Embroidery Hoop Name Banner

I love embroidery hoops, and I love seeing the different ways they are used. With all the inspirational embroidery hoop art out there, I decided it was time for me to get crafting with some hoops. So I did… and I made an embroidery hoop name banner for a friend!

Embroidery Hoop Name Banner Tutorial

This was a fairly simple project. The most time consuming part was the hand embroidery.. and it didn’t help that I’m bit of a turtle when it comes to any type of hand sewing. :P You really don’t need any embroidery experience to make this… just as long as you know how to hand sew you are good to go!

For this banner, I used 4″ and 6″ hoops. Other than the hoops, the other material that I used were: fabric, felt, embroidery thread, twine, and buttons.

Embroidery Hoop Name Banner Tutorial

To start, I placed the fabric into the hoop and gave it a good tug on all ends. However, before that I did add glue to the sides of the inner hoop to keep my fabric in place permanently {which is totally optional}. After placing the fabric, I cut off the access fabric.

Backstitch Embroidery

Using a letter template and felt, I cut out my letters. With embroidery thread, I backstitched the letters in place.

Embroidery Stitched Fabric

After that was done, I went on further and did some hand embroidery for four of the hoops. I did a running stitch through the stems on the fabric of the middle E and A. For each center flower on the L fabric, I did a french knot. For the N, I embroidered the lines going around the frame and added a french knot on the dots that were on each side of the frame.

Embroidery Hoop With Embroidery Felt Letter and Buttons

For the first E, I sewed on buttons that I dug out of my big jar of buttons. I love that the flower button matched the flower print in the coordinating fabrics!

As a finishing touch, I added a twine bow on top of each hoop.

Embroidery Hoop Name Banner

Lastly, using Gorilla wood glue, I attached the hoops to each other and let them dry overnight.

And that’s all there is to making an Embroidery Hoop Name Banner!

I already have ideas for my next embroidery hoop project! Of course, once I do make it, I’ll be sure to share! :D

1. February 7, 2014  10:09 am by Cheryl Reply

This is a very cool and easy idea! I love your color choices too. Your creativity is boundless!

2. February 7, 2014  10:51 am by Maha Reply

Maysem I love this banner! Love your color choices! Maybe we could make one for my 40th this year- lol!

3. February 7, 2014  10:53 am by leila Reply

Beautiful! and totally fun!

4. February 8, 2014  8:41 am by Rana Reply

This turned out very nice. I love the colors and the little details you added.

5. February 10, 2014  2:56 am by Julie Reply

These are pretty awesome (and I'm not a teenager so don't use the word awesome very often!) Love them.

6. February 10, 2014  3:39 am by ColleenB. ~ Texas Reply

what a beautiful looking project and wonderful use of the hoops.

7. February 10, 2014  10:23 am by Melanie Hamilton Reply

So cute! I love the colors and textures, I want to make some of my own!

8. February 10, 2014  12:12 pm by jen Reply

Shared on my FB page, so cute! Jen-COM

9. February 11, 2014  9:46 am by Cheryl at Snaps of Ginger Reply

Oh my goodness, I love this! I am definitely adding it to my list of projects!!

Hopped over from The Winthrop Chronicle's link up

~Cheryl

10. February 11, 2014  6:57 pm by MomMaven Reply

So nice! I think I could actually do this! I hopped over from the linky at the Winthrop Chronicles.

11. Pingback : fabulous feature friday

12. February 14, 2014  6:36 pm by carolynshomework Reply

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic project on The Inspiration Board at homework. I featured you in the spotlight!
    carolyn ~ homework

13. February 15, 2014  2:50 pm by April Reply

This is really cute! I may have to do this for my girl's room!

14. February 23, 2014  5:42 pm by Pat C. Reply

Wow! Just WOW!!! xoxo

15. Pingback : Thursday Link Party and Features {2/13} - Craftionary

16. Pingback : Embroidery Hoop Name Banner | Decor Hacks

17. Pingback : 25 Creative DIY Projects Using Embroidery Hoops! | hometips.co.za

Ruffled Pillows

Last spring I whipped up a couple of pillows for a quick fix. Anybody recognize them? I'd be surprised if anybody does! They were only in the background of some of the pictures [...]

For the Key to My Heart {Valentine Key Chain}

I am a sucker for cute.. and handmade cuteness even more. When I saw these too cute for words handmade "house" key chains on Flickr, I knew I had to make one... but a Valentine's D[...]

Valentine's Day: Sew in Love

Valentine's Day is not too far away! There are so many adorable ideas out in blog land, which have inspired some of my own ideas that I want to share with you:) Today's idea is all[...]