Baby It’s Cold Outside

I love gifting yummy treats in cute packaging as much as I love receiving them [hint, hint;)]. In the previous post, I shared candy cane cookie truffles, which I made using Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s cookies. Today, I will show you how I packaged them.

Yup, those are winter hats that you see! With the chilly weather, tasty treats like to be kept warm too ya know! ;)

Let me show you how I made these hat wearing frosty jars. Don’t worry, no knitting experience needed. This is what you will need:

• Jar
  • Frosted Glass spray
  • Alphabet stickers
  • Sleeve from an old sweater
  • Yarn
  • Rubber band
  • Scissors

First thing, decide what you want your jar to say. I used the phrases Let it Snow, brr, and Frosty for my three jars. Once you have that figured out, adhere your stickers to the jar (I made my phrases out of vinyl with my Silhouette). Following the instructions on the frosted glass spray bottle, spray your jar. I applied three coats. Also, I did keep the caps on the jars to keep the spray from getting into the jars.

Once the frost is completely dry, slowly peel off the stickers. At this point, if you are using a recycled jar, you can spray paint the cap with whatever color you want or leave it as is like I did. Your call!

Fill your jar with treats.

Now it’s time to make the hat, so grab your sleeve, yarn, rubber band, and scissors! For this part you will need to base the hat size on the size of your jar. For the jar sizes I used, I cut off about 5 to 6 inches from the more narrow end of the sweater sleeve. Place that cut piece onto the jar about an inch past the cap. Tie the top end with the yarn double knotting, and cut slits to create the pom pom. To hold the hat down, place a rubber band where the neck of the jar hits. Lastly, fold up the bottom end of the sleeve. Your winter hat accessorized treat jar is done!

Wasn’t that simple?

I would love to hear what you think… so go ahead and comment away!

Also, yesterday I did a guest post over at Craftionary. I shared a No Sew Snowman tutorial. I would love for you to check it out!

1. November 28, 2012  8:24 am by amy of while wearing heels Reply

Maysem...these are adorable. I am positive I'll see them featured all over blogland. Super cute and so easy. And, filled with such a tasty treat :)

2. November 28, 2012  8:28 am by ColleenB. Reply

OMG, your snowman treat jars are Adorable and sure am glad you said No knitting involved. Easy Peasy.........my kind of projects :}
    Love them little snowmen you have on your mantel as well.Cute, cute, cute.
    (think I will need to take a drive to some resale shops and find me some old sweaters :}
    Thanks for the easy and quick instructions. :}

3. November 28, 2012  8:50 am by Alia Reply

Cutest thing ever! Glad I started saving my jars!

4. November 28, 2012  8:59 am by sahara Reply

OMG, those snowmen are soooo CUTE!!!

5. November 28, 2012  11:00 am by Nikky Reply

Oh how CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! I was so happy to dropped by your friendly and so inspiring blog today. Talk about putting a big smile on my face. The jars are exquisite, what a lovely idea you had. I now know there is such a thing a spray to give this effect on empty jars. Your snowmen are absolutely adorable. How easy and cheap to make as well. You go to a place like Peer 1 Imports and you would easily pay $30 for one easily!!!!!!! Well done Maysem!
    Nikky

6. November 28, 2012  11:03 am by suzan Reply

Love it!

7. November 28, 2012  10:47 pm by Rana Reply

These are so cute. What a great idea! :)

8. November 29, 2012  7:33 pm by Salwa Reply

Adorable!!

I am the BIGGEST trader joe's peppermint chocolate covered joe joes fan! In fact I bought an entire case this year, because they go away so quick!!! they're the same as the candy cane joe joes except dipped in chocolate, you must try them!

On another note I really miss you! Hope you're doing well!

9. December 1, 2012  4:40 am by Polkadotpretties (@Polkadotprettie) Reply

Great project !

I would love you to come and share it at my Craft, Create & Inspire Linky party

Hope to see you there:)

Claire@ Polkadot pretties x

10. December 3, 2012  1:38 pm by the Painted Apron Reply

Those are really cute, love love love the hats! Clever and different! Your snowmen are adorable too!
    Jenna

11. December 3, 2012  1:55 pm by Accidentally Wonderful Reply

Great way to use empty glass jars and mismatched socks! I'd love it if you'd share this at my linky party http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/

12. Pingback : Craft, Create & Inspire linky party

13. December 8, 2012  5:28 am by Polkadotpretties (@Polkadotprettie) Reply

Thank you for linking up at Craft, Create & Inspire linky party last week.

Your project is featured today :)

Hope you will join us again this weekend

Claire @ Polkadot pretties x

14. September 26, 2013  2:07 pm by Manal Reply

I just saw these jars... Really Cute! Is there such a thing as colored frosted spray? If so, where can I get it?

15. December 9, 2013  10:03 pm by Elisha Reply

Love this idea for a 4th grade class. It's so eco savvy too, with all the recycling :0)