Winter Chalkboard Craft Party

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday celebration! The new year is just a few days away and I thought to end 2013 with a final post…. just because I’ve been anxious to share my craft party that was held this past weekend!! Well, it wasn’t just my craft party… I had two awesome co-hosts that helped me put it together with a few other contributors that helped make the whole thing come together smoothly. I confess that I am one of those 6 weeks in advance planners… at the very least!! However, with a co-host that tends to play it on a whim, thanks to her I learned that it is possible to put together a spectacular party in about a week… what I call on a whim for someone like me! I couldn’t have done it without them all!

Winter Crafting Party & Dessert Table

Winter Theme Dessert Table

We had a winter themed dessert table with practically everything homemade by not just me but a couple of other awesome bakers who were also amongst the craftees. The dessert menu included cake, cupcakes, Oreo truffles, chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread cookies, bread pudding, biscotti, macarons, muddy buddies, and peanut butter pretzel fudge. Candy canes too!

Craft Party Hot Chocolate Bar

Of course we just had to have a hot chocolate bar. A winter party wouldn’t be complete without one!

Winter Chalkboard Theme Craft Party

Thanks to Vintage Meet Modern‘s gigantic chalkboard and Susu’s awesome artistry we were able to have an unforgettable craft supply station. Susu really rocked it with the chalkboard art! And the transporting and transferring of the gigantic chalkboard will be a memory for the books!

DIY Photo BoothWe also couldn’t help but have a diy photo booth section! Supplied with a winter scenery background and props.

Chalkboard Dollar Store Trays Craft PartyOf course let’s not forget the craft! We made chalkboard signs using the Dollar Tree silver trays. A simple yet statement making project… and so multifunctional! Use them as boards for menu of the day, to do’s, shopping list or simply for inspirational quotes. How about as mail or key trays? Sky is the limit with this craft!

All the guests loved the idea and worked so diligently. Of course, in between paint coats, there was mingling, eating yummy sweets, hot chocolate creations, and just having fun! Then towards the end while guests were finishing up additional trays, we played a game of Taboo. It can get quite competitive with this game!

Garnish Gable Boxes

Right before saying their goodbyes, guests were provided with take home boxes to fill with treats and a little pouch of chalk to take home.

It sure was a blast! It was a great time with friends… some old and some newly made friends. I’m looking forward to the next party. Yup, I already do have ideas for the next one!

This party was a great ending to 2013. I look forward to seeing you all in 2014. Happy New Year y’all!!

1. December 27, 2013  10:11 am by Maha Reply

Looks like it was an amazing party! I need to hire u to plan a party for me.

• December 28, 2013  8:15 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks! It was a fun party. One time I'm going to have to plan one during one of your visits. :)

2. December 27, 2013  10:54 am by Esra Reply

Fun! Fun! Fun!!!!!

• December 28, 2013  8:16 pm by Maysem Reply

Couldn't have done it without you! :)

3. December 27, 2013  11:45 am by Salwa Reply

BEST PARTY EVER!!!! :-) I feel super lucky to have been there!

• December 28, 2013  8:16 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks!! I'm glad you had a good time! :)

4. December 27, 2013  12:15 pm by whatiadore Reply

Wow Maysem! Saw the pics on instagram and had to read the details. Everyone did such a wonderful job and you have such great ideas. I might magically show up at your door step next party LOL :P

• December 28, 2013  8:18 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Leila! That would be awesome if you did!! But trust me you definitely would be invited if you lived in my town. :D

5. December 27, 2013  12:55 pm by Rana Reply

It looks like you guys had so much fun :) I think craft parties are the best kind of party ;)

• December 28, 2013  8:19 pm by Maysem Reply

I definitely agree.. I do love craft parties! :D

6. December 27, 2013  2:06 pm by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

Wow. Your party turned out beautifully. I love the dessert table and photo area. You all looked so chic for your craft party. What a fun night!

• December 28, 2013  8:23 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Amy! I did have fun putting the table together... and the photo area was a fun addition that I'm so happy my co-host came up with. It sure was a fun night. :)

7. December 27, 2013  4:28 pm by Dina Reply

This really was an awesome party! Thanks Maysem!

• December 28, 2013  8:24 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Dina! Glad you enjoyed it! Btw, I have a gift coming your way. ;) LOL

8. December 28, 2013  9:04 am by ColleenB. Reply

WOW! Everything looks Awesome and what a lovely display. Gosh, Everything looks so delicious.
    You wouldn't be for hire now would you. :} You need to think about hiring yourself out in helping others organizing their parties and setting up displays such as yours. You done a wonderful job and I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves..........but then who wouldn't with such a great hostess.

Wishing you and your family a Very Happy and Blessed New Years.
    Texas

• December 28, 2013  8:26 pm by Maysem Reply

Thank you Colleen! You are always so sweet with the thoughtful comments you leave me. I think I enjoy it too much to turn it into anything but good fun... but I guess you never know. :D

Have a Happy New Year!!

9. December 29, 2013  3:11 pm by Manal Reply

Fun Party.... I want an invitation next time :)

• January 2, 2014  8:45 pm by Maysem Reply

Of course! ;) Trust me if you still lived in Chicago, you'd be on the top of the list! Happy New Year!!

10. December 29, 2013  7:14 pm by Rola Reply

This is giving me ideas for Ranias party in January! I wish you were in Virginia Maysem:)

• January 2, 2014  8:47 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Rola. :) I'm glad that you were able to get ideas for your own party! I'm assuming it's a birthday party.. if so, Happy Birthday to Rania! Happy New Year!

11. Pingback : Ode to Inspiration » To all the people and things that inspire me and motivate me to jump into projects I never thought I would do! I hope you get inspired too! » Anise Biscotti Recipe

Doily Paper Napkins

A few days ago I was on a hunt for doily paper napkins. I figured they must be sold somewhere. I did find one source, but they were going to be about $6.00 per package of 18 napkin[...]

Elephants & Diamonds

Diamond shape that is. Does that particular design have a name... I think it may. Some help here pretty please:D I'm not very good at knowing names of particular designs. Somet[...]

Construction Theme Dessert Table

Remember when I told you guys that my nephew was having a construction theme birthday party at Home Depot and that I used my Silhouette to personalize each guests' lunch box? Well [...]