Spring Mantel

It’s still winter outside, but it’s spring in the OTI home. Bringing out my spring decor doesn’t mean I’m trying to shoo away my beloved winter. Nope, not me. It just means it’s now March, a month I associate with spring so it feels kind of odd to still keep my winter decor up… even if there’s snow outside! March is the green light to bring in the spring!

I’ve already shared my spring wreath and table centerpieces, today’s show and tell is my spring mantel.

Rustic Spring Mantel

My old window and my grandmother’s framed embroidered pillow cases stayed…. just like my frame tray, I love these pieces so they will be sticking around a bit longer.

Spring Mantel DecorYou’ve already been introduced to my book pages flower and my green vintage juice/water bottles. I decided to dry out the florals so I wouldn’t have to keep changing them out. I just hung them upside down in my closet for about a week, and they were ready to go.

Rustic Spring Mantel Decor

Remember my little yellow birdhouse from last spring? It was one of my favorite spring pieces so I had to make sure that I included it this year along with the little clay birdie I made to accompany the house. On a faux tree stump is where the two sat last spring and once again it is their choice of abode for this spring. ;) Next to them is a vintage blue Ball mason jar filled with green leaves. I initially had planned to fill it with little moss balls, but I already had green leaves on hand and opted to go that route instead.. and I’m glad I did. The sunflower was the finishing touch in this corner.

Spring Mantel Decorations

Also from last spring’s mantel are my be inspired and inspire others flower jar vases that were Mod Podged with fabric. Right next to them is a new edition. I couldn’t resist this plump birdie when I saw her at Hobby Lobby… and with 50% off it was a no brainer for me! Welcome birdie!

Rustic Spring Mantel DecoratingAnd that’s it… my spring mantel is done! However that’s not the end of my spring decorating… there’s one more area to go which I’ll be sure to share with y’all!

Hope you enjoyed today’s show and tell. Have you started decorating for spring yet?

1. March 1, 2013  9:02 am by Jess Reply

Cute as can be!!

2. March 1, 2013  9:31 am by Aziza Reply

I love it!!! I love how u have the little birdies here and there, and the book pages flower is very nice, and still understated in a chic way! U never disappoint or cease to inspire Maysem!

3. March 1, 2013  9:45 am by Leila Reply

Awesome blue and yellow theme. that new blue bird addition is cute! It reminds me of people like my mom and my aunts that like to collect things and put them on display. it's comforting, love it! :)

4. March 1, 2013  9:56 am by Amy of While Wearing Heels Reply

So many beautiful touches. I love the little blue bird by the bright sunny bird house. I love the pretty ceramic jars with 'inspire others' and 'be inspired' tags. AND, I love your grandmother's embroidered hankies...still :)

5. March 1, 2013  12:39 pm by Maha Reply

Beautiful!

6. March 1, 2013  1:46 pm by ColleenB. Reply

mantel looks great. Adorable as ever
    Like that little birdie as well. Great addition
    ColleenB

7. March 1, 2013  6:43 pm by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

Love, love your mantel...and yes, there is your "signature" bird house....so cute..I love how you layered the mantel with so many wonderful things..and my favorite is your grandmother's pillow cases...just beautiful!! Have a great weekend!

8. March 4, 2013  9:18 am by vmg206 Reply

Thanks for sharing all the great ideas. It's really beautiful!
    I have some Spring Mantle ideas I'll be sharing later this week on my blog, too.
    I found you today thru Craft-O-Manic Linky Party, where I'm #318. I hope you will stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

9. March 4, 2013  11:30 am by Catherine Reply

Very nice!

10. March 6, 2013  11:01 am by Hani Shabbir Reply

wow.. Spring! Love your mantle so much. :)

11. March 6, 2013  8:33 pm by Tara @ Suburble Reply

Love the paper flower! So awesome. Where do you find your vintage jars?

(Found you through Gingersnaps Party!)

12. March 7, 2013  8:00 am by laurendaisycottagen Reply

Everything about this mantel is gorgeous! I love the birds, the colors, everything! I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

13. March 8, 2013  1:47 pm by Kim @ Two Ten Designs Reply

I am in love with the blue ceramic bird & the inspire/inspired flowers. It's an adorable mantel!! Now, I need a mantel! lol