Tea Time Spring Vignette

Spring is a season that tends to inspire tea parties. Does anyone else feel the same way? Maybe it’s all the flowers that makes me think of pretty floral printed teapots and teacups. Or maybe it’s the spring fashion… the pretty dresses, the more cheerful colors, the floral prints, the accessories (thinking hats & pearls here!). Whatever it may be, once spring enters the picture, my mind can’t help but think tea…

Tea Time Vignette

So I’ve decided to create a tea time spring vignette. You remember my shutters and rosette frame, don’t you? I think they are quite versatile pieces that can go with any season which is why you are seeing them again… especially the shutters. I love my shutters… I make those work with every season no matter what. ;)

Spring Inspired Tea Bag Container

Of course I made sure to include my new tea bag container where you can find two tea options. Worry not, the apothecary jars hold two more options to choose from as well. And just in case you missed how I made the tea bag container, you can check it out in this post.

Country Chic Tea Party

My teapot, sugar, and creamer set make me think of lace and doilies, so I thought they made a nice addition to the vignette along with my dainty floral printed teacups and saucers. I thought the combination of the two gives the vignette a gentle touch. And what’s a tea party without flowers? Other than the rosette frame, I placed faux roses in the teacups. The roses I used are actually hair clips that I made for Susu last June for her uncle’s wedding. However I had made her a satin and lace flower hair clip instead, leaving these two roses unused… until now! To give them a lift, I added rice in the cups.

Tea Time Spring VignetteI think all that’s left for me to do is plan an actual tea party. Who’s up for some afternoon tea?

1. March 6, 2013  9:11 am by Leila Reply

beautiful! I love how that cabinet has lots of counter top space to get your creative on...and we must be thinking a like. I'm using a tea cup in my spring mantel! I'm going to post it on Monday.. waiting for a sunny day to take some pics. Weather is not on my side at the moment.

2. March 6, 2013  11:14 am by Esra Reply

You know how I feel about this!!!! This is adorable!

3. March 6, 2013  11:24 am by cathy c Reply

I love everything about it!! Love the turquoise and yellow. Saw your post over @ Someday Crafts. Please visit me @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com sometime!

4. March 6, 2013  11:57 am by Aziza Reply

I love it! I'm on my way, get the tea going, lol! I love ur colors, and the feminine yet shabby chic vibe u have going - awesomeness!

5. March 6, 2013  1:44 pm by sweetsimplestuff Reply

I haven't done afternoon tea for so long ... you reminded me how nice it is!

6. March 6, 2013  1:46 pm by ColleenB. Reply

what a beautiful arrangement . All the colors go so well together. You really have the talent of putting things together nicely. Great job.
    Love those tea cups as well

7. March 7, 2013  11:07 am by Kari Reply

Stopping by from the link up....this is so cute! I love the shutter idea!

8. March 9, 2013  9:13 am by Patti@OldThingsNew Reply

Beautiful vignette! I love your tea bag holder. What a clever idea the boxwood lid is. Blessings, Patti@OldThingsNew

9. March 10, 2013  1:43 pm by Denise Aboushoushah Reply

I think I might have to come to your house for tea. It looks lovely

10. March 10, 2013  9:19 pm by Salwa Reply

Omgsh I am dying from kyootness! I am in LOVEEE (OBSESSED) with tea and tea time! And you totally had my attention with the hats and pearls! What a beautiful vignette mashaAllah. AHHH LET'S HAVE A TEA PARTY! :-)

p.s.I secretly want to live with you lol :-)

11. March 12, 2013  1:44 pm by Wanda Reply

What a wonderful idea. Having afternoon tea should be on all our schedules. I love your apothecary jars with the tea bags in them and your lovely Spring colors-it is coming....Have a great week! Visiting from A-Z. Love, Wanda

12. March 13, 2013  8:16 am by lovelymrsp Reply

Very Cute! I love the flowers in the teacups! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

13. March 25, 2013  6:55 pm by LM Reply

I was looking for ideas for Spring vignettes and came across your blog. I absolutely adore your "tea time" container, from the pear color you chose to the creative top and handle. So creative.

And of course...those shutters are amazing!