Embroidery Hoop Name Banner

I love embroidery hoops, and I love seeing the different ways they are used. With all the inspirational embroidery hoop art out there, I decided it was time for me to get crafting with some hoops. So I did… and I made an embroidery hoop name banner for a friend!

Embroidery Hoop Name Banner Tutorial

This was a fairly simple project. The most time consuming part was the hand embroidery.. and it didn’t help that I’m bit of a turtle when it comes to any type of hand sewing. :P You really don’t need any embroidery experience to make this… just as long as you know how to hand sew you are good to go!

For this banner, I used 4″ and 6″ hoops. Other than the hoops, the other material that I used were: fabric, felt, embroidery thread, twine, and buttons.

Embroidery Hoop Name Banner Tutorial

To start, I placed the fabric into the hoop and gave it a good tug on all ends. However, before that I did add glue to the sides of the inner hoop to keep my fabric in place permanently {which is totally optional}. After placing the fabric, I cut off the access fabric.

Backstitch Embroidery

Using a letter template and felt, I cut out my letters. With embroidery thread, I backstitched the letters in place.

Embroidery Stitched Fabric

After that was done, I went on further and did some hand embroidery for four of the hoops. I did a running stitch through the stems on the fabric of the middle E and A. For each center flower on the L fabric, I did a french knot. For the N, I embroidered the lines going around the frame and added a french knot on the dots that were on each side of the frame.

Embroidery Hoop With Embroidery Felt Letter and Buttons

For the first E, I sewed on buttons that I dug out of my big jar of buttons. I love that the flower button matched the flower print in the coordinating fabrics!

As a finishing touch, I added a twine bow on top of each hoop.

Embroidery Hoop Name Banner

Lastly, using Gorilla wood glue, I attached the hoops to each other and let them dry overnight.

And that’s all there is to making an Embroidery Hoop Name Banner!

I already have ideas for my next embroidery hoop project! Of course, once I do make it, I’ll be sure to share! :D

1. February 7, 2014  10:09 am by Cheryl Reply

This is a very cool and easy idea! I love your color choices too. Your creativity is boundless!

2. February 7, 2014  10:51 am by Maha Reply

Maysem I love this banner! Love your color choices! Maybe we could make one for my 40th this year- lol!

3. February 7, 2014  10:53 am by leila Reply

Beautiful! and totally fun!

4. February 8, 2014  8:41 am by Rana Reply

This turned out very nice. I love the colors and the little details you added.

5. February 10, 2014  2:56 am by Julie Reply

These are pretty awesome (and I'm not a teenager so don't use the word awesome very often!) Love them.

6. February 10, 2014  3:39 am by ColleenB. ~ Texas Reply

what a beautiful looking project and wonderful use of the hoops.

7. February 10, 2014  10:23 am by Melanie Hamilton Reply

So cute! I love the colors and textures, I want to make some of my own!

8. February 10, 2014  12:12 pm by jen Reply

Shared on my FB page, so cute! Jen-COM

9. February 11, 2014  9:46 am by Cheryl at Snaps of Ginger Reply

Oh my goodness, I love this! I am definitely adding it to my list of projects!!

Hopped over from The Winthrop Chronicle's link up

~Cheryl

10. February 11, 2014  6:57 pm by MomMaven Reply

So nice! I think I could actually do this! I hopped over from the linky at the Winthrop Chronicles.

11. Pingback : fabulous feature friday

12. February 14, 2014  6:36 pm by carolynshomework Reply

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic project on The Inspiration Board at homework. I featured you in the spotlight!
    carolyn ~ homework

13. February 15, 2014  2:50 pm by April Reply

This is really cute! I may have to do this for my girl's room!

14. February 23, 2014  5:42 pm by Pat C. Reply

Wow! Just WOW!!! xoxo

15. Pingback : Thursday Link Party and Features {2/13} - Craftionary

16. Pingback : Embroidery Hoop Name Banner | Decor Hacks

17. Pingback : 25 Creative DIY Projects Using Embroidery Hoops! | hometips.co.za

Sweet Sofia

Once again I’m an aunty! Yay! My new niece, Sofia, was born on July 25. This means more sewing projects! Girls’ things (especially clothing) are so hard to resist… and there’s ju[...]

Personalized Pennant Garland

The last of my orders from a couple weeks ago involves a "garden" full of cuteness! This order was for a very special client... it was for my niece Sofia's first birthday! Yeah, I [...]

My New Toy (& Giveaway Winner)

Yup, I sure did get a new toy!  And I'm so excited for it!! It's a serger! I played around with it for a bit before getting started. It wasn't as bad as I expected it would b[...]