All Doiled Up!

Pumpkins. I love pumpkins! As I declared in one of my previous posts, I have an obsession with pumpkins, so I sure was in pumpkin heaven when my family and I went on our pumpkin picking adventure! I picked out a pumpkin, and it’s been all doiled up for the season! Get it… doiled as in dolled..haha! Yeah, I am one to laugh at my own jokes. :P

I love doilies… I love lace.. and I love pumpkins, so why not combine them all into one? I used the doilies as stencils and lace to finish it off. Quite simple, isn’t it? Let me show you….

First, using masking tape and sticky dots, I placed the doilies onto my pumpkin. I wanted to keep my stem in it’s natural color so I covered it with aluminum foil.

Next, I sprayed my pumpkin with Krylon’s almond spray paint with multiple thin coats. I had almond spray paint on hand, but I think ivory or off white would be just as nice. When spray painting, I made sure to keep each coat thin to avoid runs going through the doilies. Also, I made sure to spray paint facing the front of each doily as opposed to the sides or top to ensure paint didn’t go under the doily… make sense?

Once dry, I removed the doilies. Voila! You have a doily stenciled pumpkin.

I decided to add a wooden tag to my pumpkin. I painted it teal, then stamped Hello Fall. Lastly I smudged some gold paint along the edges and slightly around the words.

I finished off my pumpkin with three different shades of teal lace, threading one of the lace through the tag.

There you have it… an all doiled up pumpkin! ;)

What do you all think?

Next post: Suraya’s pumpkin! I’m excited about sharing this one!

1. October 17, 2012  9:05 am by Maha Reply

I love your pumpkin! Very vintage!

2. October 17, 2012  9:21 am by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

That is one beautiful pumpkin. I love that the orange is the accent of the doily. Really well done and so sophisticated :)

3. October 17, 2012  9:56 am by Arod Reply

very cute love the look

4. October 17, 2012  12:10 pm by Esra Reply

Love this!

5. October 17, 2012  1:09 pm by ColleenB. Reply

Wonderful looking pumpkins. You will have the best looking pumpkins on the street.

6. October 17, 2012  4:21 pm by sahara Reply

I'm in love with everything....the pumpkin, the doilies, the lace and that tag....especially that tag...and I can't wait to see surayas pumpkin :)

7. October 18, 2012  9:20 am by Helen Reply

Love the fall with white pumpkins, too. Pretty artwork. Found you at 52 mantels blog hop. Thanks for sharing, Helen

8. October 19, 2012  7:31 am by SweetYarns Reply

Love this idea for decorating pumpkins. The two color contrast combined with the Teal ribbon is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

9. October 19, 2012  7:53 am by Dina Khalil Reply

So classy !

10. October 19, 2012  11:45 am by Nancy at maddalee Reply

Hi Maysem, what an adorable pumpkin, I'm your newest FB follower! Thank you so much for sharing.

Have a good day, Nancy

11. October 21, 2012  4:37 am by Polkadotpretties (@Polkadotprettie) Reply

Great project !

I would love you to come link up at my Craft, Create & Inspire linky party ..

Hope to see you there :)

Claire @ Polkadot pretties x

12. October 23, 2012  10:41 am by Christine Reply

I think you are AMAZING!!! This is STUNNING!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!
    I can't wait to see what you link up this evening!

13. Pingback : From Dream To Reality – Linky Party #39 | The D.I.Y. Dreamer

14. October 23, 2012  4:25 pm by Christine Reply

CONGRATS!!!! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Come on over and grab your featured button, you deserve it!

15. October 24, 2012  5:50 pm by Emily Reply

This is maybe the cutest pumpkin I've seen all season. I love love love it!!

I've pinned it!!

16. October 25, 2012  11:48 pm by Elise Reply

These are so cute! Saw you link up on some link parties. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop and added it to your list www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!