Love is in the Air

Last Valentine’s Day, I made chocolate dipped spoons for Suraya’s class Valentine’s.

Valentine's Chocolate Dipped Spoon

This year, I was in the cookie decorating mood.

Valentine's Bird Sugar Cookies

So I made these little birdies.

Valentine Cookie Packaging

I thought it would be cute to package them in small glassine bags tied off with twine.

Valentine's Day Cookie Packaging

And to hand stamp the bags with the phrase “love is in the air”.

Love is in the Air Valentine's Cookie Packaging

Simple and cute packaging. Sometimes that’s all you need!

Valentine's Day Cookie Packaging

Oh, also, each bag was sealed off in the back with paper tape.

Love is in the air Valentine's Day Packaging

I’m loving them… I hope Suraya’s classmates will too! I’d love to hear what you think… so type away!

If you do decide to make your cookies in advance like I did, you will want to freeze your cookies to preserve their freshness. You can freeze the baked undecorated cookies, and then decorate them a couple of days prior to the day needed, or you can decorate and then freeze them. When freezing cookies, whether decorated or not, I place mine in an airtight freezer safe container and place parchment paper in between each layer of cookies. Cookies don’t need much thawing time, and when they are thawed they taste as fresh as the day you baked them!

In the next post, I’ll be sharing more cookies and another packaging idea. This time for the teachers!

1. January 30, 2013  8:12 am by Amy of While Wearing Heels Reply

WOW. I am impressed. I adore the birds, especially the sweet little heart on them. I am a sucker for all things heart related. I LOVE that you used Love is in the air. That is a perfect addition to the packaging. I love the paper you used to wrap each bird up, the bakers twine to embellish the wrapping, the tape on the back. This is ADORABLE. Pinning.

2. January 30, 2013  8:35 am by Jess Reply

These are PRECIOUS! I just received an order of bakers twine from Pick Your Plum and I can't wait to use them in craft projects - this is a wonderful use!! Love the stamped baggies too, way too cute. I hope I can do cute things like this for Billy when he's in school!

3. January 30, 2013  8:50 am by Maha Reply

Very cute! I love the cookie and packaging style! Always impressive!

4. January 30, 2013  8:56 am by Leila Reply

These are great! those cookies are adorable and love the simple packaging. I love working with sugar cookies they are so handy to work with and taste great. Her classmates will love them!

5. January 30, 2013  9:36 am by ahlam Reply

These are so cute! I have a question, when you are using cookie cutters, do you bake a whole sheet of the cookie dough first and then use the cutters to cut out the shape? I always do this wrong... lol Thanks! :)

6. January 30, 2013  3:12 pm by ColleenB. Reply

Very Impressive indeed and oh, so cute as well, right down the way they are packaged. Wish I was in her class.
    Oh, to be young again :}

Love that little birdie cookie cutter.

7. January 30, 2013  9:52 pm by Manal Reply

Very Cute, the kids are lucky to recieve these! I'll be looking for mine in the mail :)

8. January 30, 2013  10:34 pm by Shelly Reply

Love the twine, the stamps, the whole look!
    The packages are SO adorable!

9. January 31, 2013  3:09 am by lorijohnston836656258 Reply

I love this idea. The bags tied with the twine, so cute. And your cookies ~ they are both adorable and beautiful at the same time. Great job.

10. January 31, 2013  9:11 am by Brooke Reply

These little birdies are so cute!!! I love their size and color. And what darling packaging! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great day!

11. January 31, 2013  11:30 am by Megan Reply

These are so beautiful! I'm sure everyone loved them.

12. January 31, 2013  7:33 pm by Michele Reply

Amazing treats!!! Pinning:)http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/his-and-her-pillows.html

13. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Grade A Valentine

14. February 1, 2013  2:26 pm by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

You are Mother-of-the-Year! These are just wonderful. I'm glad you referenced them in your post today because somehow I didn't get an email notification about this post. I'm so glad I didn't miss out on seeing them! Maybe I can do these for Eli's class next year. I can gaurantee they're not getting made this year, but I so love the idea!

15. February 2, 2013  4:54 pm by aimee Reply

These are so sweet I would love you to come and share them at my linky party a

Thankyou x

16. February 2, 2013  10:35 pm by Sara Ivy (@saarrraaaaivy) Reply

These are so cute, that's a cute way to wrap anything really!

Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog (it ends Tuesday) if you'd like to come by and check it out that would be excellent!

Sara Ivy

17. February 3, 2013  1:17 am by Jenn Reply

The cookies are adorable and I just love the packaging! I'm sure the kids will love them! Thanks so much for sharing at Clean and Scentsible. I will be featuring these tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Jenn :)

18. February 3, 2013  8:41 pm by marissa Reply

these are absolutely darling. Definitely pinning.

19. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Vintage Love Valentine

20. February 4, 2013  12:19 pm by Christine Reply

Absolutely WOW!!!!!!!!! You gotta tell me how you decorated those cookies... YUMMY!!!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

21. February 5, 2013  5:35 am by Christine Reply

CONGRATS!!!! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer!
    Come over and grab your featured button... you deserve it :)

22. Pingback : Happy Pre-Valentines' Pin'inspiration - Cook the Story : Cook the Story

23. February 6, 2013  3:13 pm by lovelymrsp Reply

Hi Maysem,
    I am featuring your cookie tomorrow! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

24. February 6, 2013  4:36 pm by Marilyn Reply

Shut the front door...these are beyond cute....simply gorgeous! I'm hosting a Loving Valentine's Day party and I'd love for you to stop by and share this!

Have a wonderful day!

Marilyn

25. Pingback : Happy Pre-Valentine Pin’inspiration

26. Pingback : Made U Look Linky #59 |

27. February 7, 2013  3:33 pm by Linda Reply

those cookies are darling. How did you get them so perfect? Love 'em. Linda

28. February 8, 2013  2:32 pm by Marilyn Reply

This is definitely one of my favorite V-Day projects I've seen..so classy! Thanks for sharing at the Loving Valentine's Day Party!

Marilyn

29. February 8, 2013  10:06 pm by Kathie Reply

Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

Kathie

30. February 9, 2013  5:40 pm by Sarah @ Alderberry Hill Reply

Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured tomorrow morning!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and join me tomorrow night for Make the Scene Monday #60!

31. Pingback : 14 Amazing Valentine's Day Cookies - A Helicopter Mom

32. February 9, 2013  11:13 pm by Jennifer Reply

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I have mentioned your post on my blog, eatcraftsow.blogspot.com.au. If there is anything you wish for me to remove please let me know. Cheers Jennifer

33. Pingback : Did you Make the Scene? Features from MTSM #60 - Alderberry Hill

34. Pingback : What’s In The Gunny Sack? Link Party #75 and Features

35. Pingback : Handmade Valentine’s Day Gift Guide – Lovely Homemade Gift Ideas You Can Craft or Buy

36. Pingback : Unique Party Ideas from Bellenza | Valentine’s Party Theme Ideas

Grade A Valentine

In my last post, I shared Suraya's class Valentine's. Today it's all about the teachers... Suraya's teacher and aid. As I mentioned, I was in the cookie decorating mood. Other t[...]

Vintage Love Valentine

Now that I'm done with the Valentines for Suraya's classmates and teachers  and with a cookie decorating itch, what do I do with the extra cookie dough? Well, make more cookies of [...]