Spiced White Hot Chocolate on a Stick

The cold season has arrived! That means it’s time to break out the winter coats, boots, hats, gloves, and scarves. It also means time to bring out the hot chocolate! One of my favorite ways to keep warm during the cold season is with a nice cup of hot chocolate. I decided to do some experimentation with some hot chocolate recipes… on a stick! And I’ve come up with two recipes for ya. Today I’m so excited to share one of them with you… Spiced White Hot Chocolate on a Stick! This recipe is definitely one of my favorite hot chocolate recipes. I hope it becomes one of yours too!

Ingredients:

24 oz White Chocolate (best-quality chocolate is recommended)

1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 cup Heavy Cream

2 teaspoons Cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg

Cooking Spray

Popsicle Sticks

Spiced White Hot Chocolate Recipe Steps

Steps:

1. Line an 8 x 8 dish with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. Place the chocolate in a large bowl. Set aside.

3. In a small sauce pan, combine the condensed milk and heavy cream. Over medium-low heat bring the mixture to a simmer stirring frequently.

4. Pour the mixture over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Then stir the chocolate until it’s melted and smooth.

5. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg to the chocolate, and stir until well combined.

6. Pour the chocolate in the prepared 8 x 8 dish. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

7. Once set, slice 25 pieces and insert popsicle sticks in each piece. Feel free to sprinkle each piece with some cinnamon.

Tip: I find it easier to cut the chocolate when it’s removed from the dish. To remove, just lift the chocolate with the foil. For smooth cuts, heat a knife in a hot cup of water, wipe dry, and then cut. Wipe knife after each cut and reheat knife if necessary.

Spiced White Hot Chocolate on a Stick Recipe

When ready to serve, stir in a cup (8 oz) of hot milk. Garnish it with some marshmallows and cinnamon. Keep warm and enjoy!

These can be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks. They can also be stored in the refrigerator in individual plastic treat bags.

Spiced Hot Chocolate on a Stick Snowman Shaped

To have more fun with this recipe, use small cookie cutters or molds to create cute shapes. For cookie cutters, use a 9 x 13 baking dish instead. Lightly spray the cookie cutter before cutting. For molds, lightly spray each cavity. The little ones will love the fun shapes… us big ones too!

In the next post I will be sharing my second recipe with you all, so be sure to come back!

1. December 6, 2013  9:36 am by leila Reply

so you stir the chocolate on a stick in your hot milk? that is so cool!!!! Sounds like a great teacher gift. I need to start thinking about that soon. Only 2 more weeks until xmas vacation

• December 6, 2013  10:34 am by Maysem Reply

Yup, that's all you do! I agree, it definitely will make a great teacher gift. I know, I can't believe only two weeks to go! Yikes!! ;)

2. December 6, 2013  10:22 am by Maha Reply

Maysem this looks so delicious! I will have to try for the kids!

• December 6, 2013  10:32 am by Maysem Reply

It was really good and super easy to make! The kids will have fun making it. :)

3. December 6, 2013  6:36 pm by ColleenB. Reply

These look wonderful. You come up with the sweetest ideas

having nasty weather down here and cold, mercy it's cold outside. Had to go into town this morning and not going much over 25mph. The parking lots.....nothing but a sheet of ice. So glad to be back home. Hubby's work place even called and told him not to come to work this evening cause closing the store. Sure am glad that he's home for the evening and not on the icy roads

• December 7, 2013  11:20 am by Maysem Reply

Thanks Colleen! Sounds like that it called for some hot chocolate for you and the hubby! :)

4. December 6, 2013  8:06 pm by amy of while wearing heels Reply

That's it, I'm moving and I am going to move into your building. You make such pretty and delicious looking things. This is so sweet.

• December 7, 2013  11:19 am by Maysem Reply

Come on over!! The owners are actually in the process of building a new building right next to mine, and I've been telling all my friends that whoever wants some goodies should hurry on over! ;)

5. December 7, 2013  9:50 pm by Kelley Reply

These look great Maysem! And a nice hot chocolate with one (or two) of these sounds amazing right now!

Thanks for linking up to the Life of the Party! Im going to feature these tomorrow in an "Easy Homemade Christmas Dessert" roundup!

6. December 7, 2013  11:30 pm by shirley@housepitalitydesigns Reply

That looks incredible!!!…Your family must be so happy when you make these wonderful things!!…I would be!!!

• December 8, 2013  10:12 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Shirley! Not much complaining. ;)

7. December 8, 2013  4:14 am by Rana Reply

This sounds so good. I love hot chocolate.

• December 8, 2013  10:15 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Rana! I have another hot chocolate recipe tomorrow!

8. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Gingerbread Hot Chocolate {on a Stick}

9. December 9, 2013  9:26 am by Carrie Reply

Stopping by from Craftastic party and I MUST try this!

• December 9, 2013  6:51 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks for stopping by Carrie! I hope you do! :)

10. December 9, 2013  2:18 pm by Farrah Reply

Lovely! Thanks for sharing. This may have been posted or answered somewhere, but I'd like to know how many approximately are made with your recipe. I am interested in trying this, but want to gauge the ingredients accordingly. Thanks!

• December 9, 2013  6:32 pm by Maysem Reply

Thank you Farrah! Each batch makes 25 servings. Enjoy!

Do let me know if you have any other questions!!

• December 12, 2013  10:36 am by Maysem Reply

Thanks Angela! So glad to have you stop by and leave a sweet comment. :) Happy holidays to you too!

11. December 11, 2013  9:21 am by Karen Reply

Yummmm! I love cinnamon with chocolate. These look dreamy.

• December 12, 2013  10:14 am by Maysem Reply

Oh you would love these!!

12. December 11, 2013  12:52 pm by deonnawade Reply

It's Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! Thank you so much for linking up at the Merriest Blog Hop! I can't wait to see all of your holiday ideas this month! This is genius! I have never heard of this before and I love the shapes you can cut them into...Thanks :)

• December 12, 2013  9:31 am by Maysem Reply

Thanks Deonna! Thanks for hosting and letting me party with you. :)

13. December 11, 2013  8:42 pm by Mercedes Reply

I love this idea, so easy, but so festive and creative!

• December 12, 2013  9:25 am by Maysem Reply

Thank you Mercedes! And very tasty too. ;) Glad to have you stop by my part of town. See you around!!

14. Pingback : Fabulous Feature Friday

15. December 14, 2013  2:33 pm by Deonna Wade Reply

It's Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! Thank you so much for linking up at the Merriest Blog Hop! You were FEATURED! Yay! Please keep those good ideas coming and grab a button to tell everyone you were featured :)

16. December 22, 2013  3:17 pm by Becky Swinn Reply

Incase you don't see this comment on simplysweethome, I thought I'd repeat it here. This is inspired! I’m definitely trying it. I’ve made fudge using condensed milk and chocolate, so I imagine yours is a bit similar maybe? If you get time, check out my blog: http://sugarandtwocents.blogspot.co.uk

17. Pingback : Treat Gift Packaging | Ode to Inspiration