“Hop” Chocolate Bar

Since my nephew heard about my hot chocolate on a stick that I made for my hot chocolate themed craft party last year, he’s been asking me to make him some. He’s my sister’s son and they live in Buffalo. They have visited Chicago twice since then, and both times I didn’t get the chance. My sister will be visiting again during her kids’ spring break, and she told me that my nephew has once again asked if I could make him the hot chocolate. Honestly, I’m not a bad aunt… you could ask my nephew… he’ll vouch for me! And to prove it, I’ve decided to make the hot chocolate ahead of time… and to make it a little bit more special… and more appropriate for the spring season!

A couple weeks ago Jenn from Clean & Scentsible shared with everyone her bunny bar in this post. I thought it was too too cute of an idea, and I absolutely loved it! From there inspiration struck… an idea for my nephew’s hot chocolate bar. A Hop Chocolate Bar…

Bunny & Carrots Hot Chocolate Bar

With bunny shaped hot cocoa on a stick… and marshmallow carrots! Now you see why I just needed to get my marshmallows to work. Once I get an idea, I just can’t give up on it… and I’m so glad I didn’t. :)

Hot Chocolate Bunny Mold

I originally was going to use cookie cutters for the chocolate until I found this bunny head mold pan at Michaels. I got it for $5 using a 50% coupon! You can use cookie cutters, but it’s quite difficult to get the chocolate out… but not impossible. With the mold, you just spoon the chocolate in and pop it out when it’s ready. I loved the hot chocolate recipe that I had used for my hot chocolate party, so that’s what I used again. It’s from That’s What Che Said, and you can find her awesome recipe in this post here.

Hot Chocolate Bunny on a Stick

I’m so excited about this idea… and I hope my nephew will be too!

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Bunnies and carrots… what else can you ask for from a hop chocolate bar! Just hop the cocoa right into your hot milk and let it munch on a carrot… or two, if you would like!

1. March 20, 2013  8:06 am by ColleenB. Reply

How Wonderful. your nephew is absolutely going to love it.
    Those chocolate bunnies are so adorable and look really yummy right about now.
    When I first saw your marshmallow carrots yesterday, I thought, how cute those would be ontop of a carrot cake or going around the outside of the cake itself with chocolate bunnies sitting on top

2. March 20, 2013  8:23 am by Ahlam H. Reply

You are too cute Maysem! Have fun with your nephew! Can you by my auntie??? :)

3. March 20, 2013  8:38 am by Maha Reply

Omg- this is so cute! Yusef will love his Easter Hot Chocolate! Thanks for being such a wonderful aunt!

4. March 20, 2013  9:12 am by Cheryl | That's What Che Said... Reply

This is AH-DORABLE! Thanks so much for loving my recipe and the shout outs! Your Hop Chocolate Bar and home made marshmallows is AMAZING! I am going to share this on my Facebook page!

5. March 20, 2013  9:25 am by Karen @ Folk Haven Reply

Your creativity knows no bounds! You are definitely a most excellent aunt! Enjoy your visit with your nephew... From what I've been seeing about weather in Western NY these days hot chocolate is very much still seasonal!

6. March 20, 2013  11:12 am by Jess Reply

Your ideas get cuter and cuter!!! What a lucky little nephew you have to receive a treat like this!!

7. March 20, 2013  3:53 pm by Amy of While Wearing Heels Reply

What a sweet and wonderful aunt you are. You are going to make their visit very special. What a great idea. You are one talented lady!

• March 20, 2013  10:31 pm by Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com Reply

PS: So glad I came across your blog tonight through the Hookin Up with HoH link party! I've enjoyed looking through some of your fun posts and am now your newest Bloglovin' follower :) Would love to have you stop by and visit me at ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com sometime too! :*)

8. March 24, 2013  12:36 am by jliff Reply

How cute is that? Those marshmallow carrots are adorable! Thanks so much for coming out to the party at Clean and Scentsible {and I totally appreciate the link back!}. I'll be featuring these tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Jenn :)

9. Pingback : Easter Treats & Crafts Round-up! |

10. March 25, 2013  7:18 am by lovelymrsp Reply

Stopping by to let you know I included Hop bar in my Easter Round-up! Thanks for linking up! Yum!
    Kim

11. Pingback : It's a Spring Thing Sweet Tooth Round Up - Cupcakes & Crinoline | Cupcakes & Crinoline

12. Pingback : 15 Last minute DIY Easter Crafts - Craftionary