Garden Theme Dessert Table

Yay! The day has finally come that I share Sofia’s dessert table… her little garden!

Miss Sofia is Daniel and Gabriel’s little sister. She is one now. Happy Birthday little bug!

Where is little bug off to? Ah, she’s off to check out her little garden and she’s inviting you to join her! So come along!

Welcome to Sofia’s garden!

Where you will find all sorts of flowers….

Fluttering butterflies…

Some caterpillars too!

Enjoy all sorts of berries and some pink lemonade.

Just be sure to watch out for that bucket of worms that are mm mm good! :P

Later on, you just might find a bucket of mud right next to the bucket of worms. Don’t let them fool you for they are full of chocolaty goodness!

Stay a while and enjoy yourself, I promise you little bug Sofia won’t mind a bit!

I hope Sofia’s dessert table was worth the wait! I’ve already shared with you the pennant garland along with the how to. If you want to know a little bit more about the table, read on!

The purple card stock butterflies were made with my Silhouette. I can’t stop telling you how handy that machine is!

The sugar cookie butterflies were baked by me and decorated with the help of my SIL (Sofia’s mommy).

On top of the yellow striped treat bags in the center are little gifts that were part of the favors for the kiddies. The girls received fabric flower hair clips which were made by Susu. The boys received wooden magnet caterpillars. I had bought the caterpillars from Hobby Lobby and just added magnets on the back.

The tablecloth, runner and background are just fabric that were used as as is… No sewing or cutting involved!

The fresh flowers I found at Trader Joe’s that morning… weren’t they just perfect for the table?

Wanna know a secret about the “milk” bottles? They are the Starbucks frappuccino bottles! I got this brilliant idea from One Thrifty Chic‘s adorable vintage cupcake party. I made sure to drink at least two a day to get them ready for the party!

And you might be wondering about the bucket of “mud”. Those are Brazilian truffles. My SIL is half Brazilian. It’s tradition not only in her family, but in Brazil in general to serve them at every party.

Cake and cupcakes were made by me. (Check out this post for the how to make your own fondant ribbon roses.) Keeping it simple for the kiddies… vanilla and chocolate were the flavor options for the cupcakes. The cake, on the other hand, was especially made just for Sofia! It was a strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese filling. I had come across this amazing recipe over at Bird On A Cake. I am known to be anti-box cakes (it’s ok if you are into them though;)), but this one is a doctored recipe. For a long time I’ve been searching for a from scratch strawberry cake and just have not been pleased with any yet. This doctored recipe scored big! It’s mm mm mm mm etc mm’s delish! Be sure to give it a try! ;)

I hope you enjoyed Sofia’s little garden!

1. August 1, 2012  9:11 am by ColleenB. Reply

WOW! Dessert table is Awesome.
    You done such a fantastic job.
    If only you lived closer, you would be hired

2. August 1, 2012  9:27 am by raana Reply

This table is soooo cute mashaAllah!! I love everything on the it. Well made and the layout is perfect. Well done!! Can't wait to see more :)
    Best wishes!

3. August 1, 2012  9:31 am by Amy of While Wearing Heels Reply

You did a BEAUTIFUL job. No detail was spared. I love that Susu made hair clips for the girls. I love everything about this fun table. This is the kind of garden I could enjoy :)

4. August 1, 2012  9:42 am by CB Reply

Beautiful! And that cake recipe looks amazing!

5. August 1, 2012  10:01 am by Laurie Reply

That is awesome!

6. August 1, 2012  10:01 am by StayAtHomeSci Reply

Wow, that is just beautiful! What a wonderful idea and a brilliant execution!

7. August 1, 2012  10:57 am by esra Reply

you are amazing! this looks perfect!

8. August 1, 2012  12:17 pm by muna Reply

Happy bday to Sophia,,,she is sooo adorable mash'allah!!! Your setup was very creative and everything looked too good to eat! good job!

9. August 1, 2012  2:03 pm by Aziza Reply

Happy Birthday to Princess Sofia! What a lucky 1 year old she is to have had such a beautiful cake and table!!!! This blew me away! I love, love, love, love, love it!!!!!!

10. August 1, 2012  2:19 pm by Alia Reply

What beautiful and creative work!!!!! Great job!!! All looks super delish!!

11. August 1, 2012  4:55 pm by Hani Reply

I love love and love everything about the garden theme you have created. This is so beautiful. I love your cute little girl's smiling face. :)

12. August 1, 2012  7:00 pm by Violet Reply

Inspirational! Loved the bright colors for this theme!

13. August 2, 2012  3:42 am by Trish Reply

Wow, that looks awesome! you wouldn't want to eat any of it, it all looks sooo perfect! :)) I stumbled across your link in the Shabby creek cottage. You might be interested in my babushka cup cakes?!
    Check them out here:

If you are able to leave a comment on my blog somewhere I would be most grateful thanks!!
    cheers
    Trish xx

14. August 2, 2012  10:54 am by Leila Reply

wow!!!! love it! it's so cute and colourful and just beautiful. Awesome job!

15. August 3, 2012  1:55 pm by Christine Reply

LOVE this party theme!! You did such a FABULOUS job!! LOVE the cake!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

16. August 5, 2012  4:04 pm by Saima Reply

This is absolutely gorgeous!

17. August 5, 2012  11:37 pm by Saima Reply

Opps... realized I mistyped my website. Just fixed it :)

18. August 9, 2012  8:30 am by Emily Reply

This is such a pretty party!! I love all the fun and colorful details. I bet Sofia had a blast! :)

I've pinned to my parties board!

19. August 10, 2012  3:05 pm by Cheryl@ Sew Can Do Reply

Love the happy colors and cute grass trim on that cake. Fantastic job! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

20. August 10, 2012  3:34 pm by Angie Reply

OH my gosh.. so cute!! You have some great TALENT!

LOVE IT

21. Pingback : Sundae Scoop Top 20 - I Heart Nap Time

22. August 11, 2012  9:53 am by jennifer@heylittlemother.com Reply

What an inspirational party! Every detail is perfection. I know my little girl would love a similar theme. Thanks so much for sharing all your special touches!

23. August 12, 2012  9:10 am by Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch Reply

This is adorable. My girls would love this!! I would love for you to link up to my linky party at The Mandatory Mooch. Still open for another day!!

Thanks, Nichi

24. August 13, 2012  8:12 am by Cheryl@ Sew Can Do Reply

I've featured your lovely party at this week's Craftastic Monday party. Stop by & grab a Featured On button for your great work. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

25. September 12, 2012  2:05 pm by Jennifer Reply

What a beautiful party! You go Mama! I would love to feature this on my new party blog. It's a place for mom's to share party inspiration. If your interested please email me at missmaggiesplace(at)yahoo.com

Eid Giveaway

Ramadan is almost over and Eid is fast approaching. Usually I'm on top of it when it comes to the Eid gifts, treats, decorating, etc. I admit I have been procrastinating a bit this[...]

Cupcake Baking & Decorating

Suraya and I joined our friends Veronica, Victoria, and Valerie (yup, that's 3 V's!) for some baking fun... and of course decorating! Meet our little bakers [slash] decorators..[...]

Wedding Cake & Fried Green Tomatoes

I've been busy preparing for my first wedding cake order which is for this weekend. Eek! Excitement! Want a sneak peek? I guess just a little peek won't hurt;) Don't worry, [...]