Props to U Valentine!

This school year, Suraya’s school decided edible treats were no longer allowed for school parties or for birthday treats. You can imagine my disappointment. I LOVE edible gifts and especially LOVE packaging them. The first thing that always comes to mind where school parties and birthday treats are involved are edible treats… sweet ones of course. I blame that on my sweet tooth. :P However I had to think outside the sweet box, and that I did. This is what I came up with…

Valentine's Day Mustache & Lips Props

Valentine’s Day Mustache and Lips Props! Along with a simple tag that says Props to U Valentine! Hehe.

These were so simple to make. You just need straws, felt, scissors and glue (I used my hot glue gun for fast drying).

Also, I thought to give the kiddies an option to use these as actual straws as well and I made it so the mustache and lips can be removable… and transferred to a new straw if desired.

Valentine Props Tutorial

To make these fun valentines, you start out by cutting out two mustaches/lips per straw. In case you need a mustache and lip template, I have one right here for you —– > Mustache & Lips Template.

Center the straw on top of one cut out. Apply glue on each side making sure not to get glue on your straw and keeping in mind that the glue will spread once pressed down. Take the second cut out and place it on top of the first cut out sandwiching the straw. Lightly press the two pieces together to keep the glue from spreading to the straw.

Tip: Slide the straw out before you give the two cut outs a good press but be careful not to press the glue into the center. Or simply use a “scrap” straw as the guide and slide out immediately after pressing. Once glue is dry, insert the final straw. This will help avoid oops moments. :P

If you don’t care to make the mustache and lips removable, then glue away… straw and all!

Valentine Mustache & Lips Props

Add a cute tag, and you are done!

For the tags, I used thick scrapbook paper with cute little pink hearts in the background. I created and cut the tags with my Silhouette. Then I stamped on the phrase and Suraya’s name. I’m always a sucker for the stamped look!

Suraya’s class valentines are all set to go…. now on to her teacher’s gift!

1. January 17, 2014  9:05 am by Amy of while wearing heels Reply

How adorable. I can only imagine your disappointment not being able to make treats but you came up with something just as amazing.

• January 17, 2014  8:43 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks Amy!! When I heard the news in the beginning of the school year.. it stressed me out..LOL ;)

• January 17, 2014  8:44 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks bunches Khadija!!

2. January 17, 2014  10:55 am by Rana Reply

This is such a cute idea. My daughter's school allows food treats but they have to be prepackaged. Every year I say we will make her valentines but it never works out. I hope this year we can actually make them.

• January 17, 2014  8:47 pm by Maysem Reply

Thank you Rana! I don't mind prepackaged treats because there's still fun things you can do with them.. even if it's just adding a simple homemade card to them. I always prefer edible treats because as a parent you just don't want things piling up... with edible treats, you eat them and you are done! LOL :P

3. January 17, 2014  5:08 pm by ColleenB. Reply

even tho you can no longer make treats you still came up with a pretty clever and awesome idea.

• January 17, 2014  8:48 pm by Maysem Reply

Thanks bunches Colleen! :D Enjoy your weekend!

4. January 19, 2014  12:19 am by Rola Reply

These are adorable Maysem! I saw the straws somewhere, where did you get them?

• January 20, 2014  9:01 am by Maysem Reply

Thanks Rana! Those straws are everywhere... well almost everywhere. :) I get majority of my straws from Pick Your Plum, but you can easily find them at any craft store and even Target. Target will have them in the holiday aisles, party ware aisle, as well as the bargain section.

5. January 28, 2014  10:59 am by Kim~madeinaday Reply

Stopping by to let you know I will be featuring your cute Valentine Straws Thursday on Made in a Day! Thanks so much for linking them up! I love them!
    Kim

• January 28, 2014  11:31 am by Maysem Reply

Aw thanks Kim!! I'll definitely be there Thursday. :D

6. January 30, 2014  7:54 am by Ginger Reply

Featuring YOU today! Thank you for linking to {wow me} wednesday!

Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com