Fall Leaf Doily Packaging

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I sure did. The family and I went on our annual apple picking adventure at County Line Orchard. I’ve shared a couple of our past apple picking adventures with you. You can check them out here and here. I do want to talk apples with you but let’s leave it for another day, and instead let’s talk packaging!

If you have been following along, you know by now how much I love cute packaging. Cute packaging makes me happy. Doesn’t it make you smile when you get a scrumptious treat that’s all decked out in a fun package? Well actually treat or not, in general cute packaging makes me grin ear to ear! There’s just something about packaging!

Pumpkin Bar and Cream Cheese Frosting

In the last post I shared a pumpkin bar and cream cheese frosting recipe. It was long overdue… I have no idea what I was thinking! But like I said in the previous post, better late than never. Anyway… I had made them for a lunch gathering that a friend of mine hosted. I figured that she already had a list of desserts planned to be served along with other guests possibly bringing dessert as well. I decided to package the pumpkin bars individually so guests had the option of taking them home… cream cheese frosting and all!

Being a fall dessert, of course they had to have fall packaging.

Dollar Store Fall Leaf Doilies

Last fall, I had found these leaf doilies at the dollar store but never got around to using them. We all know how much I love doilies! And if you don’t know… I LOVE doilies! BTW, for those interested, the leaf doilies are available at the dollar store this year as well.

Stamped Fall Leaf Doilies

Do you know what else I love? Stamping! I adore the rustic handmade appeal that stamping offers. Each leaf was stamped with Homemade Pumpkin Bar.

Cream Cheese Frosting Packaged in Solo Containers

Packaging the cream cheese frosting was going to be the tricky part. As I was rummaging through my stash of packaging supplies {yup, I have a huge stash. Who doesn’t, right? ;)}, I came across these 1.25 oz Solo condiment containers. Perfect! I had received a dozen of them a couple of years ago but I’m not certain how I obtained them… I think Mr. OTI may have been the one that gave them to me and I saved them like any good crafter would. However, a dozen wasn’t going to be enough. After much brainstorming, I decided if I was going to find them anywhere it would be Party City. And score! They did have them…. that calls for a Woohoo!

Using a piping bag and tip 2D, I piped in the frosting in each container. The fancier tip wasn’t necessary but I thought it would make it look prettier?

Pumpkin Bar and Frosting Doily Fall Packaging

Now it was time to package everything together! I placed each pumpkin bar in a wax paper bag along with a container of frosting and a wooden ice cream spoon. The wax paper bags are sandwich bags that can be found at Whole Foods… another collection in my supply stash. The spoons can be found at any craft store by the popsicle sticks.

I closed off the bags by folding down the opening and sealing it off with washi-like tape.

Leaf Doily and Yarn Twine Fall Packaging

Then to finish it off I tied the leaves to the front of the bag using twine-like yarn. I found this yarn at Hobby Lobby one day and thought it looked so much like twine except with soft yarn texture… and cheaper than twine. It was on sale for $2.66! No brainer, wouldn’t you say? Look how well it went with the rest of the packaging! Can I get another Woohoo?

To keep the leaf from sliding off, I looped the yarn ends through one of the leaf holes on each side.

Fall Leaf Doily Fall Packaging

Packaging is done and ready to go! Nothing to it.

Leaf Doily Fall Treat Packaging Favors

Thankfully the packaging was a big hit at the party… and later I learned so were the bars and frosting. Can I get a final Woohoo? ;)

You know I love your comments so type away!

1. September 23, 2013  9:33 am by leila Reply

wow! love it. those doilies are awesome. It's so great when you can find neat stuff to work with.

2. September 23, 2013  12:06 pm by Manal Reply

I would love to be the recipient of one of these... they're too cute! I bought a stamp set a month ago but haven't used it yet, you made nice use of it :)

3. September 23, 2013  2:58 pm by Rana Reply

I love the way you packaged the bars and they look so yummy. We went to County Line Orchard yesterday so the kids could pick apples. This is the third year we've gone. We always have a blast. The kids will keep talking about it until we go to Bengstons for pumpkin picking.

4. September 23, 2013  4:14 pm by Alice Reply

I love those doilies! What a great idea for packaging your delicious treat. You have some awesome ideas and I'm so glad you share them with your followers.

5. September 24, 2013  12:49 am by Salwa Reply

The guests must have felt so special! Your blog makes me more excited about Fall! :-)

You can find some interesting packaging finds at GFS in bulk, like mini containers with lids, etc.

6. September 24, 2013  11:18 am by amy of while wearing heels Reply

WOW. Everything about this is pure perfection. Love the dollies, love that you stamped them, love the yarn you used to tie it all together. What a sweet (get it, sweet) package to put together.

7. September 26, 2013  4:28 pm by Betsy Reply

I LOVE these doilies. Which dollar store did you buy them from? Was it a dollar tree, or something else? I was gonna try to find some of these.

8. September 26, 2013  8:21 pm by B.Brittain-Marshall (@ritewhileucan) Reply

I shouldn't have read while hungry...now I am fixated on pumpkin bread and cream cheese frosting!!! not good. :) I too love, love packaging. In fact, I write about such things over at www.ritewhileucan.com. I think you might enjoy it. Visiting via 'lovelyladies linkylife'.

9. September 27, 2013  9:13 am by NancyB Reply

This is too fun! Love those doilies and the yarn is perfect for another autumn project I am working on! Thank you for sharing this! <3

10. September 27, 2013  11:04 am by Jessica Reply

I love this! It is extremely cute and beautifully packaged. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find your stamp set?

11. September 27, 2013  11:47 am by Angie@Echoes of Laughter Reply

These are so pretty Maysem! You did an awesome job! Happy Fall & have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

12. September 28, 2013  12:08 am by Sanghamitra Reply

Beautiful ! I love those colors!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

13. Pingback : Sweet Sharing Monday | Sweet Anne Handcrafted DesignsSweet Anne Handcrafted Designs

14. October 2, 2013  9:42 pm by Manal Reply

How do you get your stamped letters to come out so perfectly? I tried my stamps today for the first time and I couldn't help to get extra ink on my paper even though I just barely ink them...