linky party button on your post so we can spead the word about the party!
    Thanks!
    Stacey :)

13. March 1, 2012  7:23 am by Megan Reply

Absolutely beautiful! I love those shutters. Megan

14. March 1, 2012  8:26 am by Maha Reply

Love your spring Mantel!

15. March 1, 2012  8:43 am by Stephanie Reply

All those pieces came together beautifully. The colors and the whimsical items are a perfect combination and put a smile on my face.

16. March 1, 2012  11:55 am by MsXpat Reply

Wow its beautiful! Thanks for your email. The display on your mantel truly gives a warm loving feeling. May your home always be blessed with love and happiness :0)

17. March 1, 2012  2:37 pm by okoraf Reply

I love your mantel. Mine still has snowmen on it. My oldest daughter told me that it needed an update.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

18. March 1, 2012  4:03 pm by Janny Reply

I really like how the yellow contrasts with the teal. I recently refinished a cabinet in yellow and I'm trying to find accent colors to put around it- teal might be the right fit. You don't mind if I steal your color choice, do you?

19. March 2, 2012  2:44 pm by thecapeonthecorner Reply

the turquoisey/teal and yellow combo are fabulous! perfect for spring. hmm...you're making me think it's time to de-snowflake my home.

20. March 2, 2012  3:24 pm by Natura-Nesters Reply

This is so cute! I love the shutters, and you did an amazing job mixing these colors!! I would love for you to stop by and link up to our Naturally-Nifty Party. (it closes tonight at midnight)

-Natural-nester

21. March 3, 2012  1:43 am by Jenn Reply

This looks fabulous all put together!! Can't quite figure out which one is my favorite but I love the new little birdhouse. Thanks so much for linking up again to The Creative Spark. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenn :)

22. March 3, 2012  9:06 pm by Bridget@MrsGreenJeans Reply

Can I have this for my house? Pretty please! It's so adorable, I love the colors and the decoration!!! Adorable! Thanks for sharing..I have to show this to my Mom she'd love it!

23. March 4, 2012  9:38 pm by Mindy Harris Reply

i ABSOLUTELY love this!! found u through april's link up! the yellow is so happy and fun & i love all the textures. great great job.
    hi from the kansas flatlands.
    xo

24. March 5, 2012  3:42 am by Tamara @ Etcetorize Reply

Everything looks great all together. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize!

25. March 5, 2012  7:47 am by Amy Reply

This is darling! I love the colours and the message. :) Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. I love yours and am following you now. :)

26. March 5, 2012  9:47 am by Ruth Reply

Awesome use of the shutters! was waiting to see what you'd do with them :o)

27. March 5, 2012  11:29 am by Jennie Larsen Reply

IN LOVE TOTALLY IN LOVE. I shared this on my COM-FB page. winks, jen

28. March 5, 2012  3:11 pm by Jill Reply

Wow, this is really beautiful. I love the colours!

29. March 5, 2012  5:19 pm by cherishedblissAshley Reply

Love this! I am a HUGE fan of those colors : ) I'd love for you to share over at my party that is going on now : )

30. March 5, 2012  10:08 pm by Sarah Reply

I love your mantel. I love its eclectisism (is that a word?) and the fact that it is grounded in common colors. Beautiful!

31. March 6, 2012  6:08 am by Mrs. Delightful Reply

Pretty mantel. I would love for you to stop by and Link up at my Link Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

32. March 6, 2012  6:34 am by Stacey Reply

Featured your lovely mantel today! Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

33. March 6, 2012  7:05 am by Tara Reply

I featured this on my blog today: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/03/features-and-winner.html
    Thanks so much for linking up.

34. March 6, 2012  12:59 pm by Carrie Reply

Great colors. I decided yesterday that it is about time to take down the winter mantel (even though it is going to snow for a couple more months) and now I need to gather pretty spring things.

35. March 6, 2012  2:07 pm by Jessica Reply

seriously. this. is. perfect.

i love every single thing. you're so talented. i'm obsessed with all things bird related, too. bird feeders, houses, and cages..all of it. the yellow cage is just adorable.

aw i love love love it. great job!
    stopping by from turquoise tuesday.
    hope you'll stop by my blog sometime. mybagofsunshine.blogspot

36. March 6, 2012  5:03 pm by Melissa Reply

I love the pops of yellow! I'm so ready for Spring! Thanks for linking up!

37. March 7, 2012  10:14 pm by Lauren Reply

Love, love, love! I so wish I had a mantle to decorate!

I would love it if you could link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/search/label/Link%20Party

38. March 8, 2012  9:10 am by Cathy@My1929Charmer Reply

Your mantel is so pretty. Love the shutter painted with teal, it just sparkles with sunshiny spring. I love the teal and yellow combo. Love the yellow doily in the frame, so very pretty. Love birds, you really are creative. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

39. March 8, 2012  1:00 pm by Rachel Reply

So pretty! I love the turquoise and yellow together. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.

40. March 8, 2012  6:06 pm by Val in the Rose Garden Reply

That's adorable! I love how bright and cheery it looks! I have to redo mine and found your inspiration. Just love the shutters! They are on my garage sale list for this summer. Hopefully I'll find some wonderful ones that are distressed just enough. Thanks for the inspiration!

Blessings,

Val

41. March 8, 2012  9:31 pm by Angie R Reply

Awesome Job!! I just adore that lil birdy!

Thanks for linking up at Create & Inspire!

Angie

42. March 10, 2012  4:23 am by polkadotpretties Reply

Thank you for linking up a fabulous project...

hope you will stop by and link up another great project..

Claire xoxo

43. March 10, 2012  12:18 pm by Tonia @The Gunny Sack Reply

Love this!! I wanted to let you know that I am featuring it today! Stop by to grab an "I Was Stuffed" button!

~Tonia

44. March 10, 2012  10:57 pm by Danielle Reply

I just wanted to let you know I featured you on Blissful and Domestic today. Stop and grab a button:>

45. March 11, 2012  6:28 am by Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. Reply

This is stunning! I love it! I am crushin' on that color combo too! Following via FB!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

46. Pingback : Who Was Stuffed In The Gunny Sack? Week #28 Features | One Media Squared

47. March 13, 2012  3:06 pm by Shannon Reply

LOVE IT! Have to say that is such a vibrant, zingy fun mantel =) Cute, cute, cute. So glad you linked up! Happy Spring.

48. March 13, 2012  8:00 pm by bj Reply

Awesome....I just love shutters and buy every one I can find. :)

49. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Rustic Fall Mantel

50. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Spring Mantel

Be Inspired, Inspire Others

Today I want to share with you some cute and creative Teacher Appreciation gifts from fellow bloggers. Get ready for some creativity folks! I was head over heals for Dixie Delig[...]

New Kid on the Block

Hi everyone! Newbie blogger here. Just a little about myself and why Ode to Inspiration. About 3 years ago I began my journey into the craft world, starting with cake decoratin[...]

Anthropologie Inspired Project

I love Anthropologie! Who doesn't?! How can you not?! Other than for the obvious reasons to love Anthropologie, another reason I love it so much is because it's filled with inspira[...]