Candy Cane Cookie Truffles

Just recently I was introduced to these scrumptious cookies…

They are Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s. I was told I must try them… and try them I did. There’s candy cane pieces in the cream center.They were heavenly I tell ya! Have any of you tried them? If you enjoy the Girl Scouts Thin Mints, then you should definitely love these. As matter of fact, I thought they were better than Thin Mints. Yup, that’s what I said… better! Of course, that’s my own humble opinion. ;)

One of my favorite treats are Oreo truffles… and I enjoy those babies un-dipped too! When in a hurry or just for a faster treat, just skip the chocolate dipping part and roll the balls in Oreo crumbs. You can serve them just like that and they’ll look great!

I decided to use my new found love to make cookie truffles.

I’m sure most [if not all] of you are familiar with Oreo cookie truffles, but in case someone needs the how to, here are the steps I used to make the candy cane cookie truffles.

What you need:

• one box of Joe Joe’s
  • 8 oz block cream cheese
  • chocolate for dipping (I used a 24 oz block of white chocolate almond bark… this was enough for the batch)
  • 2 candy canes
  • toothpicks (I used long toothpicks)

Using a food processor, I crushed one package  of cookies and added the cream cheese. Mix until well incorporated. To make it easier to roll the balls, I stuck the mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then I formed the balls and stuck them in the freezer again for 10 more minutes. In the mean time, I crushed the candy canes and melted the chocolate.

Once the chocolate was ready, I dipped the balls. I found it easier to use a toothpick to dip the balls. After dipping, I gently removed the toothpick and quickly sprinkled the crushed peppermint. The toothpick will leave a small hole on top, but the peppermint will hide it. However, at times the hole will be bigger than others so I just would dab it with chocolate using another toothpick. Before inserting the toothpick into the next ball, I wiped the toothpick clean.

Cookie truffles have a softer consistency than cake balls, so you may need to stick them back in the freezer while you work. I had to do it once with the last third of the batch. One batch made 40 cake balls.

You can eat them right away, but if you can resist I recommend refrigerating them until the inner part is firm. Also, since they are made with cream cheese, I do keep them refrigerated until closer to serving time as well as refrigerate any left overs (if any!).

Quick, easy, and a delicious treat! Drink milk or an ice cold water with them to feel that minty coolness in your mouth. :D

In the next post, I’ll show you how I packaged them. Come back to check it out!

1. November 26, 2012  9:18 am by Jocelyn Reply

YUM! I love chocolate and peppermint in white chocolate!!

2. November 26, 2012  9:19 am by ColleenB. Reply

Looking Good and you're making me hungry and gaining a couple pounds just seeing these

3. November 26, 2012  9:44 am by Aziza Reply

Maysem, you're killing my hips!!! Lol, and I can't resist going to TJ's and getting my ingredients to make these today:)

4. November 26, 2012  12:09 pm by Maha Reply

Maysem these treats look scrumptious!

5. November 26, 2012  12:35 pm by Nadia Reply

Trader Joes makes it sooo hard to diet as it is this time of year... this recipe takes it to a whole other level!

6. November 26, 2012  12:37 pm by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

You had me with mint. Those are beautiful. I will be pinning. This looks easy enough that even I could make them!

7. November 26, 2012  5:40 pm by sahara Reply

Those look super D'LISH!!

8. November 27, 2012  3:21 am by Denise Aboushoushah Reply

Could I just use Oreo cookies to make these (no Trader Joes in Saudi Arabia )?

9. November 27, 2012  8:45 am by Amy Reply

These look awesome! Pinning these! Going to make these this holiday season for sure!!

10. November 27, 2012  8:50 am by Leila Reply

oh those look so good!

11. November 27, 2012  9:35 am by Debi @ Adorned From Above Reply

I was just looking for peppermint oreos this morning to make some cookies. Thanks for the info. I love making these truffles. They will be amazing with peppermint cookies. I have a link party starting on Wednesdays and would love to have you share this with everyone. The link is www.adornedfromabove.com
    Debi

12. November 27, 2012  12:07 pm by Spice Gals Reply

These look great! Wish I could snap my fingers and eat some right now! We are your newest followers :)

13. November 28, 2012  12:47 am by Nikky Reply

Oh Goodness....why do they come up with more sweet stuff we can't pass up? Just looking at the cookies I know it will be good and I know I would not be content with just one hee hee. Seriously, have one or two for me and I won't tell anyone ok? Please? YUMMY
    Nikky

14. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Baby It’s Cold Outside

15. November 28, 2012  12:05 pm by dixiendottie Reply

Holy cow! These looks scrumptiously delish! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)

16. November 28, 2012  1:58 pm by Kerry Reply

I'm a chocolate/mint fan. I'll def have to try these!! (So wish we had Trader Joe's!!)

17. November 29, 2012  7:45 am by Winnie Reply

These not only looking beautiful, but they also seem heavenly delicious

18. November 29, 2012  8:50 pm by Erika Reply

They look outstanding!

19. December 1, 2012  3:07 pm by Tanya Schroeder Reply

These are perfect little Oreo truffles!!! Look perfect...perfectly edible!

20. December 1, 2012  3:47 pm by WonkyWonderful Reply

Very pretty treats ... these would definitely make wonderful holiday gifts!

21. December 2, 2012  12:54 pm by Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} Reply

These are so pretty. I'm in the UK so no trader joe's here but they look like Oreo cookies. How do they compare in taste? But boy are those truffles good. I'm 'this' close to licking the screen!

If you don't mind, I'd love if you would stop by and share these and any other dessert creations on Sugar & Slice Sunday weekly link party.

22. December 3, 2012  7:21 pm by Haley Reply

I LOVE TJ's JoJos! These look so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

23. December 4, 2012  4:54 pm by Kelly at Smart! School {House} Reply

This is featured at Smart! School {House} for Whimsy Wednesday this week! Congrats and we LOVE that you party with us:) This week's party (and your feature) will be starting soon. See you there!

Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    www.smartschoolhouse.com

24. December 4, 2012  5:58 pm by GlamorousMommy Reply

MmM, these look so yummy!! Found you featured on Whimsy Wednesday!

Fotini

25. December 6, 2012  6:38 am by Megan Reply

Those look amazing!! Pinning this recipe asap. I just received a box of those Joe Joe's from a friend the other day. I know how I'm going to make them even better.

26. December 6, 2012  3:36 pm by Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com Reply

Featuring you today! :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

27. December 8, 2012  6:26 pm by Kelsey Reply

Thank you so much for stopping by and liking up with us!! :)
    Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks

28. Pingback : Whimsy Wednesday, Dec. 4th - Smart School House

29. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Winter Inspiration

30. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie {with Joe Joe’s Crust}

31. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Candy Cane Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies

32. December 20, 2013  7:53 pm by Leanna Reply

I just mixed a box of Joe Joes and cream cheese and my mix looks way thinner than yours does. There is no way this will stay in ball form. Any suggestions?

Wedding Cake & Fried Green Tomatoes

I've been busy preparing for my first wedding cake order which is for this weekend. Eek! Excitement! Want a sneak peek? I guess just a little peek won't hurt;) Don't worry, [...]

Healthy Eats

Despite all the sweet treats I've been sharing with you, I have been doing well at sticking to eating healthier. My health kick is still going... and I'm in it for the long run! We[...]

Anise Biscotti Recipe

I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. The kiddos go back to school tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm ready to get back into the regular routine... not just yet. Most of the[...]