Vintage Inspired Gauchos

It’s no secret that I love anything vintage and anything vintage inspired. A few months ago, I had received vintage style fabric as a gift from a dear friend of mine… a friend that apparently knows me well enough to even think of buying me fabric as a gift! I should add that this friend does not sew but knows good fabric when she sees it. She sent it all the way from Dubai, so it definitely wasn’t your ordinary gift! Fabric, vintage, and traveled a long way.. of course I just had to make something special with it and for a special occasion! The lucky recipient: Suraya! The occasion: Eid! Using the Lilou’s Market Day Gaucho’s Pattern by Pink Fig that I used for the gauchos I made my niece, I made Suraya vintage inspired gauchos for her Eid outfit.

I have made it a tradition to make Susu and Suraya’s Eid outfits. I do enjoy making them their outfits and both girls look forward to wearing them. Makes it just a bit more special for me… oh yeah, and the girls too! :P

The gauchos are made out of four tiers. The third and fourth tier are the fabrics that I received from my friend. The first tier I had purchased a couple years ago for no other reason than I just loved it.. and of course it looked vintage! The second tier fabric I had purchased back in the spring from a textile outlet in Chicago (my candy store!). I had different plans for that fabric, but those plans had to be slightly disrupted for the sake of these gauchos. It was too perfect not to use!

I have a thing for lace. Not that surprising, right? ;) I have quite a collection of lace… lace of all kinds. Majority of it is from the the textile outlet. Like I said, my candy store! Hehe. What makes these gauchos even more special to me is the ivory lace with the olive green accent. That’s an actual vintage lace that I found at a vintage shop a couple months ago. I had no actual plans for the lace at that time but I guess they were just destined to be a part of these gauchos! I thought it made the perfect embellishment for the gauchos…. well almost perfect. I didn’t have enough for both legs but still opted to add it to one. I was hesitant at first but went for it anyway… and I’m so glad I did! Gives the gauchos more character! The not so perfect turned out to be just perfect after all!

The ruffled pink top I did purchase except I added the peach colored lace and lace rosette. I added the peach lace to help bring in the peachy pink color of the third tier fabric.

I think Suraya was quite pleased with her vintage inspired outfit, as was I! I hope you the rest of you were as well. :)

I will be sharing Susu’s Eid outfit in the next post, so come back to check it out!

1. August 22, 2012  9:16 am by Amy of While Wearing Heels Reply

Maysem, is there anything you can't sew? These look adorable. I can't wait to see the Eid outfits. I have no idea what those are, so I can't wait to learn.

2. August 22, 2012  9:33 am by Aziza Reply

OK, I'm blown away by you once again!!! Beautiful outfit!!! First of all the pattern that you put together with the perfect coordinating lace is gorgeous!!! Not to mention your model is precious ;)

3. August 22, 2012  10:05 am by Dina Reply

Beautiful!

4. August 22, 2012  11:24 am by MsXpat Reply

Wow, now that's a wicked trouser. Very pretty.

5. August 22, 2012  11:38 am by Salwa Reply

Ure just amaZing!

6. August 22, 2012  12:18 pm by Hani Reply

this is so cute.. Love the ruffles and cuteness..

7. August 22, 2012  12:24 pm by Becca Reply

How CUTE! Those must have been fun to sew! Found you via From Dream to Reality.

8. August 22, 2012  2:51 pm by Maha Reply

Maysem the gauchos and shirt came together beautifully! Good job!

9. August 23, 2012  6:39 pm by ColleenB. Reply

Oh, she looks adorable in her new sewn outfit.
    The fabric is gorgeous as well. Love them prints

10. August 24, 2012  12:41 am by CB Reply

The outfit is beyond amazing. Lucky girls :)

11. Pingback : Retro Inspired Patchwork Dress – Ode to Inspiration

12. August 25, 2012  11:07 am by blissfulsewing Reply

Wow...........!!!Love the pattern & color,thanks for sharing.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

13. August 25, 2012  11:44 am by stacysewsandschools Reply

I just wanted to pop in and say that my Pink Fig patterns arrived today!!!! YAY!! THANK YOU again for such a great giveaway!!! :)

14. August 27, 2012  2:08 pm by Christine Reply

Oh so pretty! Love the colors and patterns!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

15. August 27, 2012  7:55 pm by Athena Reply

I love these. They are awesome. I have not heard the term Gouchos in years! I used to have some and they were my favorite - of course they were vintage even back then. I definitely need to make my daughter some now that you made me feel nostalgic! Have a terrific week - Athena from thestuffofsuccess.com

16. Pingback : Made U Look Linky #39! –

17. August 30, 2012  8:50 pm by Foy Update Reply

Love it! Actually I love her haircut with the cute bow in it! I can't wait until my little girl has enough hair to do that.

We'd love to have you participate in our new Eat Make Grow blog hop:

We are always looking for bloggers with great content!

Foy

18. April 26, 2013  3:50 pm by gwstb Reply

Do these come in big girl sizes? I want a pair myself! :)