Winter Wreath {Makeover}

Just like I did with my fall wreath, I decided to give my winter wreath a makeover. I admit, I can get bored of some things sometimes and do like to change it up a bit. Hence the reason I’m a seasonal home decorator!

Rustic Winter Wreath

A couple of years ago I made this wreath.

Winter Wreath Embellishments

I decided to change it up with some subtractions and some new additions. The new additions being these items pictured here… a glittered faux feather, a new fabric flower, and the paper straw snowflakes that I shared the how to for in the previous post.

Faux glittered Feather

The glitter on the brr was rubbed down to give it a less intense glittered effect, and it was moved to the opposite side where it was placed on top of the glittered feather.

Fabric Flowers

Two of the original fabric flowers remained, and were joined by the new fabric flower. I made the new flower in the same method as the ones I made for my fall wreath, except I did use two layers of fabric. You can get the how to in this post HERE. Note: For the double layer, cut out a strip of fabric doubled in width and fold wrong sides together.

Fabric Rags

One of my favorite new elements are these fabric rag strips that replaced the bow on top. Just something a little different than the typical bow and a nice way to put fabric scraps to use.

And of course, the last of the additions… the paper straw snowflakes. I think the snowflakes add a hint of whimsiness along with the brr.

Rustic Yet Whimsy Winter WreathSince most of the elements were already pre-done, it was a quick wreath to put together. It’s rustic yet whimsy… probably not the typical duo but I think it says winter, don’t you?

1. November 20, 2013  9:09 am by Maha Reply

Very nice! I love your feather and snow flake additions.

2. November 20, 2013  10:47 am by Rana Reply

I love how this turned out. I have been wanting to put a wreath on our front door but we don't have a storm door so I don't think it would last long in Chicago weather.

3. November 20, 2013  11:38 am by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

I love seeing how you are always changing things up. Looks great. My favorite is the brrrr cause that's how I am already feeling!

4. November 21, 2013  5:46 am by sahara Reply

This wreath definitely screams winter bliss. And i absolutely love it against the window!

5. November 21, 2013  1:12 pm by ColleenB. Reply

Your make over really turned out lovely. That large feather really sets everything off nicely. Your wreath is Gorgeous.
    Enjoy your evening as well as the remainder of the week.
    Preparing for cold temperatures and freezing rain so been busy preparing for the cold temperatures that will be moving in this evening. :{
    Be a good time to do some baking I guess.

6. November 26, 2013  11:38 am by ursularosien Reply

The oval shape is very cool and unusual! Love it! visiting from Carolyn's homework linky ;)
    come visit me: