I have one final peppermint recipe for you. I promise. This one involves one of my favorite childhood treats…Rice Krispies! I’ve taken that beloved treat and combined it with my favorite winter cookie… Candy Cane Joe Joe’s. Nope, I can’t get enough of those cookies!
And oh, I didn’t stop at just adding Joe Joe’s. I went on further and covered the top with melted semi-sweet chocolate, drizzled white chocolate, more cookies, and garnished with crushed candy canes. Mmm… the combination was oh so YUM!
Dare I suggest that you enjoy these treats while the chocolate is still somewhat melted. Go ahead, throw in a glass of milk to go along with it…. and just ENJOY!
Peppermint Cookies & Cream Rice Krispies Treats
4 tablespoons butter
1 10 oz package Marshmallows
5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
20 coarsely chopped Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s (or Peppermint Oreos)
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
1 cup White Chocolate, melted
6 crushed Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s (or Peppermint Oreos)
2-3 crushed Candy Canes
1. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish (or 9 x13 for thinner krispies). Set aside.
2. In a large pot on medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt over low heat, stirring until marshmallow is completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add the Rice Krispies and coarsely chopped cookies to the melted marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
4. Pour the mixture in the prepared baking dish, and with a sheet of wax paper evenly press the mixture into the pan.
5. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate, and spread or drizzle it completely covering the rice krispies. Melt the white chocolate, and drizzle about 3/4 of it on top of the semi-sweet chocolate.
6. Immediately after covering with the two chocolates, sprinkle or gently spread the crushed cookies completely covering the chocolate. Lightly press the cookies to help adhere it to the chocolate.
7. Drizzle the remaining white chocolate and garnish with the crushed candy canes.
8. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to help the chocolate set just a bit, but not completely (unless you prefer to).
Now for the hard part… At this point you may be thinking “share or not to share”. But if you do decide to share, you just may be everyone’s hero! So go ahead and share… you can always make another batch just for yourself! ;)
If you love peppermint as much as I do, then you might enjoy some of my other peppermint creations. Get the recipes here.