Feather Apron Flower Girl Dress

Feathers. Feathers. Feathers. Pieces here… pieces there… they were practically everywhere! But in the end it was all worth it! In case you missed my last two posts, here’s the summary: My sister asked me to help with my niece’s flower girl dress. The theme of the dresses was feathers. That was the bride’s only requirement… the rest was up to the mommies. I’ve never worked with feathers, but I knew exactly what direction I wanted to take… a whimsical feather apron dress! If you did miss it, I shared how I made the feather apron in this post so be sure to check it out!

Without further ado, I present to you our little flower girl, Lianna…

Feather Apron Flower Girl Dress

Doesn’t she look absolutely adorable and stunning at the same time! No bias here. ;)

Flower Girl Feather Apron Dress

Lianna is a natural born fashionista, so of course I had to make sure I put together a dress that would meet her approval…

Flower Girl Flower & Feather Hair Acessory

Not just dress, but entire outfit from head to toe!

Feather Apron Flower Girl Dress

Did I meet her approval?

Whimsical Feather Apron Flower Girl Dress

I would say I did… I sure hope so! What do you think?

As a first time flower girl, Lianna rocked it! As the eldest of the three flower girls, she led the way tossing feathers here… there… everywhere making a pathway of feathers for the bride to follow. Yes, that’s a pathway of feathers and not flower petals. With beautiful flower arrangements in shades of plum and coral with branches, bird cages, and elegant water fountains, it was a sweet wedding to remember.

I was a flower girl a couple of times. I will always remember the dress I wore for my second take as a flower girl. I hope Lianna will always remember hers. Ah..sweet memories. If you were a flower girl, do you remember your dress? I would love to hear your sweet memories… or not so sweet if you prefer. ;)

Hey! If you missed the post where I shared the hair accessory I made my niece, be sure to check it out here. I have a link for the how to for ya!

1. September 4, 2013  9:07 am by sahara Reply

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Both Lianna and the dress.
    You really did a phenomenal job Mayse Mashallah!

2. September 4, 2013  9:14 am by ColleenB. Reply

Lianna is absolutely adorable and so beautiful in your gorgeous and stunning feather dress. What a pretty little girl she is and yet looks so grown up.
    You done one heck of a wonderful job in your creation of a feather apron dress. The flowers are simply amazing. Can tell that a lot of love went into making her flower girl dress

3. September 4, 2013  9:19 am by Alia Reply

Stunning! Looks like a $500 dress! And the hair accessory is gorgeous.

4. September 4, 2013  9:29 am by Maha Reply

Maysem... Lianna is so lucky to have the best aunt in the world! Thank you for all your hard work and creativity! She felt Like a Princess that day and you gave her that. Thanks! Xoxo!

5. September 4, 2013  10:38 am by Rana Reply

Your niece looked adorable and the dress looks great.

6. September 4, 2013  10:58 am by Dina Reply

Beautiful !!!

7. September 5, 2013  11:29 am by Manal Reply

Too cute - you did a nice job... And Lianna is one classy looking gal ;)

8. September 5, 2013  12:13 pm by Muna Reply

Can't tell u how much I love the whole ensemble from head to toe! Great job maysem!

9. September 5, 2013  8:50 pm by Rola Reply

Maysem, you are so talented! I love Liana's outfit and head piece. She looks so pretty.

10. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Exciting Thrift Shop Find

11. September 9, 2013  7:36 am by giogio Reply

This is very beautiful, Maysen. I'm pretty sure Lianna was enthusiastic about it, not less.

If you really really wanted one, I can make another ruler pendant for you ( I'm afraid I missed the brown chain), just send me your address here annah_savage@yahoo.it. :-)

12. September 10, 2013  11:14 am by Kim~madeinaday Reply

What a pretty dress! Love that Flower in her hair! Thanks for linking up on Made in a Day!
    Kim

13. Pingback : Whimsy Wednesday Link Party 80 - Oh My Creative

14. September 10, 2013  8:34 pm by Susan @ Oh My! Creative Reply

Just stunning! I featured you today with the new Whimsy Wednesday Link Party! http://bit.ly/1ay7ceN

15. September 10, 2013  11:53 pm by Najat salah Reply

You did an amazing job mashallah. Youre very talented. The details of the dress and the head piece are beautiful! Keep it up

16. Pingback : Fabulous Feature Friday

17. October 9, 2013  12:07 pm by Arine Reply

I fell in love with this dress!! Can't wait to see more creations:)