4th of July Cake Pops

I can’t believe how fast June has flown by! I didn’t realize June was almost over until yesterday as I was thinking about 4th of July… it’s next week!! Yikes! So before it’s too late, I wanted to share with you some treats that I have planned for that day. Treats that can be enjoyed while watching the fireworks show. Cake pops dressed up in red, white and blue!

I’m not a big fan of the colored chocolate disks found at craft stores, so I always use almond bark in white chocolate or milk chocolate. In order to not sacrifice flavor, my new favorite way of bringing in color schemes is with paper straws. I love striped paper straws!

Other than stripes, of course the cake pops needed some stars! I used jumbo star sprinkles which I already had on hand. I didn’t have enough red and blue stars, so I finished off the rest of the cake pops with red and blue sanding sugar.

Cute, simple, and yummy!

What do you have planned for 4th of July?

Sharing my 4th of July cake pops over HERE.

1. June 29, 2012  9:28 am by ColleenB. Reply

They look Wonderful.Just can't believe that June is almost over.
    Neighbors have already been shooting off fireworks here and not to smart being as dry as it is.

2. June 29, 2012  10:04 am by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

Love the paper straws! So attractive, and I bet they are delicious! My SIL will be in town with her daughter so we will be enjoying family gatherings and activities starting this weekend until they leave after the fourth.

3. June 29, 2012  12:11 pm by Holly Reply

Thanks for stopping by A Baker's House today. I think these cake pops are adorable! I have it in mind to make some cake pops for a 4th of July BBQ and your idea hopefully will inspire me to get moving and make them!

4. June 29, 2012  6:28 pm by Amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com Reply

These are so well done. I adore everything about them. Putting them on the straws was brilliant. I am totally going to be pinning these :)

5. Pingback : 21 Fourth of July Ideas -- party ideas, recipes, printables, decor and more!

6. June 30, 2012  4:36 am by keri @ shaken together Reply

I could be obsessed with paper straws and I LOVE that you used them for your cake pops .. too cute!! Would you stop by and share these at my patriotic link party?!

7. June 30, 2012  1:06 pm by lindyharnarain Reply

These are beautiful! I hope you'll add this to my Patriotic Project Parade going on through July 4th.

8. July 2, 2012  9:38 am by K. Whitaker Reply

Where did you get the straws? I want to make these with my kids. Thanks for posting this!!

9. July 2, 2012  10:27 am by Carla Reply

Why did I not think of this?? lol. Great idea - thanks for the inspiration!! Found you on Sumo's Sweet Stuff this morning!
    Have a great 4th!
    Carla

10. July 2, 2012  11:47 am by thegrantlife Reply

I agree.. I dont like the discs either. I love the bark.. it really is delish! And I love these. I need to make some for Wednesday!

Ps.. Im featuring these tomorrow at my fourth of July roundup! :)

11. July 3, 2012  12:42 pm by Jodi Reply

These are absolutely adorable. I need to venture out and try cake pops.

12. July 3, 2012  3:44 pm by six sisters Reply

Cute cake pops!! The straws are awesome! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday! It was great having you and we hope you'll be back next week!! -The Sisters

13. July 5, 2012  8:25 am by Jerri Reply

Your pops look great! As always, thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

14. July 6, 2012  4:08 pm by Angie Ramirez Reply

Great pops! ;) Thanks for the inspiration

XO

15. Pingback : Fun with PAPER STRAWS – Kids Are From Pluto - Child World, Child Lifestyle, Child Products