Be Inspired, Inspire Others [Mother's Day Ideas]

Does everyone know what they are doing for their moms on Mother’s Day? I’m still trying to figure out what I’m doing for my mom… but I do have some ideas. I know I don’t have much time so I better get moving! In case you are in the same boat as I am, here are some ideas I found around the web that I thought are adorable.

Ruffles & Stuff shares with us a silhouette chalkboard. I thought this was a very unique idea! It can be used as a “to do” list, shopping list, or just to leave random notes. Adorable, don’t you think! Stop by Ruffles & Stuff to get the how to!

Another unique idea… A embroidered handprints pillow made by Cakies. I’ve seen handprint projects of all kinds with cement and paint, but never thought of embroidering handprints. I’m really loving this idea!

Here’s another cute handprint idea. This one is from Christina’s Adventures. I’m a sucker for anything made with mason jars, so of course this one got my attention. This is something that the kiddies will enjoy making. Idea: Have each child make a jar and place them in a crate as part of the presentation. Personalize the crate or leave it as is. If you have only one kid, just have him/her make two; a handprint of each hand. It’ll still look cute with two jars!

Last but not least are cookies by the Decorated Cookie. I always think you really can’t go wrong with edible gifts (and personally are my fave!). However, these are no ordinary cookies… they are personalized cookies with things that Mom likes… her interests and hobbies. Love this idea! Also, another fun project to do with the kiddies.

I hope you found inspiration in these amazing ideas. Thanks ladies for all the inspiration!

Don’t forget, you can also find some fun and beautiful gifts at TLC Creations by Mindie May. As I mentioned in the previous post, Mindie is generously offering Ode to Inspiration readers a 25% discount that is good until Mother’s Day. Enter code IHEART MOM.

1. May 8, 2012  9:26 am by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

So many cute ideas. The one that really grabs me is the handprint on the jar. It looks like the child is continually clasping the flower and offering it up to Mama! So adorable!

2. May 8, 2012  10:33 am by ColleenB. Reply

Such wonderful ideas
    My mom had passed away a couple years ago, but for myself, I'll probably be working outside working in my flower beds,pulling weeds cleaning and trimming my iris beds.

3. May 8, 2012  5:30 pm by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

Great ideas Maysem!!

4. May 8, 2012  9:18 pm by JaneEllen Jones Reply

Cookies, yeah. No I really shouldn't lol. Cute ideas. Love the jars.
    Are you busy making Mother's Day cards, etc. for all the Mom's you know? My Mom has been gone since 97 but I do send cards to friends that are Mom's.
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU MAYSEM

5. May 8, 2012  11:57 pm by Angie Q Reply

These are all lovely ideas. I really like the hand print jars, but my kids are grown! I am tucking the idea away to do with grandchildren one day.

(Stopping by from SITS Spring Fling!)

6. May 9, 2012  1:03 am by Kooki Reply

Hopping on over here from SITS Spring Fling! I am always amazed by other people's ability to focus on a craft project long enough to finish it. I lives a few oceans away from my mom, so it's just a phone call from me. But the day before Mother's Day so I can get to her before she's tired from talking to all my siblings : )

7. May 9, 2012  7:28 am by Tonya Reply

Visiting from SITS Spring Fling - cute ideas!

8. May 10, 2012  8:07 am by christinasadventures Reply

THANK YOU so much for featuring my handprint jars!! I really appreciate the mention! :) Awesome other ideas as well! :)

9. Pingback : 20 of the Cutest Homemade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas