Valentine’s Day Cookie Stamping Tutorial

Valentine’s Day is not so far off… it’ll be here before we know it! Last Valentine’s I shared a cookie stamping tutorial as a guest post over at the Artsy Girl Connection, and realized that maybe I should share the tutorial right over here at OTI just in case you missed it. These are definitely one of my favorite cookies that I have done, so I hope you enjoy the tute!

A friend of mine likes calling these cookies Love Notes, and I think that’s a perfectly suiting name! Love Notes in Paris!

Let’s get started!

These are the supplies you will need:

• Rectangle shaped sugar cookies
  • Same cookie cutter used for cookies
  • Stamps (new and washed): scripted and Eiffel Tower
  • Gel paste food coloring (I used Americolor’s black and warm brown) plus 2 small bowls or a plate
  • Fondant (white and red)
  • 3 paint brushes and 1 pastry brush
  • Corn syrup plus small bowl
  • Tiny heart cutter
  • Rolling pin
  • Corn starch
  • Water in a small bowl

Step 1. Dust your work space with corn starch. Roll out your fondant and cut out a rectangle.

Step 2. Pour some corn syrup in a small bowl, and using your pastry brush apply it to your cookie. Then place your fondant cut out on top of your cookie. The corn syrup is your “glue”.

Step 3. Pour 2-3 drops of the brown gel paste into a bowl, and using a small tipped paint brush, apply it to your stamp. Next gently blot your stamp on a paper towel to remove access. Then stamp your cookie without pressing too hard; just enough to stamp it and not necessarily imprint it.

Do the same thing with the Eiffel Tower stamp using the black gel paste.

Step 4. Roll out the red fondant and cut out your hearts. Using a brush, dab your cut out lightly with water and apply it to your cookie.

You are done!

Now, just create a cute basket and give it to someone you love. Hey, be sure to keep at least one cookie for yourself too. I always do. :P Enjoy!

1. January 21, 2013  11:09 am by Maha Reply

Wow Maysem! I do not think you taught me this technique yet. I should have looked for a pyramid stamp and done the same concept for Lianna's party. Oh well I am done with the cookies already. Thanks for teaching this technique! Very nice and professional looking!

2. January 21, 2013  11:51 am by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

Has it already been a year since I first saw this tutorial?! My how time flies! Anyway, the cookies looks just as impressive and professional (not to mention delicious) now as they did then. Love your creativity!

3. January 21, 2013  1:09 pm by Amy of While Wearing Heels Reply

Oh my goodness. Those cookies are beautiful. You are a talented lady. I am beyond impressed.

4. January 23, 2013  8:33 am by ColleenB. Reply

Little late, but Welcome back.
    Your cookies are Amazing; very creative and how very talented you are. You have much more patience then I do when it comes to such fancy cookie decorating.
    Great job

5. January 23, 2013  10:58 pm by Sarah Reply

Oh my gosh...these are gorgeous and who knew...so simple to make! Definitely going to try this! Pinned.

6. January 25, 2013  11:33 pm by Sumo Reply

How fun! I love these. You make me feel like even I could do it! I'll be featuring these on my blog tomorrow!

Thanks!
    Sumo:)

7. January 27, 2013  1:30 am by jliff Reply

That is so cool!! I had no idea that you could do that! Thanks so much for sharing at Clean and Scentsible. I will be featuring this tomorrow. Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Jenn :)

8. January 27, 2013  11:40 pm by Doreen Reply

These are so adorablistic! That's my made-up word for really cute things. I have Paris stamps, and I love this idea. Think my hub is going to be pleased with these goodies! Now following you! Found you from Clean & Scentsible.

Doreen
    altered-artworks.blogspot.com

9. Pingback : 19 Easy DIY Valenine's Day Ideas - Home Stories A to Z

10. January 29, 2013  11:04 pm by Rachel Reply

You're joking!! You STAMPED these?! Holy genius! AH!

11. Pingback : Valentines day crafts (DIY Ideas) - Craftionary

12. February 3, 2013  7:37 am by Rebecca - Soap Deli News Blog Reply

This is so cool! I've just started stamping my handmade soaps with stamps I've bought and made myself. I use mica. Thanks for sharing!

13. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Vintage Love Valentine

14. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » More Valentine’s Day Ideas

15. February 19, 2013  3:08 pm by Cindy Reply

These cookies are gorgeous! Can you tell me where you purchased your tiny heart cutter? I can't find one that small.

Eid Cookie Stencils: Take 2!

Last year I had received Eid cookie stencils from Eidway which I had shared with you in this post HERE. I loved how the stencils created beautifully designed cookies that were pers[...]

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

Can you believe we are already talking about Valentine's Day? It's in stores... it's all over Pinterest and blog land too! So I thought why not join in on the fun. It's a holiday f[...]

More Valentine's Day Ideas

Valentine's Day is only a few days away. Just in case you were looking for more ideas, I thought I'd share just a few more. I'm always a sucker (no pun intended!) for mustac[...]