Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie {with Joe Joe’s Crust}

I think it’s already been established that I LOVE Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s cookies. Since it’s been established, I think we can go straight to the treat I have for you today. Yes, it sure does involve using the Candy Cane Joe Joe’s!

Candy Cane Cookie Truffles

Last year, I shared these Candy Cane Cookie Truffles using Joe Joe’s, and they were heavenly! To get the recipe, feel free to jump over HERE.

This year it’s Candy Cane Ice Cream pie!

Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie with Trader Joe's Joe Joe's Crust

This year, I knew I wanted to make a pie crust out of the Candy Cane Joe Joe’s, but I was uncertain what kind of pie. My favorite way to eat anything minty is cold, so when deciding on what type of pie to make, ice cream came to mind. A peppermint crust called for peppermint ice cream! Of course, any ice cream that goes well with peppermint can be used instead.

This is definitely one of the easiest treats you can make, and so refreshingly yummy!! If you love peppermint, this is the treat for you!

The following is all you need for the ingredients:

-2 1/2 cups finely crushed Candy Cane Joe Joe’s (that’s about 22/23 cookies)

-1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (half a stick)

-Peppermint ice cream (or any other ice cream that goes well with peppermint)

-Melted chocolate or chocolate syrup for drizzling (optional)

-Crushed candy cane or hard peppermint candy (optional)

Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie Recipe

First crush the cookies in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can easily crush the cookies by placing them in a zip lock bag and with a rolling pin crush the cookies; rolling back and forth until the cookies are finely crushed.

Next mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter until well incorporated.

Then with a tart tamper or spoon press the crust into a pie dish. I decided to make individual portions, so I used mason jars instead (1/2 pint wide mouth). If you choose to do the same, with a spoon press the crust into the sides first.

Freeze the crust for about an hour or until firm. In the last 20 minutes or so, leave out the ice cream at room temperature to soften. However, since temperatures do vary, to avoid melting your ice cream do check up on it.

Once the crust is firm and the ice cream softened, fill the crust with the ice cream. Even out the top a bit, but it doesn’t have to be perfect. Place the pie in the freezer until the ice cream is firm.

Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie Joe Joe's CrustRight before serving, garnish it with drizzled chocolate and crushed peppermint.

Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie with Candy Cane Chocolate Cookie CrustDig in and enjoy!

1. November 22, 2013  10:40 am by Cheryl Reply

Sometimes the simplest recipe ideas are the best! Your presentation is awesome. I want to try this one too, but in the pie size. Thanks for a great holiday recipe!!

• November 22, 2013  6:02 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Cheryl! I definitely agree... simple can be better. Have fun making your pie.. and most importantly Enjoy! :)

2. November 22, 2013  11:06 am by Maha Reply

Maysem I think this desert will be big hit in a lot of households! And super easy to make!

• November 22, 2013  6:04 pm by Maysem Reply

Yes, very easy! Lately I've been about easy. ;)

3. November 22, 2013  12:50 pm by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

I love anything peppermint flavored. This looks delicious. You always put so much thought and love into everything you do.

• November 22, 2013  6:09 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Amy. :) You are going to love this then! It's all about the peppermint and super easy to put together!

4. November 22, 2013  5:07 pm by ColleenB. Reply

A Big hit indeed and so easy to make that it almost makes it sinful. I guess if a person can't get Joe Joe's cookies that maybe Oreo's would work just as well. They look so good, but too cold right now here to eat ice cream at the moment. It's cold, wet and windy.

• November 22, 2013  6:18 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Colleen! Yes you can definitely use Oreos. Oreos do make peppermint and mint... or you can just do regular Oreos. The candy cane Joe Joe's have candy cane pieces in them, so in turn so will the crust. I was thinking if someone had no choice but to use Oreos, and if they really wanted the candy cane pieces in the crust then they can use finely crushed candy canes and mix it in with the Oreos before adding the butter.

5. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Candy Cane Cookies & Cream Muddy Buddies

6. November 26, 2013  1:56 pm by Angela Reply

yum! thanks for sharing, this looks delicious!

• December 1, 2013  3:49 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Angela!! Appreciate you stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. :) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

7. November 26, 2013  3:45 pm by Chelsea Reply

Love it! If you haven't already I would love for you to link up to this week linky party and share it! http://www.somedayilllearn.com/2013/11/25/teach-tuesday-43/

8. Pingback : Christmas Treats | The NY Melrose Family

9. Pingback : Red Christmas Crafts & Desserts - Oh My Creative

10. December 3, 2013  4:42 pm by Susan @ Oh My! Creative Reply

Thanks for linking to last weeks Whimsy Wednesday! I featured your yummy Candy Cane ice cream pie in this RED Christmas Crafts & Desserts post! You can see it here http://www.ohmy-creative.com/holiday-crafts/christmas/red-christmas-crafts-desserts/

Hope to see you again tonight!

Susan

11. Pingback : 15 Candy Cane Treats

12. Pingback : Last minute Christmas Inspiration Ideas - Clean and Scentsible

13. Pingback : Christmas Inspiration 25+ Gift Ideas, Decor & Recipes

14. Pingback : Christmas Inspiration - Yellow Bliss Road

Homemade Pumpkin Pie

That's my Emile Henry pie plate and my fall leaves piecrust cutters (both from Williams-Sonoma). I love my Emile Henry pie plate! It makes my pies look so pretty. Apple pies an[...]

Bunny Treats [Homemade Marshmallows]

Yes, I've finally had success with making homemade marshmallows... but not out of vegan gelatin. Yup, I did end up giving up on vegan gelatin. It was just not doing the job. If you[...]

Anise Biscotti Recipe

I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. The kiddos go back to school tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm ready to get back into the regular routine... not just yet. Most of the[...]