Winter Love

Let’s talk winter! Another season that I absolutely love! What’s there not to love about winter? Okay okay, yeah it’s cold… and snow and ice can make it difficult to travel. But I, myself, do prefer the cold over the scorching heat of the summer months (ssh, don’t tell summer, but it’s my least favorite season:P). For me, there is so much to love. I LOVE sweaters… I love layers… I love boots… I love the winter gear… and I love snow! I love watching the snow come down… I love watching it blanket the earth. I love hot chocolate (which is most enjoyed in the cold weather season!)… I love the holiday season…. I love the decorations… simply, I just love winter!

Last year I shared a few winter craft ideas with you…

This snowball fight invitation was a big hit with everyone! Thanks for the love y’all! Last year I made snowball cookies… which were quite suiting, don’t ya think! Hmm… what shall I make this year for the invite and who shall my target be? ;)

My primitive inspired melting snowman came to be last year as well. I can’t wait to bring him out again! He was made out of left over batting from all the blankets I have made… and I still have a lot more batting scraps. Hmm… should I make him a little buddy to keep him company this year? I confess, I can get snowman obsessed during the winter time. :P

I aslo shared a winter wreath tutorial. I had made a smaller one for myself, and this one I had gifted to my sister.

And of course I put together a winter mantel.  I have a few ideas of how I want to go about putting together this year’s mantel… I can’t wait to share it with you!

I have some ideas lingering for this winter, and I look forward to sharing them with everyone!

1. November 16, 2012  9:01 am by Simplee Sue Reply

The snowballed idea is so cute. I would like to feature it the second or third week of December at simpleesue.com

We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.

2. November 16, 2012  9:07 am by Maha Reply

Love your winter goodies! I actually need to pull out my beautiful winter wreath soon!

3. November 16, 2012  9:11 am by Aziza Reply

Those snowball cookies look divine, recipe please;)

4. November 16, 2012  9:43 am by Sarah Reply

I'm with ya...I love winter too for all the same reasons! I live in the it really hate my surroundings for 4 months of the year! I've learned instead to embrace it!and my boys LOVE to play in the snow! Can't wait to see your crafts!

5. November 16, 2012  10:01 am by Rana Reply

I love winter too. I have never been a summer person. I love your winter mantel and the wreath you made too. So nice.

6. November 16, 2012  1:31 pm by Denise Aboushoushah Reply

Love your ideas as usual living here in Jeddah means we never get cold. I have to put my chocolate in the fridge as I can't stand it warm. Happy New Year.

7. November 16, 2012  4:43 pm by ColleenB. Reply

love your snowball idea as well as your other wintery decorations.
    Looks like your primitive snowman could use some other family members just to keep him company
    Anxious to see what you do this year for your mantel decor.
    Won't be long before the fall wreath comes down and up with my winter one.

8. November 16, 2012  6:00 pm by Sahara Reply

Can't Wait!!!

9. November 16, 2012  8:41 pm by amy of while wearing heels Reply

You made snowball cookies? You are SO talented. I am impressed. Unlike you, I am not a huge fan of winter. I hate being cold. I can't wait to see what the winter inspires you to create this year. I am sure whatever it is, it will be inspiring.

10. November 17, 2012  9:24 am by Marilyn Reply

These ideas are great. Decorating for winter rather than Christmas is great since you can keep everything up longer. Thanks for the inspiration

11. November 17, 2012  8:04 pm by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this year!

12. Pingback : Bakin' Up Hamantashen Christmas CookiesCoffee break with Simplee Sue