Thanksgiving Favor & Place Card Setting

In the last post I shared a new favorite cookie recipe of mine… Spiced cardamom cookies. I’m going to be using these cookies for my Thanksgiving favors which can also be used as place card settings. Want to see how I packaged them?

Printed Burlap

I’ve been loving all the printed burlap that have become available in fabric stores. As soon as I saw these three printed burlap, I knew I needed an excuse to buy them. At that moment I couldn’t come up with an exact excuse, but I bought them anyway! It was a moment of weakness. I do tend have a lot of those moments.

I was so anxious to use my new burlap stash, so my brainstorming went in overtime. This is what I came up with…

Thanksgiving Burlap Pouch Favors and Place Card Settings

Thanksgiving favors slash place card settings…. and I love ‘em!

Once I decided that I was going to make Thanksgiving favors, I knew I wanted them to be pouches and to be personalized. However the inspiration for the turkey name tags came from A Muse Studio.

Thanksgiving Favor Pouches Tutorial

To make them, I first cut strips of burlap measuring 9″ in. x 4″ in. My cookie was about 3″ inches, so I made my pouch an inch wider and 1.5″ inch taller. I folded the long side in half bringing the short ends together, and with a short stitch sewed the ends on each side together leaving an opening on top; backstitching in the beginning and end.

I placed a cookie in a glassine bag, sealed it off with masking tape, and inserted it in the pouch.

Turkey Tags for Thanksgiving Favors

With my Silhouette, I cut out little turkey shaped tags out of card stock and stamped it with a guest’s name.

Lastly, I tied twine onto a clothespin and with it clipped the turkey tag onto the burlap pouch.

Burlap Thanksgiving Pouch Favors and Place Card Setting

And that’s all there was to it. A place card setting guiding your guests where to sit and an after dinner treat to enjoy!

Love to hear your thoughts so type away!

1. November 11, 2013  9:08 am by Dina Reply

Love love love !

2. November 11, 2013  9:13 am by ColleenB. Reply

Those are adorable name tags and so very creative.
    Love the burlap designs. I didn't realize that they had such a thing in the fabric section but then it's been a very long time since I bought fabric. I'm sure your family really enjoys coming to your home for the holidays.
    You actually think them treat cookies will last for after dinner? I know they wouldn't around here. They would be gone before we even sat down to eat.
    Enjoy your day

3. November 11, 2013  10:56 am by Rana Reply

Such a cute idea!

4. November 11, 2013  12:43 pm by Maha Reply

Very cute idea! It would never work for me! Too many people and they also would never comply- lol! Maybe I could do it for the kids they would love it!

5. November 11, 2013  9:37 pm by amy of while wearing heels Reply

Maysem, I always visit your space and feel inspired and impressed. You are the queen of packaging and making things beautiful. I absolutely LOVE how you have put this together. The little turkey, the burlap pockets to hold your delicious cookies. You have a knack, my friend, a knack for making everything look just a little bit better.

6. November 12, 2013  3:18 pm by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

They are fantastic…any quest would be thrilled with them and know that you are the clever talented person that you are!!!

7. November 12, 2013  9:45 pm by michelle @ michelle lea designs Reply

Absolutely adorable!!! I love these. I even have fabric left and will have to make these. Thank you for sharing. Did you see the black chevron burlap too?

8. November 14, 2013  4:21 pm by myrecipeconfessions Reply

I love this idea. I this on Made U Look Link Party. I am will be making these this year.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Carrie

9. Pingback : 9 Thanksgiving Table Ideas | Vicki O'Dell... The Creative GoddessVicki O'Dell... The Creative Goddess

10. Pingback : Easy Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas - Oh My Creative

11. November 18, 2013  8:07 am by Susan @ Oh My! Creative Reply

These are just beautiful! So pretty! I featured your favors from Whimsy Wednesday!

You can see the post here In this Easy Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas http://www.ohmy-creative.com/holiday-crafts/thanksgiving/easy-thanksgiving-table-setting-ideas/

Thanks for linking each week!
    Susan

12. November 19, 2013  5:34 am by amie @ Pinkapotamus Reply

You had me at BURLAP! These are lovely.. so simple and lovely!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

13. November 19, 2013  3:51 pm by Q @ JAQS Reply

What a fun project! Looks great.

Thank you for sharing your project, I featured it this week! :)