No Sew, No Glue Pumpkin

I have a confession to make… I have an obsession with pumpkins. I just love pumpkins and could never get enough of them! They are so stinkin’ cute! Pumpkins are definitely one of my favorite things about the fall and a must have in my decorating. Tell me, can you really have fall decorating without some pumpkins involved? I think not! I do have quite a few pumpkins around my house, with a few more to come;) I made a new one to add to my collection… one that involves no sewing and no glueing.

Yup, you read that right. No sewing and no glueing involved in the making of this pumpkin. Let me show you how!

Grab the following supplies: styrofoam ball or polyfiber fill – fabric – burlap – big button – jute or twine – piece of tree branch – embroidery thread and needle. Also grab scissors and a knife.

For your fabric, you will need three times the size of your styrofoam ball. For example, my styrofoam ball was about 5″ so my fabric was about 15″ squared.

Don’t stress over the embroidery needle. I promise there is no sewing involved. :)

Step 1. Trim off the bottom of the styrofoam fall. Then insert the branch into the styrofoam. If using polyfiber fill, insert branch upon gathering fabric in step 3.

Step 2. Round off the corners of the fabric to create somewhat of a circle. No need for accuracy here. Place the styrofoam ball in the center of the wrong side of the fabric. If using polyfiber fill, add weight [like beans] to balance the pumpkin.

Step 3. Gather the fabric around the branch and wrap the jute about three times around the fabric and tie off. Separate the strands of the jute. Trim off the access fabric surrounding the branch.

Step 4. Cut out leaf shapes out of the burlap, and attach them to the button with the embroidery thread. This is where you will need the needle to help you thread the leaves and button together. See, no sewing. :D

Take the threaded leaves and button and tie them onto your pumpkin underneath the jute. Knot the thread off and trim.

That’s it! Your no sew, no glue pumpkin is all done! Make as many as you want and fill your house with pumpkin love!

1. September 24, 2012  9:29 am by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

Simple and adorable. What a great tutorial. Easy project with a big impact. Really well done!

2. September 24, 2012  10:10 am by Cheryl Reply

I just bought some fall-ish flowers yesterday to get into the season. Adding some fabric pumpkins sounds wonderful.

3. September 24, 2012  1:32 pm by ColleenB. Reply

What a cute and clever pumpkin idea and no chance of the pumpkin spoiling

4. September 24, 2012  5:55 pm by Angie Reply

This is lovely! I found you on Pintastic Monday and am pinning this in just a moment :) I would love it if you would consider sharing at my first ever Halloween linky party :)

Thanks for sharing!

5. September 24, 2012  7:42 pm by Linda Reply

I really like your fabric pumpkin! I am into making fabric pumpkins myself right now, too. My sister and I are having a PUMPKIN PARTY at our blog and we'd love to have you come over and link up your no sew pumpkin (mine are sewn - a little). This is a nice addition to our party and resource for all things pumpkin. If you do a recipe at some point you can come back and link that up, too. Thanks, Linda

6. September 24, 2012  9:24 pm by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

Cute! Love the burlap leaves. I really like pumpkins too. I was making a pair of orange baby pants today and was considering adding a cute pumpkin decoration on the bum... then I realized the baby would be wearing these next March or April and I might not feel so enchanted with the pumpkin motif then as I do now!

7. September 25, 2012  6:29 am by Megan Reply

Beautiful job! I love it the button.

8. September 25, 2012  6:20 pm by Carrie Reply

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

9. September 25, 2012  8:40 pm by Jodie Fitz Reply

Love it! Stopping by from Whimsy Wednesday's link up ~ Jodie @ www.jodiefitz.com

10. Pingback : No Sew, No Glue Pumpkin – Ode to Inspiration · Indie Crafts | CraftGossip.com

11. September 27, 2012  12:06 am by Anna Reply

i like the idea! will definitely make one or two of Halloween!!!thanks for sharing.

12. September 27, 2012  8:23 am by Gil Crews Reply

I found you on CraftGossip...and just posted your instructions on my blog http://craftycatscorner.blogspot.com/ . Way CUTE! I am so going to make some of these.

13. September 27, 2012  12:58 pm by Linda Reply

You came and hooked up to our PUMPKIN PARTY~~ YAY!!! Come again and link up anything for Fall. You're the best. Linda

14. September 27, 2012  1:04 pm by Linda Reply

Cute and clever! Thanks for the lovely compliment you left on my blog. Linda

15. September 27, 2012  9:27 pm by buggalcrafts Reply

Love this! It is so cute! Now I just have to find some orange fabric and I can make one. I made a cute pumpkin using burlap that u can glue on a card or use on a seasonal tree.

16. September 29, 2012  8:10 am by Patricia Reply

I've been searching for a simple pumpkin craft for my daughter's book club to do together. This might be just the thing. Thanks for the idea!

17. October 1, 2012  2:37 pm by Heidi Reply

Adorable and easy. Perfect combination. My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

18. October 2, 2012  9:48 am by danandmariel Reply

Nice, I love easy crafts! And, these are so cute for fall! I would love to have you stop by 'Or so she says...' and share your great ideas at the Saturday link party (runs until Tuesday night...tonight!) I hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

19. Pingback : Una zucca per Halloween « Monica e lo Scrapbooking

20. Pingback : 30 Cute Pumpkins - Craftionary

21. August 7, 2014  4:41 pm by ishouldbemoppingthefloor Reply

This is such a great tutorial! Adorable!