Rustic Fall Mantel

Oh boy was I excited to start decorating for my favorite time of the year… FALL! Last week, up went my fall wreath full of turquoise pumpkins, and this past weekend I put together my fall mantel that I am excited to share with you all! I shared the main center piece of the mantel with you in the last post… my falling leaves rustic window. It was sitting up on the mantel feeling a bit lonely, but that was only temporarily for the other decorative components have arrived!

All the other components I already had on hand, some of which you may recognize. I wanted to keep in with the fall colors but with an added hint of teal.

The primitive pumpkin patch is no stranger. I shared it with you last fall. You can read all about it here. My milk bottle candles have made an appearance here and there. I had purchased them from a craft fair last summer and love keeping them around!

This teal jar I had purchased about a month or so ago from the World Market. I had seen it on It’s Overflowing with Creativity and I was sold! Jar+Teal = Vintage = L-O-V-E. And for $2.99, why not! So I bought two..hehe. Hey, it came in handy as part of the hint of teal!

The glittered gourds are also from last fall. I had used them in my table centerpiece. You can see the simple how to in this post along with the making of the jute tin. I was so obsessed with glitter blasting everything last  year… couldn’t get enough of it! :D

Meet Jack! He’s been a part of the family for a few years. I couldn’t resist that sweet smile and just had to include him as part of my fall mantel. :D I think he’s just perfect where he sits!

With fall comes sweet nostalgia… A nostalgia I wanted to capture with my mantel. I hope I was able to achieve that for others as it has for me.

Let me know what you think. :)

1. September 19, 2012  9:26 am by sahara Reply

I never met Jack before. next time I'm over you'll have to introduce us. :)

2. September 19, 2012  9:53 am by Aziza Reply

Very nice! Thank you for posting this, because I've been in somewhat of pickle trying to figure out what I should do with my mantel, but now I'm inspired!!! The thing I love most about your mantel is that it's personal, warm, and not stuffy, nor overly formal, but very chic :)

3. September 19, 2012  9:55 am by ColleenB. Reply

your mantel looks Fantastic and Jack is adorable.
    Done a great job.
    I haven't even dug out my fall decorations yet. They're still in storage.

4. September 19, 2012  11:37 am by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

Maysem...just love your mantel and I am sure your family does too....really love the jar...so cute!!!

5. September 19, 2012  12:53 pm by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

What a sweet post and sentiment. I think you did capture the nostalgia of fall and all the memories that go along with it. Your mantel looks lovely, filled with things homemade and that have meaning. Enjoy that beautifully decorated mantel and the joys of fall.

6. September 19, 2012  6:22 pm by CB Reply

I really love this. I saw your friend's window (on her blog) and thought it was the greatest idea. Where does one find a window? I would love to attempt something like this. Looks great!

7. September 20, 2012  10:24 am by Rebecca Reply

everything flows so well on your mantle! Still lovin' the window focal point! ♥

8. September 21, 2012  4:21 pm by Christine Reply

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your mantel!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

9. September 23, 2012  10:13 am by Dee Reply

That window with the vinyl is gorgeous! A show stopper! I love it all!
    So inspiring.
    Dee, from the CSI Project

10. September 24, 2012  2:03 pm by Sarah Reply

Where did you get your filler for your tinted jar? Such a cute mantel. If you get a chance come link up at my Pin Party.

• September 24, 2012  3:08 pm by Sarah Reply

Hmmm I'll have to look closer than at Michaels. I've been searching for something like this for a while.

11. September 25, 2012  12:39 am by Athena at Minerva's Garden Reply

Hi Maysem: This is such a beautiful fall mantel--I love the old window, and the touches of turquoise are such a fun look with the orange!

12. September 25, 2012  8:19 pm by Dawn Harmon Reply

I love this idea! I have a few old windows sitting around in my garage that I picked up at flea markets. This is such a creative idea for fall! You could even do snowflakes for winter!!! :)

13. Pingback : Pin’inspiration for you C: