Vintage Clutch Makeover

Remember the gold clutch I purchased from the Randolph Street Market Festival? I told you that if I do a makeover to it that I would share it. Well, here it is!

The new look I gave the clutch was actually accidental. I had purchased a vintage looking gold and ivory lace headband from Hobby Lobby, but it was too tight. Boy was I disappointed. Out of disappointment, I just tossed it on my craft table. It happened to land directly on my new gold clutch! As I glanced over and did a second take, I knew exactly how I would do the makeover for the clutch!

I gathered up some buttons and a chain that I thought I may possibly use as part of the makeover.

I removed the elastic from the back of the lace and tucked the ends in and hot glued them down. Then picked out buttons that I thought looked the best and hot glued them on.

Lastly, I switched out the old dinky chain with one I had left over from a bracelet I had made Susu once upon a time.

Makeover complete! I love the new look of my new clutch! What do you guys think of it?

I surely will be using this for this weekend’s wedding! Yup, the wedding I’ve been preparing for has finally arrived. The girls are so excited… they’ve been counting down the days! I really don’t think anyone is more excited than they are! As for me, I’m not into the whole wedding scene, but I sure am excited to be using my new clutch;)

Come find my new clutch over at the linky parties found HERE.

1. June 15, 2012  9:56 am by ColleenB. Reply

Sorry I hadn't commented in awhile. You must had thought I fell off the face of the earth.......just been busy.
    My goodness, that clutch looks Awesome. You really made a Big improvement. Great job

2. June 15, 2012  11:56 am by Creative Mind Reply

Amazing dear Meysam :) this is so beautiful..I have to work on a few of my used old clutches!! Really :)

3. June 15, 2012  12:38 pm by Jenan Mohajir Reply

love it!

4. June 15, 2012  1:30 pm by Maha Reply

Phenomenal!!!

5. June 15, 2012  9:15 pm by sahara Reply

MAyse!!! I love it!!! you never cease to amaze me, you and your craftiness :)

6. June 15, 2012  10:45 pm by Hani Shabbir Reply

Now that looks like a precious boutique clutch.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party! Have a great weekend!

7. June 16, 2012  1:56 am by JaneEllen Jones Reply

Very nice, very sophisticated, not too much which is perfect for a gold clutch. Love, love it. Very glad you shared this incredible clutch. You'll have us all looking for gold clutches now with lace headbands. Good save girl.
    I haven't heard from you for a few days. Have a great time at the wedding.

8. June 16, 2012  12:20 pm by Debi Bolocofsky Reply

This is so cute. I was wondering if you would link it in my Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link:

I would love to have anything that you would like to link.
    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    Adorned From Above

9. June 18, 2012  8:33 pm by six sisters Reply

Well done - impressive! Thanks for sharing on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you come back next week. -The Sisters

10. June 19, 2012  11:47 am by A Lapin Life Reply

Your clutch turned out beautiful!

Dee

11. June 22, 2012  3:58 pm by Angie Ramirez Reply

That is so cute!! Now I wish I had one clutch like yours!