Take a Vote: Comics vs. Buttons

A few months ago Suraya had asked me if there is anything she can make out of some newspaper comic pages and comic book that were given to her. I told her there are quite a few things she can do with them so she should save them for a day when an idea pops in her head. On our way home from our pumpkin picking adventure last week, a light bulb went off for her… she asked me if she can cover her pumpkin with the comic pages. Of course you can is what I told her! As a matter of fact, I told her that that was a brilliant plan and I was quite proud of her idea. :)

So off to work Suraya went to make her comic pumpkin!

As this was Suraya’s idea, once I demonstrated with one strip how to work with Mod Podge, I let her do her thing. Also I did advise her that thinner strips will be easier to work with on a rounded surface. When it came to finishing it off, she did ask me to assist her but there wasn’t much to do… after the pumpkin was completely covered, together we quickly coated the pumpkin with a layer of Mod Podge. Once dry, Suraya’s pumpkin was done!

Suraya presents to you her comic pumpkin….

She was quite proud of her pumpkin as she should be! She couldn’t decide which pumpkin of her’s she likes better… this year’s or last year’s.

So she has asked me to take a vote. She would like to know which one of her pumpkins do you like better…

Last year’s buttons pumpkin or…

This year’s comic pumpkin.

She would like you to leave your votes in the comments below. :)

That’s a tough call as they are both pretty cool pumpkins… but I’m leaning towards the comic pumpkin. What do you think?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1. October 19, 2012  9:04 am by Jenan Mohajir Reply

Definitely comic. I love the buttons, but comic is cooler :)

2. October 19, 2012  9:19 am by Dianna Reply

I vote comic! Nice job Suraya!

3. October 19, 2012  9:25 am by ColleenB. Reply

Suraya; You Done A Wonderful job covering your pumpkin but having to vote which we think is best..........just not fair, as they are Both Fantastic.
    I love buttons...all shapes, sizes and colors, so I gotta go with the button pumpkin
    May you have a very happy Howl-oweeeeeeen

4. October 19, 2012  9:45 am by Dina Khalil Reply

I love them both !

5. October 19, 2012  11:14 am by Alia Reply

That comic pumpkin is awesome! Brilliant idea!

6. October 19, 2012  11:49 am by sahara Reply

Suraya!!! Your Pumpkin came out lovely.....The comic gets my vote :)

7. October 19, 2012  12:07 pm by Rana Reply

I love both pumpkins but the comic is my favorite. Suraya is a very creative girl.

8. October 19, 2012  1:17 pm by Denise Aboushoushah Reply

Both pumpkins are lovely but I think the comic one wins

9. October 19, 2012  6:08 pm by Aziza Reply

Love the buttons, but who could resist comics?!!! Awesome job Suraya, love them!!!!

10. October 19, 2012  11:12 pm by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

Ok, both pumpkins look GREAT. I think, one day, you'll have some major competition with your blog when Suraya decides to start one of her own. That girl has talent and vision. I think she did an incredible job with the comic pumpkin. Working on a round surface can be hard and she executed it perfectly...but my vote goes to the buttons.

11. October 20, 2012  10:09 am by Bobi Jensen Reply

What fun ideas!

Hey, I have a weekend link party I'd love for you to join if you'd like:

Thanks, Bobi

12. October 20, 2012  3:05 pm by Amy Reply

Both cute, but the comic one is definitely my fave! Such a cool idea! I'd loooove it if you'd share it here:

13. October 22, 2012  6:58 am by Sophie Reply

Well...both are wonderful! The button pumpkin is very elegant....but still I prefer the comics one, it's really funny and joyful! Very cool idea!

14. October 23, 2012  7:36 am by Megan Reply

Such creative ideas! I love the idea of using comics. :)

15. October 23, 2012  7:37 am by Laura@live-love-scrap Reply

They're both so cute!! I wouldn't have thought to use comics- how awesome!

16. October 24, 2012  3:21 am by Angela at A Typical English Home Reply

Genius! I have a pumpkin which I was struggling to come up with a design for, but this post has really inspired me (I've pinned this post on Pinterest!) Thank you for sharing the idea.

• October 31, 2012  3:41 am by Angela at A Typical English Home Reply

Just a little follow up comment to show off the pumpkin that Suraya's comic book pumpkin inspired:

Thanks again for the inspiration, my boys really enjoyed making it!

17. October 24, 2012  5:04 am by Stacey Reply

I adore them both! How creative.

18. October 25, 2012  7:51 pm by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

Both are wonderful, but I vote for the comic pumpkin. Great job, Suraya!

19. Pingback : {nifty thrifty sunday #81}

20. October 29, 2012  10:44 am by jgdubu Reply

Love both ideas! I just bought craft pumpkins over the weekend... thinking about getting more so that the kids can have a decorating contest after we have Thanksgiving dinner!