Vintage Shutters Makeover

I’m ready to start decorating for spring! So this weekend down goes my winter stuff, and up with the spring. Is that too early? I love you winter, but I have plans for spring that I’m excited to get started on! I already have a wreath that I still love, so my focus will be my mantel. I found these neat shutters at the antique shop…

Wanna see what I did with them? It involves spray painting and stenciling…

I’m so in love with my new shutters! What do you think?

I made my word stencils with my handy dandy Silhouette. After spray painting the shutters, I painted on the words. I know I’ve said this before… I sure do love my Silhouette:D It’s a such a great tool to have around!

So that’s the first piece(s) to my mantel. I already started working on the second piece. You will have to wait for the next post to see it though:D

Have you started decorating for Spring?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up at these parties.

1. February 17, 2012  9:10 am by ColleenB. Reply

What an Awesome DIY project.
    Wish I where able to find shutters in my area. Great addition to any room

2. February 17, 2012  10:18 am by Melissa Reply

I love these! Can't wait for Spring and yard sale season so I can find some old shutters-- I see the cutest ideas to do with them!
    -Melissa

3. February 17, 2012  10:20 am by CREATIVE MIND Reply

very smart dear Maysem :) All the best..

4. February 17, 2012  1:38 pm by sahara Reply

Love the word choices and the font types. That shade of blue just screams spring. Can't wait to see the whole mantel put together!!!!

5. February 17, 2012  4:42 pm by diane Reply

Love the shutter idea and the stenciling.

6. February 17, 2012  5:00 pm by Maha Reply

Love the color! Love the words! Very creative!

7. February 17, 2012  7:36 pm by Esra Reply

Über cute!!! Thus Sillouhette seems so handy! Gives everything I've seen u do look so polished!

8. February 18, 2012  4:14 am by Ruth Reply

Brilliant!!! Will you be posting how you use them?

9. February 19, 2012  1:23 pm by Mindy Reply

Love that color!!! Also, the words at the top are perfect. thanks for sharing:)

10. February 19, 2012  2:51 pm by MiaB Reply

I'm in love with them too :) So beautiful!!! I love the color that you chose..thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. Hope to see you again next week.

~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

11. February 20, 2012  1:54 pm by Kim Reply

These are gorgeous! I love the new color! Visiting from COM.

12. February 21, 2012  1:01 pm by -mandy Reply

Love this thanks for sharing... I have a pair of shutters just like these sitting in the garage I've painted them but wasn't happy then decided to let them sit! Now that's a great idea! Using this-awesome!

13. February 21, 2012  5:45 pm by Sara Reply

My VERY favorite color!! Hope you can link this up at my turquoise lovin' party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/02/turquoise-lovin-26.html

14. February 21, 2012  8:19 pm by dottie Reply

Adorable! Great job!

15. February 21, 2012  11:49 pm by Janny Reply

I love the words you put at the top of the shutters. It really finishes it off! I've been wanting to paint some shutters to decorate our house, but I haven't found any that are cheap enough. I better keep lookin'

16. February 22, 2012  10:02 am by Alison Reply

Such a great idea! This would be a nice way to hang pictures too!
    I'm definitely going to become a follower to keep an eye out for other great ideas!
    Please take a minute to check out my blog.. Bringingbeauty.blogspot.com -Thanks!

17. February 22, 2012  2:37 pm by Rachel Reply

I LOVE these! Great job. I like the color and the stenciling. I'd love for you to share this at my link party.

18. February 22, 2012  6:21 pm by Lori Reply

Love these shutters....the color is perfect.

19. February 22, 2012  7:16 pm by six sisters Reply

Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next Saturday to share more great ideas! -The Sisters

20. February 22, 2012  9:55 pm by Cathy@My1929Charmer Reply

Love the color you painted the shutter and the words you choose. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve, but I know it will be good. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

21. February 22, 2012  10:28 pm by Sarah Reply

I love anything turquoise - thanks for sharing at Dwell on Fridays!

22. February 23, 2012  8:38 am by Jennifer Reply

I love the color! where are you going to place these?

23. February 23, 2012  10:45 am by Sarah Shaffer Reply

I love the color of these and how you painted the word on top. So creative!

24. Pingback : Rustic, Recycled, And Chic Link Up #2 | Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor

25. February 25, 2012  5:51 am by Renee @ Rustic Crafts Reply

Thanks for linking this project up to my party! It was featured at this week's party - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=5569

26. February 26, 2012  6:20 am by Stacey Reply

Great find! And yes, my spring decorating is about to begin! I have to work on my mantel this week! Love what you did and I am usre they will look darling in your decorating! Thanks for linking up and please be sure to come back next week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

27. February 27, 2012  5:32 pm by Macy Reply

Thanks for linking up to last week's Tuesday Confessional. You've been featured so stop by and grab a brag button!
    ~Macy
    www.craftyconfessions.com

28. February 28, 2012  9:27 am by Katie Reply

I saw this on Sara's blog at Sweet Little Girls. I love the shutters! I want to do something like this for my wedding!

29. Pingback : Shutter Inspiration « Ode to Inspiration

30. Pingback : $100 Shutter Makeover « harvestmydesign

31. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Tea Time Spring Vignette

32. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Fall Decorating {Rustic & Natural Elements}