Ruffles & Flowers Pillows

Suraya’s pillows are done! I think they turned out cute! Suraya thought so too!

I mixed them up with ruffles and flowers working with fabric I already had on hand. I’m going with the purple, aqua, and pink color scheme, so these three fabrics couldn’t have been more perfect! If you recall, I did tell you I have a “fabric shop” in my house… well that’s what my hubby calls it:) I have an addiction to fabric (as if I’m alone on this one… ha!), I see fabric I like I buy it. But since I’ve set my new rule I told you about in this post, I’ve been good. Again, it is not easy folks!! Anyway, back to the pillows…

For the fabric that I used for the largest pillow, I had enough fabric to make the cover and only three ruffles. I couldn’t decide if I should put the ruffles off to one side or center them, but I opted for the one side. What do you guys think? Unlike the ruffled pillows I shared in this post, I did machine sew the ruffles on this time since I was starting from scratch for the cover. Boy did I zoom right through these pillows!

For this pillow I did want to bring in the aqua and pink so I did it with aqua rosettes and pink gem stones. I initially had planned on making three rosettes, but I only had two pink gem stones. I think I do like it better with two anyway.

I went with circle flowers for this pillow. I wanted to keep it simple and whimsy. I did sew each circle on in two’s except for the last circle. I hand stitched the last one with embroidery thread in the center. I used the same aqua fabric I used for the rosettes for the alternating circles to help the flowers pop.

Monogram done… pillows done! Now on to the next project for Suraya’s room..ehem, I mean side of the room! Oh, in case you’re wondering about Susu’s side of the room.. well she wants to do it herself:)

Linking up here.

1. April 18, 2012  9:29 am by ColleenB. Reply

They R Gorgerous and go so well together.
    They really look nice on her bed as well.

2. April 18, 2012  9:37 am by Maha Reply

Very nice color scheme. I wish I had a designer for a step mom!

3. April 18, 2012  9:55 am by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

Maysem....I love the colors...they are so happy....your pillows are so adorable

4. April 18, 2012  10:16 am by Amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com Reply

What bright and fun fabric. I love the pillows and all the flowers you added. Suraya must be thrilled with each project you complete for her side of the room :)

5. April 18, 2012  2:21 pm by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

Such perfect fabrics... and a great result! I especially like the whimsical pillow with the circle flowers. Suraya must be so very pleased!

Does Susu also have a specific color scheme? Are the two girls' styles similar or vey different?

6. April 19, 2012  8:25 am by Jenny Reply

I love the colors and rosettes. I saw you linked up at Made in a Day and had to stop over. Your pillows stood out at the link party. I'd love it if you'd share these at my link party going on now at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/04/whimsy-wednesdays-7.html

7. April 19, 2012  4:17 pm by Claudine Reply

I love this pillows!!! You are so creative!!!
    I also loved the frame with "S" above the bed, too!!!

8. April 19, 2012  8:37 pm by LisaAnn Reply

Love the pillows! That ruffle one is so pretty! All of them are!

9. April 20, 2012  8:52 am by Laura Reply

These are darling. I wish I could sew. One day, maybe.

Visiting from The Shabby Nest Linky Party, hope you'll stop by my blog too. :)

Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

10. April 20, 2012  4:28 pm by Michelle Reply

Hi,

I followed you over from Wow Me Wednesday and I absolutely love these pillows. The fabric is amazing!

I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

Have a great day,
    Michelle

11. April 20, 2012  8:24 pm by Roxanne Reinhart Reply

Visiting from Blog Stalker Thursdays. I love your pillows. I would so use them in my own room. :) I think the ruffles just on one side is very cfute. i love the colors, the fabric, the ruffles, the roses, the stones - although I think a stoneless rose would work with the two stoned ones, Love the framed monogram too - so whimsical!! Sure do wish I could sew.

12. April 21, 2012  6:32 pm by melissa Reply

Beautiful pillows! So creative!!! I love the colors. I have 3 girls, so these are the colors that we live with in our house :)

13. April 23, 2012  12:28 pm by Stacey Reply

Very pretty for spring - great colors!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
    So happy you were here!
    Stacey

14. April 24, 2012  7:33 am by Rose Reply

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
    Rose
    @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

15. April 24, 2012  1:16 pm by Nancy Reply

They turned out really nicely! What a lucky little girl to have such a great room!

16. April 26, 2012  7:55 pm by Four Sisters Reply

These are so cute and colorful, and they look great with Suraya's letter S! Thanks for sharing at Beautify it Monday, we hope you'll be back next week!

17. April 26, 2012  9:18 pm by six sisters Reply

We love the ruffled pillow! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

18. May 24, 2012  7:54 am by aderberryhill Reply

Thanks for linking up to make the Scene Monday...you are being featured later today!

19. Pingback : Art Supply Center « Ode to Inspiration

My New Toy (& Giveaway Winner)

Yup, I sure did get a new toy!  And I'm so excited for it!! It's a serger! I played around with it for a bit before getting started. It wasn't as bad as I expected it would b[...]

Another Vintage Sewing Machine!

Can I say that I have some really awesome friends? I really do!! Just check out what one of my friends gave me... Yup! A vintage Singer sewing machine. She sure knows the wa[...]

Another Skirt!

Am I being a chicken for not taking more risks with sewing? Or is it okay to continue to depend on pre-made patterns? I'm, in particular, referring to clothing. I've made a couple [...]